Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Skwirl posted:

I get it's popular to poo poo on Azzarello because of The Killing Joke (and based on everything I've heard, he deserves it), but I thought his Wonder Woman was pretty drat good, and I remember it being highly praised while it was coming out.

It had a lot of problems, but it was the most consistent Wonder Woman book in a long time. Kind of a bummer they went with vanilla LORD OF THE UNDEAD Hades and not a Hades who was more content to just kind of bum around the house and garden sometimes if not for the unhinged antics of his bloodthirsty wife, but what can you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Somewhere between entertaining schlock and unwitting masterpiece seems about right.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Livewire and Mercy from Superman TAS. Chloe from Smallville. Batman Beyond. Bebop and Rocksteady. The list is pretty long, but there aren't many as big as X-23 or Harley.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I knew I'd seen that gangly knees and elbows run somewhere recently!

Dean as Peter and Hank/Dermott as Venom is actually pretty perfect.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Calaveron posted:

I understand that Darkseid is voiced by Weird "Al" Yankovic so just from that it sounds incredible

I know it's a typo, but I love the subtle implication that you are not convinced of this Weird Yankovic fellow's capacity for being an "Al" or not.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If the fanny pack's emotions could mirror Peter's emotions like Wade's intertube that would be great, thanks.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
There must have been one hell of a twist coming for Transtech to explain them all turning into cars and planes again. Beast Machines ended with Cybertron being reformatted to be completely technorganic like the Maximals were. They even had a sentient plant lady on the team who transformed into a slightly different sentient plant lady.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ugh.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The fun thing about TMNT is that it can work for any age. Violent “adult” poo poo, cutesy toddler poo poo, whatever.

April waffles back and forth between African American and a white girl with a crazy perm in the Mirage comics. That’s a non-issue.

Taking design cues from the absolute worst angular garbage TV has to offer, the off-putting mystic Ninja Tribunal season nobody saw, and the awful internet-soaked Back to the Sewers season that finally put a bullet in the head of the 2003 cartoon? That’s an issue.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
She was partially modeled (and named?) after a woman Eastman was dating at the time, who I believe was... mixed, at least? I've read her original ethnicity is one of the many points of contention between Eastman and Laird, who insists she was always meant to be of Irish descent, hence the surname O'Neil.

Personally, who cares. It's like people getting up in arms over "MJ" in Homecoming.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Red Sky episodes are, like the Christmas special, not meant for human consumption.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Lurdiak posted:

Raphael and Donatello.

Angry nerds voicing their opinions?! On the internet?!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

hiddenriverninja posted:

The only thing I am not hype for in that trailer is Peter's voice.

He sounds a little... bored? I’m hoping it’s a choice, like he’s just tired from extended dimension-hopping, because Nick Miller-but-from-New York is inspired.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Exactly! Making Terry Bruce's genetic offspring is kinda dumb and weird but also comics? It just underlines how much difference a relatively stable home life and basic socialization can make in comparison to a laser focused life of training and preparation monitored only by your butler. Even if your butler is Alfred.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
gently caress you.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"That was a fun comic. Let's hire the same half dozen people we always do to suck all the life out of it like they always do."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ToastyPotato posted:

Hell became HFIL, the Home For Infinite Losers, and they photoshopped the letters in every scene they were in.

I always thought that was actually an improvement.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"It really feels like I'm the one killing Jason Todd!" ~ a reviewer who has never Google'd Jason Todd

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Jason Todd '66

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Still played by Burt Ward, but he smokes now.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Turns out the HBO Aquaman cartoon isn't for me, but kudos to DC for throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

OnimaruXLR posted:

Show gave me very intense "AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW!" energy, which isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself, but it felt like it's fusion of hi-school hijinx and superheroics was more poorly executed than say, Static Shock, or any of the actual comic books about super teens that I was reading at the time.

The Prom episode was the best one!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It totally whelms.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Nodosaur posted:

literally who talks about shock jocks in 2023

People won't shut up about Joe Rogan.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

SlothfulCobra posted:

the remote control car hobbyist bomber

In all fairness, the villain was not exactly the draw of that episode.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

catlord posted:

First season is heavy on the "hey kids, we have a toy-line!" elements though.

That aspect always seemed ahead of its time. Some of the toys were supposed to have special features that activated when the Batwave went off in the show, which is some real Small Soldiers poo poo, but it was a decade after all of the Star Wars CommTech chips so maybe it would have worked?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I appreciate YJ for using characters like Halo and Geo-Force and Forager even if I don't appreciate what it actually does with them.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I finally realized who Magneto reminds me of.

He's Mok.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Not out of the realm of possibility that there's a universe where Liquid Television supplanted/preempted Toonami with The Maxx and Aeon Flux and Daria and Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"I thought you lived at a school."

"Wait-- We do what now?"