Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sort this, deliver that, I'll make them all pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mwbUQuCJ2A

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope they do one of those weird 70s British safety videos, where all the kids die terribly. I saw one with Donald Pleasence voicing Death, and it was amazing.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/JElvisWeinstein/status/1464998548131377152?s=20

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

when does the Gizmoplex start?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

This reminds me of the summer my dad hit a deer.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/AnAnimeGiraffe/status/1542310176820183041?s=20&t=13qAwd3saSC2c9oW1W1oQQ

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

https://cultfaction.com/2022/07/01/...ime-in-the-u-s/

Sampo aka The Day the Earth Froze is getting a 4k restoration release on bluray with an accurate translation. Also there is an hour long interview with Mike on it.

oh man, that's awesome

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if Mike has a cameo in the Christmas Special.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Everything Munchie does is bad for other people but it seems like you're supposed to think his actions are whimsical?

Remove the question mark and the "it seems like" and you've got the pitch.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Maybe it's explained in the sequel then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYV5_76XWg

Probably not.

I saw that one a lot at my Grandpa's house as a kid. It's completely baffling, too.

No idea what channel would even play it honestly. lmao

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Here's a fun fact, the director of Munchie and Munchie Strikes Back, Jim Wynorski, has 107 directing credits on his IMDB. After a certain point he just started churning out low budget skin flicks like The Bare Wench Project and The Da Vinci Coed.

I'm friends with him on Facebook. He usually just posts pictures of whoever's hot to him that day, or pictures from his children's movies. It's a wild ride.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I bought the Bill Rebane box set from Arrow just to get an HD copy of MONSTER-A-GO-GO!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I have to give that award to The Brute Man for having a movie that is actually almost good on its own merits, an interesting and goofy short, strong skits, and some of the strongest riffs in the history of the show(the Chicken of Tomorrow portion alone has like several episodes worth of high tier riffs shoved into a ~10 minute segment)

This was the first episode I ever watched and it blew me away so much that whole viewing is basically burned into my memory.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Another Bill posted:

I'm watchin' Soultaker and I forgot how much this movie rules. Estevez and Z'Dar and this guy

Soultaker is almost a good movie. I love it. It's just so half-assed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I'm finally catching up on Season 13, and it's been an extremely solid season so far. Just finished DOCTOR MORDRID, that was a fun episode. Glad to finally see Jeffrey Combs in MST3K.

I think the next one is the return of Joel? Hell yeah.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I'm finally catching up on Season 13, and it's been an extremely solid season so far. Just finished DOCTOR MORDRID, that was a fun episode. Glad to finally see Jeffrey Combs in MST3K.

I think the next one is the return of Joel? Hell yeah.

Sorry to quote myself but I'm like halfway through the DEMON SQUAD episode and it's in the top 3-4 worst movies they've riffed. Holy hell, what a return for Joel.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

If you subscribe to Shout Factory's Prime channel, they have all the episodes from season 13, ad-free. It's only $3 a month for Shout. (I did a free one week trial figuring I could finish the season within a week)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Larryb posted:

That works, got a link handy?

Here ya go

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Gamera Vs. Jiger owned. It was nice having an Extra Long episode of MST3K.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Sort this, deliver that, I'll make em all pay.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I was at my aunt and uncle's house around the time of the movie's release, and ran into "The Chicken of Tomorrow" and within moments, I was sold on this weird show. I remember every ad break had a sneak peek for the movie. Talked my parents into taking me to the movie, and welp, it wasn't playing anywhere near us.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

zoux posted:

Reading all these memories about how we had to watch TV in 1992, the modern conception of "watching TV" has already diverged so far from this, it's going to be unrecognizable to people in 50 years.

my nieces and nephews have access to 24/7 MST3K, and sometimes, when I think about that, I feel like everything's OK.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Joel has said part of the reason he quit trying in Hollywood was because of his experience with the TV show Highschool USA. He was up for a part on it but ended up passing because he didn't think it was very good. He told the producers this and they countered by offering more money. He said that this specific thing made him realize he wasn't really built for the industry because he was insulted by the idea that they thought he could be just bought off.

I think he was up for the part of Woody in "Cheers," too. Imagine that reality.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Reynolds Wrap. Keeps Freshness In, Keeps Mitchell Out.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Maybe Chaplin just didn't feel like puppeteering full-time.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Gaspy Conana posted:

I really like the Gizmoplex conceptually. I'm no biz expert but I'd much rather a flat subscription fee over this pass system, which seems a bit messy and difficult to communicate. Also I think most MSTies would be willing to throw in 5-10 a month just out of love for the whole thing.

That's what kills it for me, too. The pass system is complicated and weird. I'd absolutely give em $10 a month to just have whatever's up at the time.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

this whole failed crowdfunding thing has made me feel pretty bad. Joel really miscalculated this.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

When I was a kid, pre-Scifi-Channel, the episode that I always saw was "Kitten With a Whip." It seemed to always be on when I actually had access to Comedy Central. Scifi Channel era it was probably Devil Doll that I kept seeing most.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

When I finally watched This Island Earth on blu-ray a year or so ago, I was blown away by how much good poo poo got cut out of the movie. It's a really fun film.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Joe Don Baker's a pretty good character actor. I still think he should play Danny McBride's dad in something.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

The book has been adapted a million times. There’s a really good adaptation of this called “Surviving the Game.” It stars Ice-T, Rutger Hauer, Gary Busey, and F Murray Abraham. It’s an absolute must watch.

I loving love that movie

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

The Deadly Mantis is an extremely okay giant monster on the loose flick. It's no Them! of course.

I fuckin love The Deadly Mantis. Exactly my kind of boring 50s monster movie. Even have the Scream Factory blu-ray version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

zoux posted:

What in the world

that's really fuckin funny