Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teen Titans Go is a lot of fun. Also unlike every other cartoon they've ever put out they're somehow allowed to just do whatever when it comes to using characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

Batman's parents seem kind of poo poo themselves with respect to philanthropic use of their money. Batman at least represents a real investment and personal stake in the lives of the common people, dumb and counterproductive as it turns out to be.

What did his mom and dad ever do with their millions, sponsor some episodes of Fresh Air with Terry Gross? If you're going to bag on Batman for being a repressive extension of state power and a tool for the status quo, it seems like rich people who just drop some cash into charities and otherwise enjoy the pleasures of owning the means of production seem much worse as far as the neoliberal machine and the damage it causes.

Thomas Wayne would have been an early backer of the Clinton campaign, is what I'm saying.

Wasn't Thomas Wayne's big thing funding hospitals since he was a doctor?

Also the TV show Gotham is kind of digging into this stuff as Bruce learns that the company with his family name on it has been into a bunch of shady poo poo, usually because his family (and father in particular) weren't really paying attention to where their money was coming from.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know, wasn't the point of Peter's weird dimension traveling to find MJ and by the end of the show he hadn't?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't remember seeing much of TNBA but i remember seeing like, a thread on another forum discussing the evolution of Poison Ivy's designs. TAS Ivy was pretty much just a sexy redhead and nothing else in terms of design. TNBA made her look a bit more distinct IIRC.

The Batman had my favorite Ivy design because she actually looked like a plant lady.

The original B:TAS costumes looked like people in costumes. In TNBA they looked like cartoon characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure the homemade suit is from the new movie. You can see it in one of the later trailers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hup posted:

Him voicing a pig sounds adorable

He's going to be voicing the magic hallucinatory unicorn in Syfy's adaptation of Happy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chris Meloni is the main character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I wrote off GLTAS because the pilot looked like a bargain bin PS2 game but I've seen clips in my YouTube recommended feed and it looks like it turned into a pretty good show. I keep thinking I'll watch the whole thing one of these days but then end up putting it off. Is it streaming anywhere?

There was a really funny moment in the first episode where Hal meets up with a Lantern from "frontier space" (where they were) and Kilowog makes fun of Hal for wearing a mask to hide his identity in the depths of space.

The first season was Hal traveling from the edge of the galaxy after Hal and Kilowog commandeer an experimental Lantern spaceship and discovering that Red Lanterns exist and they're coming for revenge. When he finally gets back to Earth Hal learns that Guy Gardner has been activated as a Lantern and that he is much more popular and famous than Hal. The second half of the show was Hal versus the Manhunters who in turn were working for the Anti-Monitor. The show wraps up most of its story arcs and doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything like that so it isn't like other canceled cartoon shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Wasn't there a pitch for a live action Batman series about his college years when he learned all his Batman skills?

IIRC they were going to add a young Bruce Wayne to Smallville but dropped it at the last minute.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

There was a moment where Bruce Wayne thought the best way to help people was to be a doctor and he changed his mind?

Makes sense that he would think about following in his father's footsteps.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Looks like Gotham fell right into the same trap as Smallville where they greenlight the show and then realize "Wait everything interesting about this guy happens way after this period... gently caress it we'll do it all anyway and just keep him out of the suit" which is not the greatest way to run a show.

This season has him wearing a suit and fighting crime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

As a goddamned teenager?!

Bruce has been actively training for a while, including last season getting martial arts training from the League of Assassins when they tried to turn him into the Heir of the Demon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

On the other hand, Gotham did have the Penguin blow up Azrael with a rocket launcher. So that was neat.

Also they made the Penguin gay (and in love with the Riddler)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I know a reboot of Reboot (heh) was announced a while back but I think it totally fell apart in the last year

edit: okay nevermind, Wikipedia says it's still happening next year but it's gonna be some weird live-action hybrid so I guess Reboot + Digimon season 2 + lovely child actors.

Nah, they have claimed to be working on more Reboot for years and years and years and literally nothing ever comes of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

Beast machines was where they killed like half the characters from Wars and went back to a dead Cybertron and morphed into like half animal half vehicle forms and optimus became some weird pacifist monk for a while right?

