Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Man, Hampton sounds so much like Trace's Crow that'll be interesting to see if he sticks with his natural voice or tries to adjust it. Apparently Joel told him to do his own thing and not try to mimic Trace if he can, but that seems like it would be a challenge since it's already so close to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Sitting in the SDCC show right now during intermission. Joel was noncommittal on another season at the start. Was hopeful of course.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Now live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/makemoremst3k

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Got the $50 tier and added the blu ray. That would probably be cheaper to get later somewhere else, but this way it at least contributes to the goal.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

If they can roll out a decent app, one of their hopes might be to entice one of the other streaming apps to license the content to be included as a bonus.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like they'll cross a million within the next 30 minutes or so.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

They've hit their goal. Yay.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think it's a simple as the new-original crew are busy people with their own careers outside of MST3K, and Joel wanted to keep the train going, so they created a Live show specific crew.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Also FWIW, Jonah was on the first live tour. I was fortunate enough to see that at SDCC and got some pics and a BTS talk with Joel thanks to some VIP tickets.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

My worst case scenario I'm seeing, is that it probably gets to 9 episodes with some extra $ over that target, and at the end of the day, they'll make ten episodes happen to get a nice season-y number.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Larryb posted:

Are any actual episodes out yet or has it just been preview clips so far?

Three have been released in "work in progress" states. Which generally means they're done, they just need to some audio balancing and they lack the credits and stingers.

These episodes do also have all the usual commercial breaks, which for the service, just means they have custom commercials from the cast for high tier backer businesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The Netflix cast still returns for the Satellite of Love episodes.
Jonah Ray - Jonah Heston
Hampton Yount - Crow T. Robot
Baron Vaughn - Tom Servo / Dr. Cabal
Rebecca Hanson - GPC

Simulator of Love crew episodes (Also worth noting, this is the [mostly] same cast used for the last few live tours): Kelsey Ann Brady was on the tour, but didn't perform Crow. She replaced the previous live tour Crow at basically the 11th hour for reasons unknown.
Emily Marsh - Emily Connor
Kelsey Ann Brady - Crow T. Robot
Conor McGiffin - Tom Servo
Yvonne Freese - GPC

Also have to agree with the joke pacing. It's basically right in line with the Syfy/CC versions of the show. Much appreciated improvement over the Netflix days.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 5, 2022