Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lurdiak posted:

That was a very good one.

Still though, Big Time was terrible, and there was that episode with the Ma Baker pastiche, and Curare had nothing going on with her at all other than she kills people and looks like a racist stereotype.

In the comics, IIRC her brother turned out to be the Green Lantern from the Justice League episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

aba posted:

Not sure if it belongs here but you can set Waze navigation voice to the Batman dubbed by Kevin Conroy and it will last till the 31st October. I've just used it for one trip and yes it's great.

I know Kevin Conroy has aged gracefully but I was hoping to get lighter, chill Bruce as well as the chronic Bat-voice version.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lurdiak posted:

Human rights only apply to humans. :colbert:

i guess that superhumans get super rights!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

FilthyImp posted:

:bahgawd: "now these fuckin cape-backs comin in from Planet gently caress or Dimension poo poo, fuckin up our schools and jobs. It ain't natural!"

Have you seen Code 8? This is basically the premise.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Waller's plan was beyond dumb

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Call me a heathen but The Batman S1 Batmobile is my all-time favorite.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Rhyno posted:

The MoS theme is better than the Williams theme.

Are you talking about Flight? Because Flight owns.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I wasn't a fan of TZP' style or color palette. It just felt too incongruous to Batman Beyond.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ImpAtom posted:

I really appreciate how Harley Quinn was willing to do the Kite Man plot without having Kite Man be bad/in the wrong/jealous and just getting the confidence to say he deserves better and leave a toxic relationship.

Kite Man. Hell yeah.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

TwoPair posted:

Is that really the reason? Christ, some people....

I thought it was because Conroy was having medical issues with his throat.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lurdiak posted:

But unlike Bruce, he's Terry first. :unsmith:

My favorite example of this is from the movie where he switches to his Terry voice while ragging on the Joker.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I guess I have the Awful app autoloading images and... wow.

(not blaming you at all, The United States)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I liked Gotham Knight a lot. Even the story with bishonen Bruce was fun to watch. Makes me want DC to put out more anthology type stuff for the greater universe without strictly sticking to one style.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Nanigans posted:

New Batman cartoon picked up straight to series for HBO Max and Cartoon Network headed up by Bruce Timm, Matt Reeves and...:sigh: J.J. Abrams.

While the Abrams...and even the Timm association unfortunately have me weary, the Golden Age design and this quote have me excited:

"We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back, to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City. The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world.”

Give me a Cassandra Cain show you cowards

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Nanigans posted:

I mean, looking at past Batman cartoons since BTAS, discounting DCAU, there was The Batman which definitely was lighter in tone, Brave and the Bold - yuh, and Beware the Batman which I can't comment on, but did lean into "dark" as far as I can tell. Then there were all of the old 70s/80s Batman cartoons which were definitely lighter in tone. I'd say Batman has had more lighthearted shows than not.

Beware the Batman did pair Bruce with Katana who you didn't really see anywhere (I believe this was before SS) and had Agent 47 Alfred.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

MorningMoon posted:

I found a clip this morning and became obsessed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UiFpMk0T3g

Wasn't sure if it was 1 episode or a 4-part special. 80 whole minute feature film. :allears: the peak evolution of the teacher bringing a tv in the rolling table thing because they're tired

Also the gist of it is that the monstars showed up, Cyborg finds out that the rest of hte titans haven't seen Space Jam, and then makes them all watch Space Jam.

This is the best. Has any cartoon done meta as well as TTG? ATLA has the awesome Ember Island Players episode.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Came across this YouTube video with a bunch of songs from TTG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEqMyJaYUns

"Catchin' Villains" and "Take it Down Low" are straight fire along with "Leprechaun Life". Actually, just watch the whole thing.

Also not in the video, but "Mummy Money" is gold as well.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hoping some of the other spiders will have guest spots.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lobok posted:

That's terrible.

To be honest when I was reading through the posts I was assuming it was something like she turned out to be a huge bigot.

IIRC she saved her son's life.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

if there's anyrhing a kid wants to do, it's beat up the adults around him

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

MonsterEnvy posted:

Heh. A fun little thing from Josh Keaton for those who remember Spectacular Spider-Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdxCmYla9Yk

haha, that's awesome.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lobok posted:

The most recent Spider-Man cartoon is weird that way because Miles and Gwen and Anya all get spider powers as well fairly early on and they all go to the same kid genius school and there's not a compelling reason given why Peter is all that special or different other than being first.

No love for my girl Cindy, huh.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dawgstar posted:

Silk was in a cartoon?

