Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Rifftrax is much, much easier to produce since there's no sets or costumes or cameras, just a recording booth.

Right. They found a way to make jokes about movies sustainably that's kept a small staff employed for 17 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

I feel like if people were overall disappointed with the show it would have died after Season 13

yeah, well

(the current fundraiser is for a hypothetical season 14)

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Time Chasers is one of the best movies they've ever done on the show.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

From the FAQ:

Did you build this whole crowdfunding platform yourselves?
We did not. We’re not that technical.

they're saying this after very confidently assuring us they could build their own streaming service last time

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Narsham posted:

As someone who is completely off "X" now, I'm curious whether the cast members started amplifying the campaign after the strike ended or if they've been entirely uninvolved? This campaign has felt like a few people at the office in Pennsylvania trying to run a crowdfunding campaign instead of the enthusiastic cross-country team of MST fans of previous campaigns. I'd argue the "low energy" is just part of that larger enthusiasm gap. It's the difference between watching MST alone and with a crowd.

Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt have posted a couple things. Jonah doesn't seem to be active on social media anymore, but his wife Deanna Rooney (plays Donna St. Phibes on the show) has the link in her instagram story. Emily has something in her instagram story. Hampton Yount posted a Gamera clip the other day with a link to the fundraiser. Not seeing anything from Baron Vaughn, Rebecca Hanson, or Tim Ryder. Kelsey Brady posted on instagram a couple days ago.

I'm bummed at how poorly this was handled.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

oh my god, the director of Rollergator directed Hell Comes to Frogtown

I had no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Castle of Fu Manchu is the worst one I've seen.