Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I only learned recently that "Shine your Love" was a cover of an actual song and not just invented 70s nonsense.

"Hey how 'bout you shine my steak over here!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Larryb posted:

Got a link to the original version out of curiosity then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmUnPOHa9Q

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Horror of Party Beach actually seems like a fairly decent movie in its own right as these things go. *checks notes* lol apparently it's on critics' lists as "the worst movie of all time in the beach-party monster B-movie genre" lmao

LOOK POLISH is a great running gag though

The band kind of slaps but I think the movie becomes a hard watch after the beach scene. Riffs are still strong though.

“You have defeated me sir, you and your band of choreographers”

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

I cannot believe I have not seen Riding With Death until now.

Our culture was obsessed with truckers for a while, huh?

No. That can't be

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
So they've got 13 hours to get from Torrance to Long Beach?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Also, did it ever explain how Abby's able to watch the goings on in the second half?

The same way Ben Murphy can enjoy her flashbacks

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I think it's genuinely very sweet that the leads from Space Mutiny were not just already married for nearly ten years before the film, but are still married to this day

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Clouseau posted:

Yeah the season eight segments have really grown on me- the Brain Guy planet is one of the funniest runs they had there. Imo, the difference is that that plot was pretty much just an excuse to give the mads a new setting for 3-6 episodes. The new stuff just feels very plotty and not gag focused and I'm just not interested in it.

Same, I used to really not like the Sci Fi skits but now I think they're pretty decent. Pearl is a very very good mad.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
As a non-American the show has been very educational to me with all its references to obscure celebrities, commercials and brands. I hope that one day I too will get to experience a giant spider invasion of savings at Menards!

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

mycophobia posted:

apropos of nothing joel exclaiming TEN CARS?! is one of my favorite riffs ever

But he bought the freaking car!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Joel losing his temper and shouting "DO SOMETHING!" at Manos is an all time moment and he has a lot of great episodes, but yes I too am a Mike Guy