Nah, I'm saying that she didn't get to be in it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, I dunno about the magic group compared to the ninja group. Zatanna and Mary are the only well-known characters, and I don't care for Klarion. This episode was a little on the gory side, too.

clearly the solution is magic ninjas

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

NikkolasKing posted:

Ya know, I never really thought about it until all my Batman discussions in the last week, but I think the reason I have always loved Batman Beyond and even preferred it to BLTAS is that it's a "Bat Family" story by its very nature. And that's also why Under the Red Hood is my favorite Batman film. I pointed out to ImpAtom that I preferred BB to Dark Knight Rises because in Rises Batman just saves himself. In the DCAU, Batman would have died alone and miserable if not for Terry. Jason is also heading to an ugly and bitter end without Bruce.

I guess I just prefer stories that aren't centered entirely on Bruce. Alone, he is nothing; a sad wreck of a human being. The only hope any of them have is with each other.

If you don't need any actual crime fighting, Batman: Wayne Family Adventures may be right up your (Crime) Alley

Edit: it is a comic on Webtoon, to be clear

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

NikkolasKing posted:

That does sound really awesome, thanks for the suggestion.

Just thought I'd link my favorite issue of WFA here.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/batman-wayne-family-adventures/ep-7-vigilante-bingo/viewer?title_no=3180&episode_no=7

It works in its own kinda canon where all the Bat-kids live/work out of the Manor, including Duke as the "new guy"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess something big would have happened in the proposed Season 5.

The little montage at the end strongly hinted that Jean goes full Phoenix in the future

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

drrockso20 posted:

So apparently Green Lantern TAS is now part of the Young Justice universe

That's cool.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Vandar posted:

I'll bite. How does Young Justice tie itself to Green Lantern TAS?

During the episode, we learn that Razer (now a Blue Lantern per the end of GL TAS) has been doing some questing to find Aya to little to no success. In YJ, he shows up on New Genesis, where the A plot of the week is going on in order to reclaim the red ring he gave to Metron for safekeeping. Surprise, Metron was a dick and was leading Razer on a wild goose chase in order to have time to study the red ring. In exchange for the red ring, he wants the blue ring, so to study as well. Razer puts on the red ring and goes rage mode, but the blue ring comes to him of its own will. He puts on both a la Guy, explosions happen, Razer flies off into space as Razerman Red/Blue to resume his search.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am assuming after New Genesis we will get a Dick focused arc.

all Dick, all the time

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

NikkolasKing posted:

have you seen the Under the Red Hood movie? I firmly believe it and Return of the Joker are the two best Batman movies, period.

The last fight in ROTJ is so good. The first sequence is also stunning.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Napoleon Nelson posted:

There was at least one episode where he had to go back to Japan to see his old teacher and defeat his rival who had turned evil and learned the magic death touch.

Night of the Ninja and Day of the Samurai, IIRC

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I really like Babel, the Shriek-centered episode where he gets the city to turn its opinion on Batman and all of Terry's allies (even Bruce) tells him to just not go to the final showdown and Terry just is like Batman wouldn't do that. In the end, he saves the day, and a firefighter tries to help him up and Terry is like nope

edit: realizing my favorite episodes deal with Terry questioning his abilities as Batman I also recommend "Lost Soul" and maybe "Mind Games"

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 7, 2022

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Yeah, I'm not piecing how it could be MCU. Was he a sophomore in Homecoming? That movie made it seem like Vulture was his first big bad guy.

Anyway, I think the designs are rad.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

That intro is ten seconds and a male J-rock vocal away from being an anime OP.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

This is separate from the Justice League isekai, correct?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

MorningMoon posted:

I don't think it's Studio MIR? Credits only say Warner Brothers Animation, and Studio MIR itself doesn't mention it on their portfolio (most recent thing on their sites is star wars vision season 2) or on their twitter.

Show's great, tho. I like this really clear vision of Superman trying to learn who he is in an abstract, and also literal with the alien stuff, level.

I feel like this will shape Deathstroke as profoundly as the Teen Titans cartoon did

If it isn't studio Mir, they've got their style to a T

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I loved the first Batmobile design for that show. They had a whole episode where it got destroyed and Batman needed to build a one that had the iconic profile. :sigh:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Larryb posted:

Robin never appears out of uniform in the TT cartoon and I don’t think is ever referred to by his civilian name (hell, if I remember right they don’t even mention Batman for that matter)

They never say Dick but *snicker* they definitely imply it's him by using his origin, and his 5th dimension counterpart calls himself Nosyarg Kcid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Larryb posted:

I forget, why couldn’t they directly reference Batman in that show again?

Also while TT was kind of all over the place tonally I will give them credit for giving us a much better version of Starfire and Deathstroke than what we had at the time (they even ditched the latter’s stupid codename and had him go by his much more imposing first name “Slade”)

It could have been because The Batman was on around that time, I think?