Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Superman is vulnerable to magic in that he has no defence against it. But magic that just buffs you to make you stronger would not help against Superman unless that buff was strong enough to make you equal him.

Juggernaut’s magic buff doesn’t equal up to Gladiator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
According to Kitty, Hank’s morality started going downhill after he dated Abigail Brand. A character who also known for her amorality and callousness in pursuit of what she sees as the greater good.

This seems to be accurate as his worst stuff really started happening after that period.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaz-L posted:

How it started: Fuzzy blue Dan Akroyd circa Ghostbusters

How it's going: Fuzzy blue Henry Kissinger

He’s back to how it started as Kissinger Beast died.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

I dunno if this will actually happen but just wanted to say I think this is brilliant and interesting.

Only kina flaw I can see is Bastion seems to be from the far future? I dunno if we know Cable's or Bishop's time in this but I thought it was a good ways off.

I didn't get any impressions of Bastion being from the future.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

Don't they make it explicit the Prime Sentinel and all that stuff is from the future? Beast's comment about how the tech they're seeing is way ahead of our time, and then Cable being the one who knows how to deal with Prime Sentinels.

And I thought all that came from Bastion.

In the comics that advanced tech came from Nimrod, and they just became commonplace in the future. But I am unsure of how they plan to link Bastion and Nimrod in the show.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hmm thinking I wonder if a future season storyline will be Necrosha. Did Selene ever show up in the original series?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

I was (well, still am) very unfamiliar with Bastion, so when I saw the new bad guy was a purple dude messing with technology, I thought it was Feilong from the recent X-Men/Iron Man comics and thought "wow that's a pretty recent pull for this show". I guess little did I know of the X-Men's long history of purple bad guys (that aren't The Purple Man™)

I was unfamiliar with what Bastion looked like as well, so I thought he was Feilong for a bit as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is Feilong for those curious.

Here he is a little less scuffed up

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 26, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh I know now, animated design is very faithful. But I was unfamiliar with Bastion prior to this series other than knowing he existed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know with Marvel's Darkseid ripoff they generally forget about his origins on Saturn's moon Titan and his weird rapey brother.

Well they are both Eternals if I remember correctly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

khwarezm posted:

I mean, yeah, probably. At the end of the episode "twilight" in Justice League Superman stays behind for the specific purpose of making absolutely sure that Darkseid dies along with Brainiac, and he basically succeeds.

The end of Superman TAS is a good Darkseid moment but before that there's some episodes where he's got that issue of just being the recurring baddie with some scheme the heroes stop while he grumbles and punishes an underling, in the Supergirl two-parter he's trying to drop a comet on Earth and after he's foiled gets mad and has Granny Goodness tortured because of it. I think Darkseid probably gets it worse in the DC Animated movies than the original DCAU, he just shows up too much to try and up the threat level for various movies, and it feels kind of lazy. Reign of the Supermen was bad for this since they use him to replace the role Mongul originally played in the comics alongside Hank Henshaw.

I feel he worked fine in Superman cause it was not him doing the confrontations, but his minions.

In Twilight after the fight with Superman he calls Superman a loser for not being able to finish him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

I need the operatic X-Men theme on all streaming services pronto.

Also there was a hint of homosexual tension between Xavier and Magneto. I kept expecting them to kiss the entire time.

There were, however, ZERO hints between Wolverine and Morph. Like it was right there in front of your face. haha Love it.

MAGNETO LIVES.

There were hints that Morph liked Logan, sadly I don't think Logan likes Morph as anything more than a friend.