That show sucked

Something that bugged me about Beast Machines was how the designs didn't actually transform. They just kind of magically changed from beast to machine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teen Titans Go had a pretty great gag in this week's episode. They were sending up awards shows and they did a bit about the "In Memorium" section and all the things they showed during it were canceled DC cartoons using actual clips from the shows. Including the original Teen Titans cartoon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was S4ep38 "The Academy"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who doesn't care about TMNT I think those turtle designs look awful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know how anyone could think that Donatello looks good at all. He's just kind of flying through the air sitting crosslegged while April steers/rides on his back?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nolan North gave an interview a couple of years after Uncharted and said that he wanted to do more varied stuff but more often than not he would just get told to "do the Nathan Drake voice" on projects.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Donald Glover was supposed to be working on an animated Deadpool show for FX but according to reports it's not going to happen. Apparently they didn't get much done before "creative differences" got in the way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Honestly that's probably what should happen to anyone who gets punched by Doomsday.

As someone who wasn't reading DC comics regularly at the time this was really confusing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TTG is good because it is basically kid friendly It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's going to be on the DC streaming service which, as far as I know, doesn't have a start date yet. It will have the new season of Young Justice and a live action Teen Titans show with future plans being shows for Harley Quinn and Swamp Thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new YJ looks exactly like the old YJ, which seems like it isn't enough for a revival of a dead series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that bugs me about bringing back the older style Teen Titans series is that it doesn't look like they're updating the look at all and man, those character designs haven't really aged well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Is it an actual revival, though, like Young Justice or Clone Wars or is it just a crossover with TTG? Because the designs looking dated would actually be a bonus for the latter as it's an opening for jokes.

They've already done a joke with using old footage and talking about the old version of the show so this has to be something different.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to FX CEO John Landgraf they weren't responsible for killing FX's animated Donglover Deadpool show. He claims that Marvel wasn't interested in whatever they turned in and didn't want to move forward on it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

What, you have a problem with Amanda Waller cloning Bruce Wayne, impregnating a woman against her will and then trying to murder this weird clone babies entire family?

She doesn't impregnate Terry's mom, she just alters Terry's dad's ball DNA and lets nature take its course.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New season of Young Justice hits January 4th.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kite Man! Hell yeah

Also they've announced Young Justice was renewed for another season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nanigans posted:

Won’t all the DCU stuff be on HBO Max soon anyway?

AFAIK that's only Doom Patrol.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

There was also an Iron Man anime during that period

Please, Iron Manime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Despite having pretty much every other animated series DCU doesn't have TTG (it does have the original Teen Titans cartoon.)

Also DCU has the CG Green Lantern series which was definitely better than it could have been.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The next DC animated thing will be an anthology collection with a mix of shorts that have already come out anchored with a new interactive adaptation of Death in the Family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DpmjfHzRFg
They're bringing back the original Under the Red Hood cast of Bruce Greenwood as Batman, Vincent Martella as Robin and John DiMaggio as Joker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's also when they changed how Bruce looked. Originally it was all casual suits and mussed hair where looking at him you'd never think this guy was Batman. Redesign Bruce is like first choice if you were trying to figure out who Batman was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Which reminds me of some of the loonier examples of super tech that could be widespread on Earth but aren't because reasons. Once in Judd Winick's Outsiders Nightwing says they have technology that can pull a specific set of fingerprints off of a glass counter in a mall several days after they were left there. This was while they were teaming with John Walsh who is impressed but does not immediately ask why every law enforcement agency on the planet doesn't have this. It's also never mentioned again.

Kind of like in the post Annihilation Guardians series they recruit an Earth hero who was paralyzed and fix his spine and nobody says "Hey, maybe we should bring this stuff back to Earth?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I watched Batman Ninja tonight and man, that movie was just nonsense. Like, okay, they have an explanation as to why a bunch of random villains all of a sudden built robot castles but the stuff with the monkeys and bats turning into a giant Batman was a whole nother level of stupid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So is there a breakdown of how the stories were different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argue posted:

Sounds like all of the Spider-man cartoons were just playing the long game and setting up a Spider-verse miniseries to resolve all of these at once.

The 90s Spider-Man cartoon ended with a Spider-Verse story where Peter met a bunch of alternate versions of himself. At one point Peter makes a stop in a world where Spider-Man is just a comic book character and he meets Stan Lee.

Edit: Although this being 90s Spider-Man it sounds more impressive than it actually was.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 29, 2020