Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

e X posted:

:staredog:

For gently caress's sake, seriously? The whole thing was dumb when it was implied in the DCAU, but at least you could ignore it easily enough. Why would you ever think that is a good idea?

Azzarello wanted it because its controversial and you're a pussy for not getting how edgy this is. (He literally said both these things, this is not me putting words in his mouth)

Timm wanted it because he ships Batman/Batgirl hard and won't let the fact nobody else does, nor the fact that DC cannon doesn't support it stop him.

Liu wanted it because it shows how emotionally strong Batgirl is, because she quits being Batgirl because her love for Bruce causes her to gently caress up and almost kill someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

E: Wait no, tried removing the 's', worked fine. Yeah, https doesn't like loading http content.

teagone posted:

Not that I'm defending Azzarello, because I think what happened to the Killing Joke film is hot garbage, but he didn't outright just call someone a pussy for not getting how edgy the movie is. Just to be clear, someone in the crowd yelled an insult towards Azzarello and he asked them to say it again because he couldn't really hear it, but knew it was an insult. Whoever yelled didn't say what they said again and that's when Brian called whoever threw out the insult a pussy. Still an idiot though, but yeah, context.

Ah, right, I remembered it happened at a TKJ panel where people were complaining about the movie, but I forgot specifically what the audience member said before he called them a pussy.

Fair enough to Azzarello. Calling someone a pussy isn't really related to his reason for doing the Batman/Batgirl subplot in TKJ.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 24, 2016

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not fanboying out for poo poo, I'm reacting to an idiot thinking his stupid lovely opinion was worth more than a one sentence middle finger.

I pose the same question to you. Why was your opinion worth three paragraphs? You posted it like we were supposed to care about it, but I didn't see you prove out why your opinion deserved more than one sentence

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Why do any of us post on forums when we could all keep our thoughts to ourselves. Really makes you think.

Lurdiak says, with no self awareness.