Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am starting to realize I don't really care for Cinematic Titanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am starting to realize I don't really care for Cinematic Titanic.

The live ones are better than the studio ones, and Alien Factor is the best of the live ones imo. If you've seen Rifftrax's Galaxy Invader, it's the same director.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I brought my Drake posted:

The live ones are better than the studio ones, and Alien Factor is the best of the live ones imo. If you've seen Rifftrax's Galaxy Invader, it's the same director.

Hmm, I might have to look up more of the live ones. The one I just saw, which I believe was their first episode, was just 100% of the stuff I don't like in new MST3K and Joel's MST3K. The riffs just sound too rehearsed because there's so many bits where one of them starts a line and someone else finishes it, and "hilarious" prop comedy, except now in shadow form.

Not surprisingly, the Film Crew episode they've got going right now (Killers from Space) is a lot better. And how would it not be with Mike, Bill and Kevin?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
CT just isn't written very well and having a bunch of people on screen yelling out jokes is bad. There's a reason Rifftrax and MST3k do 3 people for the most part.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose Oquendo posted:

CT just isn't written very well and having a bunch of people on screen yelling out jokes is bad. There's a reason Rifftrax and MST3k do 3 people for the most part.

That too.

It's Gorgo!

"Ya know, when this boat was launched it was promoted as 'pretty drat sinkable'"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

"Rock climbing, Frank."

"Pandering, Trace."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I like CT, but there times when it is obvious the joke being said wasn't written for them, but given as they have to equal time riffing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Poor nutrition made these childred middle aged.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Servos raw fury at Leonard maltin after The Undead is so pure

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Undead is another one where the actors were actually trying. It was filmed in an empty grocery store, I think.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I like The Undead

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

verbal enema posted:

I like The Undead

Isn't it RATS
Aren't we a CORPSE

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
It's one of Corman's better movies. The Devil is fun, Allison Hayes plays a great witch, Billy Barty just cackling the whole movie as the imp, and Mel Welles as Smolkin of course.

Get thy own friend!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

verbal enema posted:

I like The Undead

STAAAAAAYYY!

also,

" Behold my subtle machinations! "

But it sounds like The Undead was originally supposed to be fairly high concept until Roger Corman got his mitts on it. Shame!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wait, Roger Corman is still alive?!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol, Horror of Party Beach. The monsters attack Elaine at the lake. She hurriedly springs up. Camera cuts to a longer distance shot, she's casually just strolling up the hillside with awkwardly and obviously dubbed screaming sounds over it. Another shot, she's just calmly walking along, dragging her hand on the mouse willows as more dubbed screams can be heard.

You couldn't do another take?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Red Zone Cuba is on the Foreverathon, and I realize I have never seen Red Zone Cuba. I kind of thought I had and had it remembered as a colour spy movie, possibly getting it mixed with Code Name: Diamondhead.

Now that I am seeing this movie...

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS MOVIE?!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, didn’t Red Zone Cuba also have a rape scene they had to cut ala Sidehackers or am I remembering wrong?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wait, Roger Corman is still alive?!

Corman and Joe Dante are working on a new Little Shop of Horrors project.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Red Zone Cuba is interesting for how bleak it is, especially once they get back from Cuba.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Red Zone Cuba is on the Foreverathon, and I realize I have never seen Red Zone Cuba. I kind of thought I had and had it remembered as a colour spy movie, possibly getting it mixed with Code Name: Diamondhead.

Now that I am seeing this movie...

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS MOVIE?!

One of Coleman Francis' trio of films that he somehow got Anthony Cardoza to pay for. Just think: his bit parts in real movies like This Island Earth convinced him he could direct.

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, didn’t Red Zone Cuba also have a rape scene they had to cut ala Sidehackers or am I remembering wrong?

I think when they go to the cafe and drop the owner down the well, the part where they go after the daughter gets cut.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Larryb posted:

I think that was Beast of Yucca Flats.

Also: I'm Cherokee Jack!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

One of Coleman Francis' trio of films that he somehow got Anthony Cardoza to pay for. Just think: his bit parts in real movies like This Island Earth convinced him he could direct

:psyduck:

E:

I swear there's some special talent these Coleman Francis level poo poo directors have to make their black and white movies look almost monochrome. Like almost every frame is just 80% muddy dark grey blobs.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 15, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Coleman showed up in a movie The Mads did and he wasn't terrible but it was also clear that the movie was made at a much better time in his life because he just looked so much better than in RZC.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I think that was Beast of Yucca Flats.

Also: I'm Cherokee Jack!
There was a rape scene edited out of Red Zone Cuba, too, it's just starting when there's a theater break in the episode and Mike and the Bots come back after the gang has already left the diner.

Griffin headlocks the blind girl and pins her (fully clothed) to a bed, she struggles briefly, it cuts away to the other guys standing watch outside, then Griffin is raiding the cash register (which only has a single quarter in it), one of the other two yells that there's a car coming up the road, they pile into their car and take off, and there's a few shots of the girl (still in the same clothes) stumbling to, then sliding down the door frame of the bedroom with a look of shock, then that's basically where the theater break comes back in.

It's not great that it's in the movie, and Best Brains did fine in cutting it since the movie already has plenty to make you hate it that it doesn't need another tasteless scene, but it mostly looks like a bad wrestling move.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
whoa guys. step back and think. are we all gonna fit in here

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

STAAAAAAYYY!

also,

But it sounds like The Undead was originally supposed to be fairly high concept until Roger Corman got his mitts on it. Shame!

I like the movie, and everyone seems to be trying, but it does feel like Corman just… doesn’t… care… about the script. Major Doofus goes back into the past/regression to bring back our heroine, and then during the “debate” about what she should do he shouts STAY! Dude, the whole point of what you’re doing is to get her to go back!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I had forgotten that the parents in "Is this love" are bizarrely like 70.

E:

"He crashed, then shot himself"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 15, 2024

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"No one can explain why father is 85."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
These plucky Kiwanis stand to make...a bundle.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

STAAAAAAYYY!

also,

I have never known more about what isn’t going on in a movie.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So was sitting by myself and I said "SPIDER!" Ha ha, I crack me up.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Also the roommate in the "superior relationship" is clearly in her late 30s.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Hogama posted:

There was a rape scene edited out of Red Zone Cuba, too, it's just starting when there's a theater break in the episode and Mike and the Bots come back after the gang has already left the diner.

Griffin headlocks the blind girl and pins her (fully clothed) to a bed, she struggles briefly, it cuts away to the other guys standing watch outside, then Griffin is raiding the cash register (which only has a single quarter in it), one of the other two yells that there's a car coming up the road, they pile into their car and take off, and there's a few shots of the girl (still in the same clothes) stumbling to, then sliding down the door frame of the bedroom with a look of shock, then that's basically where the theater break comes back in.

It's not great that it's in the movie, and Best Brains did fine in cutting it since the movie already has plenty to make you hate it that it doesn't need another tasteless scene, but it mostly looks like a bad wrestling move.

She's wed to the devil.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

"No one can explain why father is 85."
HITLER'S DEATH CAR!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Native beaters are used to flush out the Curly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Narsham posted:

I like the movie, and everyone seems to be trying, but it does feel like Corman just… doesn’t… care… about the script. Major Doofus goes back into the past/regression to bring back our heroine, and then during the “debate” about what she should do he shouts STAY! Dude, the whole point of what you’re doing is to get her to go back!

By that point Doofus has gone a little nutty and half wants to see the future change because, eh, why the gently caress not.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Sleep with as many slaves I MEAN a stitch in time..."

E:

I'm an imp!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 16, 2024

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The thing that bugs me the most about The Undead is how everyone pronounces the name "Pendragon". I don't know or care whether that's supposed to be the "correct" way to say it; it's like fuckin' nails on a chalkboard to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STAY!