Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

With netflix they can ignore the nightmare of google and amazon are angry at each other for streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I can't think of a movie where I'm like "movies saved Joe Don Baker is in it."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Is it a concern?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I love the whole cast but joel could deliver funny and weird better with trace and Ken better than Mike, ken, and bill for sketches. Riffin? Mike had more practice by the time he helmed.
But this is comparing one cast vs a slighly diffrent cast.
I want Mst to thrive on Netflix.
I want rifftraxs to sit at the table with Netflix or/and amazon and talk about purchasable commentary tracks as a service. Doesnt have to be just riffs, directors commentary and what maddness the commentary SE Evil Deads and Army of Darkness was Ill pay for.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

My mom could see the nerd in me and told me its ether MST3K or Dr.Who shes not going to deal with both. It was 1992 and I had no idea what those were.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I kinda see where the imaginary rift between mike and joel started. The scifi channel overview to mst3k is a hack job.
https://youtu.be/E7yqRolAlwY
Turns Joel into the daily shows craig killborn.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.zazzle.com/theofficialmst3k
Im excited about my tiki mug. But the this crap is stinky

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

So first episodes out and seen, When do the rest of us who paid get to watch it?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Current rumor is end of march

I know the rumor but man, people are watching it now.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

We have a saying in Chicago
"Its my money and I want it now!"
In this political hellscape, this wait, I need MST3K to survive.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Gavok posted:

It's just a show.

You should really just relax.

I need it for that.
Man peeps are saying its better than ever!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Just write new letters, gawd!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Packers win the Superbowl!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

To the people who have seen it: How many of you were apprehensive about Jonah Ray? My best friend kinda can't stand him, to the point where she seemed to be seeing red when he and Joel did their bit at the reunion.

I mean the obvious answer is "Yeah, she's probably a lost cause," but that answer depresses me so I'm looking for any glimmer of hope that I can enjoy these new episodes with her.

Tell them to relax

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

If 90% of the pearl, brain guy, and Bobo sketches were lost in a fire I wouldn't mind.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Wasnt her original concept "retarded dragon"? Could have sworn Joel mentioned that in a interview.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I need more Zappa in my life

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

They had the MST Hour too, IIRC, which aired on regular tv. I get the feeling I saw it at some point, but IDK

I hated the hell outta those cut down hour long episodes. I know why they did it. It was a desperation move, but to the fans it was drat weird seeing parts of an episode that already had parts of a movie in it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

ComposerGuy posted:

How would anyone who has seen it rate the Rifftrax Time Chasers live riff vs. the original MST3K one? I haven't seen the former but the latter is one of my favorite episodes of the entire run of the show.

Its weird when they follow something that nailed it. So Its good but like the movie the jokes were familiar.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I've tried but I can't make Rifftrax work for me and I feel bad about it. Something about not having the interstitial sketches, frame story and layered image makes me want to riff the movie myself more than I want to watch other people riff it.

I need the puppet show to make it work!

It largely depends on episode of Rifftrax. But making stuff up wholecloth isnt mike and crews greatest strength. It was Joel Trace and Franks. That said both are very loving funny.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I dont like whatever this is

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I could watch a season of just Ultraman

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Oh I love Ultraman, I'm just saying they could do seasons of Ultraman stuff and I'd be glued.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

I can't believe that guy was a Danish comedy sensation. The war must have wrecked them something fierce.

It did!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well it seems I'm in the minority but I'm not really digging this at all. The opening was terrible. The new theme song is awful. The whole fake band thing is dumb. The new voice actors for the robots are terrible and plain. The riffs are bad, both in content and even the timing is off. The host is awful. The new mads are awful.

It's a good thing I didn't back this poo poo and that it's free on Netflix.

How do you enjoy life?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

14 hoping for season 2

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

The scenes with the Mads were shorter because the intro was longer than normal and cut into the host segment time.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH LOGIC AND REASON

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Mirage posted:

Did you drip?

WHY IS THE WHOLE CAST OF CRY WILDERNESS YELLING ALL THE TIME?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

duz posted:

The 4th episode Avalanche is my favorite so far, the insanity of the movie plus the fun host segments combine for a really good episode. Rock Hudson, Mia Farrow, Robert Forster in the movie and Neil Patrick Harris singing a duet with Kinga for a host segment? I liked it very much.

Still having trouble getting used to Gypsy being voiced by a woman though.

Im having a hard with with Gypsy not being (in their original design idea) a mentally challenged dragon

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Joel's first appearance is for a sketch that is loving fantastic

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Lotax was flabbergasted that the reboot cost so much money on twitter a few weeks back too.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

15 minutes? Dude you like have actual real depression. Go outside get some sun, get on the phone and talk to some friends and family.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

HD widescreen helps w that

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

Also CONTAMINATION which is a fantastically weird film.

Bonus points for it having the best Goblin soundtrack too. As much as I love Contamination, it would actually be great for MST3K, but it's probably too graphic in parts.

it has a fatal flaw they would have to work to overcome for a bad movie. poo poo rear end pacing

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

That was Tom Servo.

First episode had not one, but TWO They Might Be Giants references, which was a high mark for me.

I thought I was the only one that saw that trainwreck of a George C Scott movie.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/854886224368107521
Who pooped in his fun hat?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I like my references unrecognizable -Lowtaz

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Walking Tall is full of racist horrid hillbilly poo poo and utterly perfect for MST3K.
Let me show you my choice cuts of Joe's fat bacon rear end

THE PACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZI36Q1Vvw

WACKO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drO36S7udoE

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

the Yongery Itchi-o opening joke from Gypsy has to be Joel's and Its soon to be my fav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

there is literally 1000+ Shaw Brother films.
10% are erotic
100% are psychotic

Id say half are perfect for MST3k

Riki-oh doesn't need any riffing to be entertaining as hell. Same goes for Miami Connection. The riffing would get in the way of the jokes.