Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TheHan posted:

No wonder nobody liked Peter, kid was obnoxious.

Are the Sam Raimi movies where Peter getting the Spider from Oscorp started? It seems so prevalent that I wouldn't be surprised if it's retconned into the comics a few years down the line.

It's from Ultimate Spider-Man isn't it?

Also, that Peter looks like Harry Potter, which I guess fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Young Justice and live action Teen Titans. Plus they said it'll include more than just video content, so maybe (hopefully) a Marvel Unlimited style comic book library?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I think this is from Batman/Harley
https://twitter.com/BethElderkin/status/898219604639698945

What the gently caress happened to you, Bruce Timm?

I saw a clip of this scene on YouTube. She's in the process of seducing Dick, who she has tied up against his will on her bed. It's all very :stonk:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

No, Superman Adventures or whatever that show is called came out before New Adventures. Despite abandoning the concept of making Metropolis anachronistic and cool-looking, the early episodes of Superman still looked an awful lot like BTAS, but the show got that shinier, pointier look as it went on, which New Adventures matched, along with modernizing Gotham and ruining all the character designs.

Making Metropolis a gleaming city of tomorrow is a good design choice that fits with Superman's character. Just like making Gotham a permanently dark Art Deco city fit with Batman.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

DC and Marvel also kind of have their hands tied because it is evident that crossovers = more money, so they feel compelled to push writing in a way that leaves the door open to crossovers, which is not going to really allow you much room for thoughtful, serialized work. I wish both companies would consider doing more stuff along the lines of Injustice, where you have a long series featuring its own continuity that is completely self contained. I guess Spider-Gwen is kind of like that too right? I mean in that it is self contained. I assume it isn't one massive on going story though.

Squirrel Girl and Gwenpool, while both technically existing within the 616 continuity, have largely been unaffected by the shenanigans going on around them.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Justin Halpern's the "poo poo My Dad Says" guy isn't he?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I thought her Assault on Arkham outfit was pretty good.

One of the few Harley outfits I like.

The gently caress is going on with those pants?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Strongly approve of Chloe Bennett getting to be Quake in a different setting, and Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl for that matter.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to develop a Lunella centered cartoon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I still agree with the point the original strip was making about how hosed up those "rescue five and only five peons" quests are in MMOs, but holy Hannah, doubling, and tripling, down is not how you take criticism dudes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

purple death ray posted:

Wil Wheaton had to deal with all that stuff too, people yelling at him to shut up, people wishing he'd die (on the show and also irl) and it hosed him up for a while.

That's true, Wheaton really was patient zero for social media fan hatred, with alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die and all that want he? What a dubious distinction.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh yeah, Marvel Rising is up on youtube. It's apparently a prequel tv-length feature cut up into six shorts on youtube. Mostly explaining Spider-Gwen's whole deal. Which is kinda fun because how Kevin died is a bit different than in the comics.

I liked how Kevin was Iceman with the numbers filed off. All Gwen needed was a fire buddy and she would've had her own Amazing Friends.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Let's be real, the kids are going to watch it on the App whenever they drat well please, and won't even know it's on basic cable.

I liked Vayntrub's line read of eat nuts, kick butts.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

site posted:

any word on if we're getting more?

Yes, two more specials, one with Gwen and the other with Ironheart.

quote:

DOREEN WOULD NEVER BE RACIST OR DOUBT THAT THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING DEEPER TO THE WOULD BE VILLAIN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
That was some high order bullshit.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

site posted:

okay that marvel rising episode was indeed pretty bleh. too bad theyre so intent on running that initiative into the ground so soon

I did like Dove Cameron's Gwen, but the writing was fairly kiddie.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I may or may not have yelped with joy when Nancy showed up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

site posted:

what the fuuuuuuuuck why havent i heard about this before?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ntd_1o9i_U

Kamala's fan fictions are leaking out into the real world.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The TAS theme is great, but the Williams theme comes from maybe the best movie composer of all time smack dab in the middle of maybe the best run of film scores of all time (it's seriously crazy what Williams did between like 1975 and 1984). It's, imo, the perfect piece of superhero music.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

But Wings came after McCartney's big successes, my point is that Superman is during Williams's peak. The year before Superman you have Star Wars and Close Encounters. Two years after that is Empire, then the first Indy movie, then ET. It's a historic run of great movie music that starts with Jaws. Even if I think the themes for Leia, Lois and Marion all kind of run together.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I kinda can't believe Scott Pilgrim Takes Off stole its plot from He-Man: Revelations of all things.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The funny thing is, his Red Skull impression in Endgame was spot on, but I agree that Xavier was shaky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd like more Summers Family Adventures.

I wouldn't say no to some sort of mashup of Scott & Jean go to the future to raise Nate and the Kid Cable series