Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That only happened in the first episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

HELLO MEGAN kept going and got its own episode fairly late in season 1.
Well yeah that's cause it was actually a plot point.

Dawgstar posted:

'Whelmed' at least goes into the second season. Red Arrow even does it once.
It was just an injoke at that point. They don't explain or go over it's details again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also was there ever any hints at Blue Beetle and Impuse being a thing? Because apparently that's a popular couple that people want in the show?

Nope cause neither of them are even gay.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On recent Young Justice

Man these poor metahuman kids. Also I do like Black Spider as evil Spider-Man.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 12, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

Private Security might be the best episode of Young Justice, It felt like a Justice League Unlimited one-shot. They’re really getting everything they can out of Khary Payton.

Man I just realized how much range Khary has. I did not realize he was Kaldur, Manta, Black Lighting and Brick. They all sound so different.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I am going to say one thing about the recent episodes it's that Shade's design once he gets his clothes back is awesome.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

That episode was hard to watch for me.

I think the reason why Olympia kept asking about the bear was a hint that she had either early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. Maybe that's why Cassandra called it a mercy killing... she would've died of the disease anyway.

Cassandra outright said that her mind had been going for a while and that is why it was a mercy.

Also glad the Ultra-Humanite is getting some respect, he is the original super villain after all.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 20, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

Icicle Jr. could be a good guy if he was born to a different family.

I wonder if he will end up getting with Artemis as they are a couple in the comics.

Though I did really enjoy his banter with Conner.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 26, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I hope that's a fakeout because lmbo if they're doing another animated adaption of the same loving story.

Related, I can't be the only one who was super confused about Beast Boy's girlfriend being a different blonde eastern-Euro princess in the middle of all the Terra stuff.

She's a Queen actually. We also met her before back in season 1.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ccs posted:

I watched Batman Bad Blood and was pretty impressed. Not only did it predict most of the Incredibles 2 plot, but it had better fight choreography than most of the DC movies, though the drawings were a little inconsistent during dialogue scenes. Made me wish for this to be part of a continuing set of Dc movies instead of a bunch of mostly unrelated one-offs.

My only real issue was it's obsession with murdering all the villains. I think Black Mask and Penguin who are both cameo's are the only villain survivors.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Inkspot posted:

gently caress you.

What is the issue?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

Oh did he finally say his plans for SSM? Last I checked, he was being vague as gently caress on his AMA blog because he was 200% sure that Sony would call any day now and tell him to make more of it.

I was actually kind of upset that YJ came back just because he was proven right for that show...

Now this is not true. Wiseman even stated that Spectacular is dead as doornail. As rights issues killed it, not anything else. It literally can't be renewed. Also from the last I heard him talk about it, he stated they had no plans to kill Gwen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

site posted:

what if...thanos just doubled all resources instead

His motives would have made more sense if he had the same motive as his comic counterpart and wanted to impress Death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The episodes were pretty good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Metalshark posted:

I'm more of a Marvel guy and it's been ages since I watched YJ S1 & S2, so I just had no idea who the kids were chasing after "Count Vertigo" in Episode 16, apart from Beast Boy, Static Shock and Kid Flash. Who was the lady firing purple and who is the counsellor kid?

I'm enjoying the show, but I'm now finding the cuts between dialogue across scenes and the catchphrases way more jarring this time. Maybe I just got old!

Ed is the Teleporter from Season 2. Traci Thirteen is new this season, though she made some cameos this season I think this is her first speaking role. She is Jaime Reyes girlfriend in the comics and daughter of classic DC character Doctor Thirteen. (Pretty much the DC Universe's biggest skeptic.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thirteen is particularly weird skeptic given that his daughter is a mage.

I guess it helps the stuff he is normally involved in are Scooby Doo Hoaxes

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 5, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

aba posted:

How many of you also laughed a little when Steve Blum's Henchy character said "Karabast!" in the latest episode of Young Justice?

When I first heard it I wondering where I heard that before, before going "hey that's Zeb's line" then trying to remember what it means. I guess Devastation is a Star Wars fan.

At first I thought that Random Henchman was just going to be more important than I thought, given that he was the one that hired Gabriel to let the Assassin in as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

He showed up once in the first season pretending to be a doctor to trick Kid Flash into thinking the princess died, but he's all over the place in season 3.

I forgot that was him in season 1. Guess Count Vertigo pays well if that Henchman has stayed with him for 7 years.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Everyone in that town in the latest Young Justice episode was totally based on Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Well after being based on the characters from the Newsboy Legion.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 10, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Azubah posted:

They still call Conner "The Superboy".

Only a few villains do. I think he is just called Superboy or Conner by everyone else.

