Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also some character designs, for sure more Golden Age designs.

This single-handedly got me interested in the show. If that is indicative of what we're seeing I'm so in. That Clayface is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We've got an infinite number of Batman comics/shows/movies with your standard designs. These makes this show interesting which is something Batman hasn't been for me in a while.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The original suit had blue shading and the inside of the cape was blue. I think the whole thing went to blue in the '50s when DC books got more wacky. The Adam West cowl and cap is blue, but a darker blue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not gonna lie, that was pretty nice.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was talking before about how Rogue especially sounded so much older now, which obviously is to be expected, but I watched an interview with some of the voice actors on IGN and and her voice sounds so much younger when not doing the Rogue accent. I'm guessing the accent just really puts a lot of pressure on her vocals.

It was a fun interview, here it is if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2erQq605j8

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Air Skwirl posted:

The Maxx was kinda big at the time.

The Maxx was eight years before that.

It was also supposed to be an adaptation of Ultimate Spider-Man at first.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TwoPair posted:

2 is a coincidence, 3 is a pattern...

Three definite Petes in the 616 and another in the 1610 so yeah it's a pattern.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Air Skwirl posted:

Can't believe I forgot about Pete Wisdom. That run of Excalibur is pretty good as long as you believe Warren Ellis when he says he didn't know how young Kitty was supposed to be at the time.

He had her age noted somewhere in a document but unfortunately the hard drive crashed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I can't believe how perfect of a pull that Ace of Base song was for that episode. Perfect for the time period. Perfect lyrically for the event in the episode. Hell it even mentions time travel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd never heard that song before and thought it was an original song for the show but was like "that kinda sounds like Ace of Base" and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it was them at the end credits. It's a great song that fits so much about the show and that moment perfectly.

I'm gonna guess the scene was written with that song in mind because it seems highly unlikely someone would pull something so lyrically on the nose like that. Like I said it even mentions time travel right as Maddie gets the vision before Cable shows up. Like I'm not sure you could have written an original song more perfect for that scene.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean Cable was already trying to fix it and said "Not again!" like he'd done it before and failed. I fully expect it to be lessened so some of the dying characters don't die, but probably not completely halted. We'll see. Doesn't change the impact the episode had in the moment which is what really matters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ALERT ALERT WE HAVE A VULCAN SIGHTING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I want an entire episode of untangling the Summers/Grey family tree with deep dives in Havok, Corsair, Vulcan and Cable. And then at the very end the bell rings at the mansion and it's Rachel followed by a cut to black.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

The funny thing is, his Red Skull impression in Endgame was spot on, but I agree that Xavier was shaky.

Ross Marquand is a fantastic impersonator. Like some of the best impersonations you'll ever see done in such a niche way. The problem is that he's trying a bit too hard with Xavier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFXTxQPV79w

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 18, 2024

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He was Steve Rogers in the What If episodes as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

I do have to wonder how much they're planning on expanding this because that was a lot of guest characters this episode.

Hopefully not much. This needs to be an X-Men show. Showing us other characters are in the universe is cool and all but let's not lose the plot here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Larryb posted:

And that’s all she wrote for X-Men 97 though I believe a second season has already been confirmed. Decent finale overall with a bunch of cameos (including something for the 90’s Spider-Man fans) and I look forward to seeing what’s next

A second season is already well into production and a third season has been confirmed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ThermoPhysical posted:

There were, however, ZERO hints between Wolverine and Morph. Like it was right there in front of your face. haha Love it.

There's been a ton of subtle moments since the very first episode. I thought it was very clear that there was something there. I agree with the above that it appears to be one sided for now though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

I think MonsterEnvy worded it poorly. I think they mean that Morph's crush on Logan was played unambiguously, not that there was no hints

Ah ok, that makes more sense. I thought it was very blatant from episode one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I AM GRANDO posted:

I know Cannonball has been been in the cartoon—did he ever talk about the unique qualities he holds when he’s blastin’?

Likewise I'd like an update on Psylocke's efforts to focus the totality of her powers.