Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Josh's Servo is an acquired taste, but I like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I like all mst3k but would love to see the new crew not make a season under nightmare crunch or pandemic hurdles

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"End more! It's not ending enough!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Well, a thing to remember about Josh's Tom is that he was like 17 when making season 1.

Also by Josh's account he was making less than minimum wage and the other Brains at the time and didn't think he'd make a good partner because of his age, which is why he took off to LA. Worked out in the end, sucked for him at the time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Also by Josh's account he was making less than minimum wage and the other Brains at the time and didn't think he'd make a good partner because of his age, which is why he took off to LA. Worked out in the end, sucked for him at the time.

What convinced him to eventually come back later in life for stuff like Cinematic Titanic and the MST3K relaunch?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

What convinced him to eventually come back later in life for stuff like Cinematic Titanic and the MST3K relaunch?

I think Joel just reaching out. As I recall the bulk of his problem was dealing with Jim.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"We've all gotten drunk and shaved with a cat, sure."

I had never seen the Mask before and this is great!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I don’t know that Joel has ever come out publicly and said it, but knowing what we do now, I suspect Cinematic Titanic grew out of Joel trying to bring back MST3K years earlier than he did. I think I recall him saying he’d approached Jim about a revival years before the he first Kickstarter and not getting anywhere with it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Just the format of CT alone very much reads as "shadowrama but in a legally distinct enough way so as to not get Jim's dander up".

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"The whole case has gone nuts. First the mask is gone. Then it turns up. Then it disappears again. Now Dr. Barnes is gone."
"What a ride!"

Man, The Mask is awesome!

E:

Also I don't know why, but the shot with some guy falling dramatically and slowly into the mist with Jonah going "G.I. Joooooooooooooooooeeeeeee" in extremely slow motion, fading out into the distance for the whole uncomfortably long shot cracked me up completely.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I was legitimately impressed with the 3D parts of The Mask. Like as in the filmmakers actually did a good job on them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
HQ, my hat looks like a muffin. Over

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, they're tough on the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. :ohdear:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

https://twitter.com/Fred_J_Walsh/status/1785035233206648897?t=77wvQfE0rheolHA9DZ5eUw&s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That is incredible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Word on the street is you're a jerk

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And Zack Norman was Sammy in Chief Zabu

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The British thing does make me wonder if that's where they got the chase scene that made Driving Miss Daisy look like Bullitt.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dawgstar posted:

The British thing does make me wonder if that's where they got the chase scene that made Driving Miss Daisy look like Bullitt.

That wasn't actually supposed to be a chase scene. It was Martin Balsam's character driving away from his house, forcing Mitchell to follow, so the dude in the Mustang could run Mitchell off the road.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There's now also a dedicated season 1 MST3K stream. For some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_isgljIMCM

E: aaaand there's also a S1 episode on the regular marathon at the same time.

E2:

"Well it's not as bad as the time I said 'no muscle tone', never recovered from that one..."

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 30, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Hey, where's Tomalicious?"
"Oh I dunno, maybe he was ordered to 'leave the Bronx', hahaha?"
"That's. Not. Funny."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is wild to me. They really thought they were cooking with that "why are you copying me" scene.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

exquisite tea posted:

This is wild to me. They really thought they were cooking with that "why are you copying me" scene.
Someone make a meme where it's Mitchell and the British guy going "Why are you copying me" at each other.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I had no idea Mitchell had so much metatextual depth!

Now if only they figured out how to keep the boom mic out of the shot, then they really would have had something

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's now also a dedicated season 1 MST3K stream. For some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_isgljIMCM

E: aaaand there's also a S1 episode on the regular marathon at the same time.

E2:

"Well it's not as bad as the time I said 'no muscle tone', never recovered from that one..."

I'd like it if they had dedicated Joel/Mike streams but perhaps they don't want to rekindle certain arguments...

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Huh. Just watched Robot Holocaust again last night. It's been a while. Never realized it was a Charles Band movie. It's got Laser Blast's music! And another track that sounds like Alien.

It was also worse than I remembered.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The season one stream is currently showing a season 13 Emily short.

Have they shown any Bridget and Mary Jo Rifftrax episodes on any of their streams?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fezz posted:

The season one stream is currently showing a season 13 Emily short.

Have they shown any Bridget and Mary Jo Rifftrax episodes on any of their streams?

They regularly come around on the RiffTrax Twitch channel, if that helps.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Failson posted:

Huh. Just watched Robot Holocaust again last night. It's been a while. Never realized it was a Charles Band movie. It's got Laser Blast's music! And another track that sounds like Alien

Yeah, I've only seen Robot Holocaust once, and when that ending started happening I immediately recognized the music from SOMEWHERE, but it took this thread to tell me that it was the Laserblast music.

On the topic of Charleses, I've got "The Town that Dreaded Sundown" on my May Horror Movie Marathon watch list, and I just noticed that it's a Charles B. Pierce movie and also features Jimmy Clem. You know, this guy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pierce would say, not unlike Quentin and Uma, that Jimmy was his muse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I do like the side characters in that movie, the guys in the general store, the boat rental guy, and Clem Fandangit.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Now there’s a season 10 stream on YouTube.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh no, it's Final Sacrifice.

"He's having a heart attack. It's the only exercise he gets."

E:

"Don't worry, his heart will go ahead on."

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 1, 2024

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E:

"Don't be stupid cowboy. I'll blow her brains oUt."

"All over the bOaT."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'll take the order to Tony Roma's!

I'll watch the cowboy poster!...huh?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, I've only seen Robot Holocaust once, and when that ending started happening I immediately recognized the music from SOMEWHERE, but it took this thread to tell me that it was the Laserblast music.

On the topic of Charleses, I've got "The Town that Dreaded Sundown" on my May Horror Movie Marathon watch list, and I just noticed that it's a Charles B. Pierce movie and also features Jimmy Clem. You know, this guy.

Just kept calling him "Old Man Crenshaw" despite looking the same age as our hero.

"Old! I was carded last Tuesday!"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E:

Is it back in rotation? Last I heard Tjardius Greidanus had gotten very litigious about copies of this floating around.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Another Bill posted:

Is it back in rotation? Last I heard Tjardius Greidanus had gotten very litigious about copies of this floating around.

They mean Final Justice.

The Final Sacrifice was Season 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Another Bill posted:

One of my favorite riffs is "He comes from a long line of Greidanuses."