Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The shorts stream has a little problem where they need to change up the rotation a little because I keep coming back to the same shorts in the same order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

muscles like this! posted:

The shorts stream has a little problem where they need to change up the rotation a little because I keep coming back to the same shorts in the same order.

The space ghost 30th anniversary YouTube stream is stuck on like the same six episodes and it sucks!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'VE GOT GREAT SPERM!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Pretend I posted this yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHlL9gz9mc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjL8Zz6b62U

A rejected opening for Space Ghost Coast to Coast that was made by Joel.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hell yea but man that is so different than the regular intro on pretty much every possible level

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can appreciate the craft and work that went into it but man that just does not match the energy of SGC2C at all.

The original SGC2C intro is just iconic chaos. Even the later one that flies through the primitive CGI Ghost Planet offices is memorable and appropriate in its own way.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Merlin was a thieving crackhead who fenced VCRs to feed his habit.

E:

"And so Billy, at this point a kid had thrown a chicken while an infertile couple looked at a shop!"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 22, 2024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

At least the kitten went quick, Billy.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

hell yes

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can appreciate the craft and work that went into it but man that just does not match the energy of SGC2C at all.

The original SGC2C intro is just iconic chaos. Even the later one that flies through the primitive CGI Ghost Planet offices is memorable and appropriate in its own way.

Also given how Williams Street treated Andy Merrill and C. Martin Croker I'm glad Joel didn't get a chance to be screwed over by them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy poo poo. It's like Pee-Wee's Playhouse

With the SGC2C music overlaid on it (and maybe a Tansut voiceover) it might work just as well as the real one

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wasn’t Joel also a guest on that show at one point?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Wasn’t Joel also a guest on that show at one point?

Space Ghost kept referring to him as Joel Robinson. I remember seeing Adult Swim bumpers during the episode that went something like "We asked Joel of MST3K fame to compose an intro for SGC2C. But it sounded too much like MST3K so we didn't use it. Sorry, Joel."

Apparently they also interviewed Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy, but didn't end up using either interview for an episode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joel's interview isn't as fun as I might have hoped. Not every one of those landed, though, so I don't think it was just him.

Mike liked Space Ghost! It's one of the few things he's positive on in his Mike Nelson Megacheese movie book.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
George Lowe is big into collecting and creating southern folk art these days. I've got friends who are friends with him but I haven't run into him yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW0DNhRKMs&t=110s

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Empty Sandwich posted:

George Lowe is big into collecting and creating southern folk art these days. I've got friends who are friends with him but I haven't run into him yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW0DNhRKMs&t=110s

Saw him at a DragonCon panel 3 or 4 years back. Still funny, still friendly but now deaf as a post

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I met George Lowe at a con a few years back and he was incredibly funny. He just riffed on the thing I gave him to sign for like a solid ten minutes without stopping, it was fantastic to watch. Just kept signing and doodling and pumping out Space Ghost style nonsequiturs. I felt like I’d been interviewed on the show.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Merlin was a thieving crackhead who fenced VCRs to feed his habit.

E:

"And so Billy, at this point a kid had thrown a chicken while an infertile couple looked at a shop!"

"He puttered around the kitchen for a while and made himself a cold drink."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Never, under any circumstances, drive with your butt cheeks.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
GARGANTO COP

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
The paid assassin cruising through town!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My arms caught, be right there!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey, check it out! It's Sting, and David Lee Roth, and Peter Noone, and Sammy Hagar, and David Carradine and ... Santa?!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There is now also a MST3K Season 13 stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGW-eurZw0A

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Not sure if it’s been discussed here but Jonah stars in a fun movie on Shudder called Destroy All Neighbors. Full of prog music and goopy puppets. Would recommend to this thread.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I didn't hate accidents enough..

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

weekly font posted:

Not sure if it’s been discussed here but Jonah stars in a fun movie on Shudder called Destroy All Neighbors. Full of prog music and goopy puppets. Would recommend to this thread.

In.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puY9AthRUCQ

Holy poo poo I'm watching this tonight

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 24, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's definitely going on my May Horror Marathon list.

Also, I've got MST3K: The Movie going in the background, and the host segments were really good.

"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm the god! I'M THE GOD!

(Solo Clay is a touch weird.)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's definitely going on my May Horror Marathon list.

Also, I've got MST3K: The Movie going in the background, and the host segments were really good.

"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

"This doesn't seem right, can someone hand me my notes?"
*fwip*
"Thank you. Oh look at that, "breach the hull, we all die" I even underlined it!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I know they all hated working on the movie, but that one opening sketch is definitely one of the best ones on MST3K. Both of Crow's lines are quotable and it's also got Tom saying "I'm experiencing a sensation altogether new to me, and frankly, I love it!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Recreating the 2001 run with a hamster wheel is also really fun.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I know they all hated working on the movie,

How come?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I think it's Incredible Melting Man where they work out their frustrations about the making of the movie Hollywood filmmaking industry in general. It's the one where Earth vs Soup gets optioned.

https://youtu.be/DLkZrcbXQlA?si=o_1FQysDwztk5_U1

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Lots of studio interference plus the inherent mismatch of cow town puppet show and Hollywood.

It's a shame too because the final product, while not perfect, is actually really fun and a great riff.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

zoux posted:

How come?

The Movie being shorter than a TV episode, even with the ads cut out, should help clue you in. The studio also famously decided just a few weeks before the premiere date to cut them from a fairly limited release to a super-limited release - they framed it as a "roadshow event" kind of thing; if it was only playing on one screen in one theater in fewer markets, well, fans would make a pilgrimage to catch it - so they could spend more money advertising Barb Wire.

(Also the Movie was Jim Mallon's pet project, and he was so controlling about it that it contributed to Joel walking away from the show when he did.)

I remember as a kid reading a pre-release story about the movie's production in TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly while in-line at the grocery store that opened with a bit about the cast and crew all pitching in to toss foam rocks at the SoL model for a sequence where it would go through a meteor shower. When I finally saw the movie on VHS like 3 years later I kept waiting for that part to happen and...it didn't! Studio cut the whole thing!

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 25, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I had forgotten how good the host segments on Jack Frost are.

"Mike! Crow ate half of me and then buried me in the dirt!"
"Mmm, not bad!"
"Crow, what is wrong with you?"
"Well I told you, Mike. I'm a bear."

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the movie was my first exposure to mst3k, watching it while getting high at a friends house sometime in 2008. i was extremely peripherally aware of mst3k being a thing so i didn't really know what it was about and wasn't expecting much but i laughed my rear end off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I kind of think the movie being shorter than an episode is an asset to it. The movie is a really good intro to the show if you have no context for it, the This Island Earth itself isn't particularly bad, and it ends before you get bored.