Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

So I was lucky enough to live near a theater that has The Killing Joke and I went to see it.

I had been completely out of the loop comic wise for years and had no idea what I was walking into, started talking to people in line and, holy poo poo, who the gently caress thought that was a good idea.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

So am I crazy that I walked away feeling that Batman was a creepy sex offender in that first half hour?

The movie characterizes Barbara as a love-stricken tween who is obsessed with the cool English teacher at her middle school, it also apes the DCAU style pretty hard, which sucked for a lot of reasons but also had the side effect that Barbara looked a lot like she did in BTAS and still read to me as a teenager. Maybe I'm overreacting but if you absolutely have to write a story where these two characters gently caress maybe you should take pains to distance your heroine from her teenage years as a side-kick to the hero she's gonna bone.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 26, 2016