TwoPair posted:

Question for those watching: is the team in Young Justice still just called "The Team"? Because that's one of the minor things that drove me nuts in the previous seasons

Yeah it does not have an official name on the grounds that it's not supposed to be a public thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

At a certain point, maybe you're too ashamed of writing a superhero story to be writing a superhero story. Maybe go off and write your own Ghost in the Shell or Appleseed.

They kind of seem the opposite of ashamed. They are bringing in every DC reference they can find no matter how obscure. Like the Streamer girl Garfield helped as an gorilla was this person. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_and_the_Ape

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vandar posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a deep cut.

(Still waiting on DC to release a modern Angel and the Ape comic...)

They also had a Deep Cut last episode with the Genderbent Newsboy Legion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsboy_Legion

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Open Marriage Night posted:

Did they refer to them as Paper Girls?

Newsgirl Legion. They and the supporting characters were also based on Scooby Doo Mystery Inc for the episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So in the new Hush adaption Hush is actually the Riddler, not Tommy Elliot. Also Tommy dies.

Probably a better story than the original. As part of the twist was that Riddler was partially behind the plot, and Tommy did not add that much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Cool news about Young Justice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It was fun seeing Lex Luthor getting pissed off in the new Young Justice

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

Surprised I haven't heard more talk about Queer Icon Kaldur'ahm.

Well he's bisexual. But it was still nice to see.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fuego Fish posted:

Bisexual is queer :colbert:

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am surprisingly curious about the two Grannies thing. Also Jace be crazy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really loved Lex bring brought down a peg. Even in the animation I could see the rage in his clam looking face.

The thing that really shocked me, was the Bad Samaritan showing up and making everything a bit bittersweet in the end. Also looking back you can see the influence of his powers pretty well in the first three episodes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's still a setback and they for sure did not get what they wanted. Their new member was just able to salvage a bit of the situation, so it was not a total loss.

Luthor is going to be hamstrung by this stuff for a while.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Bedlam was helpless at the time. (And probably also under Bad Samaritan's influence when he said that as he was begging for mercy earlier.) Brion did not have any real right to execute him, then there was the whole doubling down and usurping the Kingdom from his brother.

He also was not mind controlled, his actions were just influenced. He was considering doing all that stuff, the Bad Samaritan just gave him the push to do so.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Supersonic Shine posted:

That was one of the coolest fight scenes I've ever seen in an American cartoon. Hate how the alchemist looks, though.

He looked better as a villain with his mask on. (Which everyone thought was just his face until it was revealed to be a mask.)

But yeah the show has always had some great action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xG9x3x6ZI

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 25, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I quite liked Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Next season of Young Justice is coming Nov 1st.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

It's gonna be on HBOmax, right?

Yeah I am pretty sure.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AlternateNu posted:

Finally getting around to watching season 3 of Young Justice. I've heard a lot of the complaints from when it first came out, but no one told me they didn't get Tim Curry back as G. Gordon Godfrey! :(

Curry is not in the best health right now. I personally quite enjoyed Season 3 myself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

catlord posted:

After watching Scanners I decided to watch some Beware the Batman. I saw episode 1 a long time ago so I rewatched it and then watched the next one (well, watched the second one and then rewatched the first one), and it seems pretty decent so far? Certainly not "blaze through the last of our contractually obligated episodes in a 2 hour block at 3AM" bad. The animation seems pretty smooth, I've liked all three villains I've seen and I like that we're seeing some lesser known ones, some of the character designs are kinda odd but it feels like it mostly works.

Someone in the Network must have really hated it. When episode 8 or 9 hit, it was removed from it's block besides Teen Titans Go. And went on hiatus 6 months. The remaining episodes of the season aired normally in some other countries but not the USA. (CN did similar things to Young Justice.) Eventually it was announced it was now on the Toonami block and they started airing show. Only for it to be announced a few weeks later that CN had written off the show. (Meaning after a certain date, it could never be aired again.) Toonami's guys did a marathon of the remaining episodes their farewell to it as it was the last week for it to be on TV, and if they did not air them that way, then the show would have just been unfinished.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

catlord posted:

I mean, that doesn't make it sound much less malicious. Wasn't that whole block just generally poorly run? 'Cause Beware the Batman was not the only show to get screwed over (poor GL:TAS!), and isn't Teen Titans Go! the only survivor on TV? At least Young Justice got a streaming revival.

I think less Malicious on Toonami's end. There was tons of Malice on CN's end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The episode also mentioned the time were Waller really got her respect of him, which was a great sequence.

Funny enough despite Waller giving up on the plan after the assassin refused to do the murder, and no longer getting involved with Terry or his parent's life. She did actually ruin the McGinnis' marriage with her meddling.

Warren wondered why both his first son, and then his second son had black hair ,despite both him and his wife being red heads, and did not really resemble him at all, and could only really come to the conclusion that she had been having an affair.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 5, 2021