Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
why the heck does season 13 cost $130 digitally on gizmoplex but i can get the bluray from shout factory for $80, shorts apparently included and everything. i thought the former was pretty steep even if it were on physical media but now im baffled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in other news i just bought seasons 11-13 on bluray

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
man sidehackers is such a disgusting little movie

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
that's the one. two women in that movie and they exist solely to be brutalized and/or avenged by a man

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
apropos of nothing joel exclaiming TEN CARS?! is one of my favorite riffs ever

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm gonna dance!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i watched the manos rifftrax earlier today. its funny but its really hard not to mentally slot in the mst3k riffs

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I generally think Rifftrax is really good, and especially their live shows have great energy, but man... their version of Manos just doesn't compare to the original. Yeah, they've got some solid and even really good riffs in there, but a lot of it just feels like they got the great joke back with the original episode, and just end up delivering a wordier or otherwise inferior version of the same riff here.

E:

Case in point:

The Master wakes up his wives, who immediately start to loudly argue about what to do about the interlopers. The movie cuts to the Master sitting there looking forlorn.

Original:
"What was I THINKING?!"

Rifftrax:
"Well, dad pulled me aside before the wedding and said 'son, are you sure you wanna marry these six broads', and I said 'yep'. IDIOT!"

the comic timing of that scene by itself is pretty great tbh

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im watching thru the whole series starting from season 2 because i know i havent seen every episode and probably not even most episodes, and man they flub so many lines in season 2 lol. weird pauses or false starts or stumbling over their words like every 10 seconds. still funny though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
lol at 1% of ring of terror having anything whatsoever to do with a ring of terror. also all the teenagers being 40 years old

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
So Billy, by this time a kid had thrown a chicken while an infertile couple looked at a store

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
watched lost continent tonight. rock climbing.

watching all these in sequence it's neat being able to get all the callbacks as they come up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hellcats is utterly incomprehensible. i dare anyone to explain the plot of this film

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

I know people haven't liked the host segments in the revival, but every one of these East Eddie bits in Beyond Atlantis are fantastic.

i find the host segments to be very hit and miss in the whole show. hell i usually skip the opening one altogether

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Morter posted:

My first exposure to Joel was when he showed up on Space Ghost Coast to Coast and was kind of a dick to SG. I didn't have a very good impression of him.

lol same. i didnt even know who he was until years and years later

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
finished King Dinosaur. whyd they have to atom bomb the island. i mean they were clearly able to just escape

"We brought civilization to Planet Nova..."
"Was that irony? This late in the film?"

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

One of my favourite little Mike moments in Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders:

"I chew places like this up and spit them into the toilet."

Mike's disbelieving little laugh and "why?" just kill me every time.

lol yes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
"God help me!"

"Sorry Unitarian, according to you I'm in the butterflies, and the sun, and I'm just a vague, benevolent force"

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

zoux posted:

Very little sidehacking in Sidehacking, tbh

I would argue that there's far too much sidehacking

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
crow's panicked "WHAT??" in mitchell

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
whoa guys. step back and think. are we all gonna fit in here

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the movie was my first exposure to mst3k, watching it while getting high at a friends house sometime in 2008. i was extremely peripherally aware of mst3k being a thing so i didn't really know what it was about and wasn't expecting much but i laughed my rear end off

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i recently watched munchie (S13) and mac & me (S12) back to back and i'll say that in munchie the riffs felt a lot less artificially crammed in, if that makes any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Side Hackers is on on Twitch.

What is this film? :yikes:

gross nihilistic garbage