Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Azzarello did this:

...so I'm not really shocked that he can't write women very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ZDar Fan posted:

...did that woman just get a vagina?

It's from Azzarello's N52 Wonder Woman #9. Hades, depicted as a no-one-understands-me-so-the-world-must-burn manchild, shoots Diana in the heart with Eros' twin Desert Eagles filled with love bullets (I poo poo you not), forcing Diana to marry him out of compulsion. While she's being prepared by demonic handmaidens, one of them implies he might gently caress the wound.

Ultimately, Diana head-fakes Hades by going along with it just long enough to let him know that the love bullets only work if the person firing them truly loves himself. So yeah, I'm kind of betting the first half everyone hates is more on Azzarello's shoulders.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I thought she got around the love bullet thing because they would kill someone who doesn't love who they're marrying and Wonder Woman loves everybody, including her enemies.

You're right. I forgot about that loophole, but I also distinctly remember something being said about the shooter needing to love himself, and Hades is a creature of self-loathing determined to inflict his pain on others.

Still, the overarching point remains - Azzarello is a lovely writer. I was actually genuinely intrigued about the possibilities in Barbara/Batgirl realizing (because she's one of the most intelligent people in the DC universe) that she was cultivating her own Joker, but it was just handled so horribly. The inner narrative of "in a week it wouldn't matter anyway" almost felt like a scriptwriter's crutch in a "if you could just forget the last thirty minutes that'd be ~fantastic~" way.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 27, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BioTech posted:

I could've sworn there was an episode about this in TAS. Also think Batman: Ego has his inner demons bring up something very similar.

I think you're thinking of the episode where The Mad Hatter puts him in his Dream Machine thing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

If you look up fictitious-yet-canon maps, Gotham is located in New Jersey. And Metropolis is in *Delaware*, supposedly.

http://www.karridian.net/dcusa_ne.html

Still, in the most recent movies - when a family gifts a city with a mass transit system, that's not sexy, but it alone probably saved way more jobs than anything.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 30, 2016