Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Azubah posted:

Gambit related, I always liked the introduction that he has minor telekinetic abilities and that's one reason why his cards are so accurate.

I'm the opposite. I like when characters are just good at stuff. Gambit doesn't need a power for throwing cards, Cyclops doesn't need a power for knowing angles to bank his beams, Spider-Man doesn't need inherited spider knowledge to invent web fluid, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NikkolasKing posted:

It's almost a shame the finale is monopolizing everyone's attention. And for those who aren't captivated by all the questions and emotions there, they're focused on kisses and romantic angst.

Amidst all this, Scott's best moment yet has been overshadowed.

I wonder if this is gonna go anywhere, especially combined with the rest of the episode? It's probably just a moment of vulnerability, of being a person. Either way, it was quite great.

I only know X-Men comics via osmosis around these parts and elsewhere on the internet but is it setting up his more militant era? This latest episode has definitely given him reason to be way less of an Xavier boyscout and go more aggressive.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NikkolasKing posted:

Did you see TAS? It goes into some of it.

This dude rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAS17Vo0SlI

Gladiator has a bad-rear end fight with Eric Masterson Thor during Galactic Storm. Read it as a kid, thought it was awesome, read it as an adult again, still holds up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I AM GRANDO posted:

Cedric Smith was an all-timer. I can still hear his voice on the CBC One ads for (I think) Phantom of the Opera.

drat, getting hit square in the nostalgia right now.

I don't love Xavier's voice and I think part of it is that he's trying to be the original actor. The original voice is hard to replicate, they should just have the new guy do his own thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The setting was weird for BTAS but it was a strength. It played fast & loose with when it was supposed to be set so they could be flexible with feeling like later decades or going all Edward G. Robinson firing Tommy guns on Studebaker running boards.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also is there any part of Juggernaut's magic that prevents someone from along with the direction he's chosen? Like he yells out Nothing Stops the Juggernaut for the millionth time charging down a highway and then feels arms lifting him up by the pits and oh, it's Captain Marvel from behind flying him up to space to leave him there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Open Marriage Night posted:

There's a Spider-Man set like that that is all Mark Bagley art. Was always one of my favorites.

Never had the set but I do have a couple choice cards from it that I've kept for this whole time. Other Spidey art can be as good, but not better imo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Diabetic posted:

X-Men 97 feels like a lightning in a bottle moment. The people making this KNOW the most popular X-Men are Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler, yet they use them sparingly unlike most various X-Men properties lean hard into using these guys. When Wolverine actually says something or does something you know it's gold, Rogue's lines are incredible even though you can tell she's aged and Nightcrawler is still cool as poo poo.

I can't tell if you wrote this before or after seeing the latest episode because Wolverine and Nightcrawler are dope as hell in this one!

I find this show hard to believe, it's ridiculously great every single time. Like I'd have to just list every sequence if I wanted to rhyme off the good parts from today's episode. I even got a surprise Spider-Man crossover cameo!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If they brought back Barnes to voice I'm going to lose it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ah ok, not really surprised. Getting CDB back would have been a real shoOOCKKEERRRRR!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, reminder that MAWS returns this Saturday for Season 2. Have some episode titles:

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/my-adventures-with-superman-season-2-episode-titles/

X-Men has left a huge void each week but this should do nicely. Was really happy with the first season, too bad all of these animated shows are so short, though.