Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah in the film Cabot says he'll always fight slavery which is... not something the author would've appreciated.

Is Outlaw a brilliant satire of the books like Verhoovens Starship Troopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Uncle Wemus posted:

It absolutely isn't.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Splint Chesthair posted:

Cabbit? Cabbit! Cabbit!!

Cabbit!

Cabbit? Cabbit!

Cabbit…

......Mr. Beardlsey?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

Bugs Bunny saying 'no' here.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Bicyclops posted:

......Mr. Beardlsey?

This movie should've been called Looking For Mickey

EDIT: The Season 9 stream is showing Final Sacrifice?!

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 7, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Guy Who Says Cabot may be the most annoying movie character of all time.

JethroMcB posted:

This movie should've been called Looking For Mickey

EDIT: The Season 9 stream is showing Final Sacrifice?!

Final Justice

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

......Mr. Beardlsey?

OperAYter!
OperAYter!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

zoux posted:

Final Justice

No, I assure you, they showed Final Sacrifice in full on the S9 stream because I saw the whole thing. I thought at first that it would just be the host segments, but then it went into the hallway sequence, and, well, seven years later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuHJhlVz4c

(Devil Fish just wrapped up, so stick around for...12-15 more hours and maybe it'll happen again? I wish they could run Deadly Bees or Space Children, those are two of my favorites.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IDK who did the actual puppeteering but there was a marked improvement from Trace Crow to Bill Crow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

zoux posted:

IDK who did the actual puppeteering but there was a marked improvement from Trace Crow to Bill Crow.

Didn’t their VAs also typically do the puppetry or did that change during the Sci-Fi era?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Larryb posted:

Didn’t their VAs also typically do the puppetry or did that change during the Sci-Fi era?

I believe it was still the VAs, yeah. Bill's Crow is a lot more animated and exaggerated which goes well with his more neurotic personality

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

zoux posted:

I think they did their own puppeteering in that era and that Bill has actually said he was shaky at first and had to learn it on the job, more or less.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I think they did their own puppeteering in that era and that Bill has actually said he was shaky at first and had to learn it on the job, more or less.

Well, he's a natural

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

If I remember right, he got the job on a Friday, took the puppet home for the weekend to practice, and started shooting on Monday. I believe he described it as looking like Crow had a stroke at the beginning, but he definitely got the hang of it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I found it:

Bill Corbett posted:

I do remember that I was just pathetic with the puppet in the audition. And for the first couple of shows. So they weren’t going by puppetry skills, god knows.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You will never convince me that this is not one of the best ever host segments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9Y4jBPIHI&t=4040s

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

There’s also this, which is what I was referring to in my post:

quote:

Honored and thrilled as I was to be the Gold One's new alter ego, I was given this job on the show on the Friday before the Monday we started production on 801. And I think maybe -- just maybe -- it showed in the puppeteering for the first few episodes, especially this one, where Crow seemed to have suffered a stroke during the 500 years he hung out on the Satellite.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Diabolik900 posted:

There’s also this, which is what I was referring to in my post:

Thank you, that was the one I remember reading. MST3Kinfo ftw.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"hey is that one of those big bertha's there? lemme see that!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diabolik900 posted:

If I remember right, he got the job on a Friday, took the puppet home for the weekend to practice, and started shooting on Monday. I believe he described it as looking like Crow had a stroke at the beginning, but he definitely got the hang of it.

Also by Bill's own admission he's doing what's basically a Trace impression early on that goes away by mid-season 8-ish.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

No, I assure you, they showed Final Sacrifice in full on the S9 stream because I saw the whole thing. I thought at first that it would just be the host segments, but then it went into the hallway sequence, and, well, seven years later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuHJhlVz4c

(Devil Fish just wrapped up, so stick around for...12-15 more hours and maybe it'll happen again? I wish they could run Deadly Bees or Space Children, those are two of my favorites.)

Space Children is so good. I mean, it's bad, but it's a weird dreamlike fairytale about nuclear escalation and blobs from heaven. Jack Arnold is honestly a really excellent director and he did his best with a weird hash of a concept. Great MST material.

"So all the warheads are gone?"

"can we still use our chemical stockpiles?"

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

:sigh: Okay, communism's better.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Bicyclops posted:

......Mr. Beardlsey?

Chief?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

McCloud!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"hey is that one of those big bertha's there? lemme see that!"

I love how first Kevin manages to interpose Tom between Mike and Crow without losing his head, but then gets the head knocked off by Mike's arm and immediately adjusts:
"Oh, ya got me!"
And Mike then hits him once or twice before switching back.

It's a very Looney Tunes kind of sketch, but Mike's good at that.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Dawgstar posted:

Also by Bill's own admission he's doing what's basically a Trace impression early on that goes away by mid-season 8-ish.

A while back I went through the Season 2 episodes and noticed Kevin seems to be doing the same thing with Servo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turned on the S9 stream, it's Quest of the Delta Knights.

First riff? "Sultans! Pirates! After them!"

Fortune smiles upon me today.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I love how Tom's head accidentally comes off towards the end, and it's still the take they run with. :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

According to the bells, it's 97 o'clock

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'd never try. Mike carefully selecting his club while still screaming is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I'd never try. Mike carefully selecting his club while still screaming is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Apparently everybody was trying not to corpse through the skit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Every time they do a disembodied head prank it backfires on them, you'd think they'd learn.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
during one of the live chat things someone talked about Conor McGiffin's audition for Tom where he stretched the puppets arms out like 10 feet

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I like that sometimes they just roll with it and keep it in the episode (like when Crow catches fire in the aforementioned sketch during The Screaming Skull)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Skin Walker.
Texas Skin Ranger.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Skin Walker.
Texas Skin Ranger.

Given the sheer volume of schlock that Richard Lynch has been in, you think they’d have joked about his career more. He does make a fetching anthropologist grandma, though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey there's a business up there simply called "R".

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
...This is absolutely fascinating...

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
You console European losers for a living?

Me? I look down your dress for a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Side Hackers is on on Twitch.

What is this film? :yikes: