Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

HopperUK posted:

I think I've mentioned before but my favourite Joel moment is when he asks Crow what he wants for Christmas and Crow says 'I wanna decide who lives and who dies!' Joel just says gently, 'Oh, I don't know.'

:same:

I'm definitely in the "there's nothing wrong with Joel, it's just that by the Mike era the writing started to really peak" camp.

Data Graham posted:

Like, they don't just point and laugh at something that's implausibly badly done.

It's not common, but there are definitely a few moments where it's just so incredibly bad that they do pretty much just point and laugh. Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dKiaRUKgmA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

HopperUK posted:

Horror at Party Beach, where the toxic chemical barrel sinks super-fast and then the cap comes off and it starts leaking. Mike, exasperated, "Oh, *immediately*."

Once again our tastes align! That one entered my lexicon for a while.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Lots of studio interference plus the inherent mismatch of cow town puppet show and Hollywood.

It's a shame too because the final product, while not perfect, is actually really fun and a great riff.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Best I remember Blockbuster had the Movie and then a smattering of the early Rhino single episodes, so I started with the Movie and was hooked from there.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Thank god, I saved you. :smug:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The secret government Eggo project.

Also, increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 26, 2024

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Freemason Rush Week posted:

Tom's incredulous "*gasp* No..." when the human scientists remark on the Metalunans' foreheads is perfect in its simplicity

If I don't miss my guess, I think this has something to do with those white-haired fellows...

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And if your hands were made out of metal, that would mean something.

My mind immediately goes to this one any time schlock tries to invoke magnetism as magic that works on anything.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I think it's spitting, but now that you mention it I'm not sure if it's "snag on" or "sneg on". I remember there being a guy called Michael Snegoff or something in an MST3K episode and they got some decent mileage out of that, so maybe it's "sneg on".

See also: Snicker-snag.

Amusingly enough the Urban Dictionary entry is what comes right up on Google and it directly cites MST.

(By comparison "snag" has a hundred different entries but a similar entry is in there with the same cite; yeah, spitting on someone.)

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 26, 2024

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I was torn from the thigh of Zeus. ;-*

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I am that wild man.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Just the format of CT alone very much reads as "shadowrama but in a legally distinct enough way so as to not get Jim's dander up".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Incidentally, there's also a Dumb Industries/Mary Jo Pehl Show Twitch channel that frequently runs riffs from the Mads.