Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

site posted:

Lol at rogue and magneto's 6hr gently caress sesion in the holodeck

It took me like a day to realise it might just be Maddie loving with him. Or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

If this show sticks around to get into Hope Summers stuff, it's going to be interesting to see how the new Bishop/Cable dynamic works out

Although looking back it's weird how being raised by a highly religious sisterhood somehow turned Nathan into a slightly less murderous, considerably more blinged out Punisher

Then again Frank is Catholic, so

Don't know, I'd understand if they self-limited to working from stories made before the old series, but it does seem like they mean to do stuff with Emma given she's in the intro.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Talking of Jubilee stories:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxjYt6nlapQ

Seem's like a bit of a marketing fail not to put this out a day early and pretend there's a new game based on the old arcade game like Shredder's Revenge. And then to actually put that game out ideally by the team that did Shredder's Revenge.

Looks like Mojoworld stuff?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Loving how Maddie's getting a fair shake in this series. She had the understandable initial meltdown but is moving on as best she can.

It does feel like the series seems to be setting up/do the old 'team breaks up/falls apart' thing, a good X staple. Jean resenting giving up the cosmos for Scott and the X-Men, Storm losing her powers and going walkabout, Rogue and Mags looking towards community leadership roles, Bishop going back to the future with Nate, Gambit doing his thang this ep...

While you'd normally expect the line up to largely remain the same in shows like this, the possibility of bringing in some All New, All Different X-Men doesn't seem so outlandish all of a sudden.

I'm thinking at least a flash-forward to the cast in Morrison era New X-men outfits.

I'll tell you how good the ep was: Last one was (half) a Storm episode ending on a cliffhanger, and I didn't even notice they didn't pick up the thread this week.

Edit: And how established are the early days of the X-men in the TAS continuity? They've been showing the picture of the original Kirby'd up lineup of Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby and Warren, was it previously established Hank turned blue due to a failed experiment in this one? Just that things could be heading toward secondary mutations and lion Beast, which for him could be another naturally occuring change here

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 10, 2024

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

I get the feeling the show is trying to pull back from Wolverine being quite the spotlight hog that he is in so much X-Media. And understandably so. But that does mean that what he IS given to do is mostly ancillary to Jean and Scott, which people have had thirty years to get sick of.

Maybe we're heading into the period of about 4 X-teams with Logan on all of them.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

He wore it for a while in the Claremont era when he seemed fully reformed, I think while he was leading the New Mutants.

Including "The Trial of Magneto" which the second episode pulled from.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

Has comic book Magneto ever worn a costume like the one in '97? I assume so, it just looks so different from any version I have seen from comics or adaptations. But I really dig it.

Also I really dig the new opening each episode. EP5 accordingly had an amazing OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXldMBoT-54

Has Hank ever really been addressed as The (definite article) Beast? I'm not sure he's had a solo series and that title banner has existed since at least the original show but it's just something I noticed and seemed odd. None of the other OG X-Men are a "The" so it seems weird that every guy added.

Oh, and did Jean ever go by Marvel Girl in the old series? It always seemed like she never had a codename, although we've had acknowledgement of her being in the first five and wearing both the original outfit and the green number with yellow mask.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 12, 2024

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Lobok posted:

drat, getting hit square in the nostalgia right now.

I don't love Xavier's voice and I think part of it is that he's trying to be the original actor. The original voice is hard to replicate, they should just have the new guy do his own thing.

Or a Paddy Stu voice.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Apparently it's Josh Keaton, of all people, and no, he's more known as Spider-Man than Cap.

Haha, I was just thinking they might bring in 90s Spiderman TAS JJJ for his stuff with Bastion and them maybe asking Keaton to be Spidey if they can't get CD Barnes since he always sends to be up to play a spider guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

Sadly Ed Asner passed away in 2021

You know what that means: someone get JK Simmons on speed dial

Ah that was it, yeah I could totally see that happening since JK is active in the MCU and a prolific voice actor himself. If he were standing in for (with the best will in the world) one of Haim Saban's stable of non-union VAs it might seem a bit jarring but for someone of Asner's stature that's not an issue.