Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

And two of their other significant mandates that affected the show were "no shorts"

The dumbest mandate. Young Man's Fancy, Day at the Fair, the Auto Show Whatever the Hell that was, KEEPING NEAT AND CLEAN, Are You Ready for Marriage, the one where Union Pacific implores us to not get run over by trains, the time a demon and an angel battle for the soul of a bread delivery man, and that kid that cheated on the test outstrip many of the full length movies in awesome riffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

rydiafan posted:

Best possible thing would be a secret District 9 sequel where the prawns invade halfway through some big budget romantic comedy.

Somewhere I have a rough draft of pretty much this.

It turns when they're laying in a field watching for shooting stars, which turn out to be alien dropships.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Somehow I'd skipped Beast of Hollow Mountain, so I went back to it today.

Holy poo poo is that an insane movie. Like... I can't even understand how it happened. Although I must say that the dinosaur effects weren't that bad for the time, apparent budget, and general competence of the filmmakers.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

precision posted:

Tom and Crow playing Wolf and Bear is one of my favorite host segments

And I tried a savage, feral roar, but, alas, my force was spent and I died!

Not a fan of most host segments, but that one is pretty great

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

Do not watch Future War under any circumstance, even being held at gunpoint. You've been warned.

What if you enjoy large gentlemen, box factories, cyborg Randy Johnson, Brain Guy in High School, and aren't picky that it's not the future and there's no war?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I decided today's film will be Future War, starting Jean Claude Goshdarn and Maybe Ving Rhames.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

How are you guys still seeing the stars? I thought it changed to the thumbs/percentages for everyone last month?

Device dependent. My Blu-Ray shows stars and the interface hasn't been updated in six years (and sucks).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm the broken down loaner AMC Crow.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Egbert Souse posted:

Is it OK to find Mr. B Natural hot?

When I was younger I thought the insane daughter from Young Man's Fancy (Crinkle Cut French Fries) was crazy hot. And I had a leg up on Alexander Phipps because I wasn't named Alex Phipps.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Disconnecticus posted:

Just made it through Star Crash. Great episode but my sperg side was squirming uncomfortably the whole time.

It's like they'd never actually seen an SF movie but just had the general idea relayed to them by a five year old before they threw one together.

Or you saw Star Wars and Barbarella, like...literally those were the only two movies you've ever seen, and decided to split the difference. But didn't have the skill, talent, or general wherewithal to do it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Vermain posted:

I've watched Prince of Space more times than is healthy. A lot of good riffs and one of the stiffest, strangest dubs I've ever heard in my life. Krankor sounds like he got hired away from his day job of tying down maidens to railway tracks.

YA SCUM!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I haven't gotten to that one yet, but if it's just a line or two, it's fair use.

Also, apparently you've forgotten they did stuff like that all the time on the old show. Tom replying "Where you going with that gun in your hand?" when a character says "Hey Joe," Mike singing a few bars of "Isn't She Lovely" when a character is waving his head back and forth kinda like Stevie Wonder, Tom singing "Broken Glass" along with the credits music to "Time Chasers"... I mean, if you didn't like it then either, fine, but it's nothing new.

I'm still shocked, all these years later, that Mike is eight times a lady

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Girls Town also has Mamie Van Doren. :eyepop:

Too bad they didn't have her star in Keeping Neat and Clean.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Go back to your piddling Congress! I run an airport!

I'm the guy that picks fights with made for TV hippies while buying diet gum

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

It doesn't suck from what I remember, but it's not their best either. It's cool to see the movie restored and uncut, though.

What was cut?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I successfully kicked in a door yesterday, so I could definitely kick Pumaman's rear end.

Although I would get obliterated by his Aztec friend

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It isn't the best riff ever, or even a particularly good one really, but I completely lose it at the USA chant when the chimp is pouring the orange juice in Carnival Magic.

Also, Yongary tickled me right where I like to be tickled: insane Japanese or Korean giant monster movies where a kid is inexplicably involved in a national catastrophe.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

It's just that I didn't catch on that it was supposed to be set in WWI and not WWII.

Suddenly some things about that movie make way more sense, because I didn't catch that either.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Command Ant posted:

Abe Lincoln is Time Cop!

I want Jefferson Davis dead! I want his family dead!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My name is Pleasence and I am funky.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

rydiafan posted:

Frank's "HE'S A SORCERER!" when Mike's rubber band disappears is one of my absolute favorite lines in television history.

Everything about the short is awesome, including that magical line.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MEIN OBERST!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Also without Brain Guy, we wouldn't have had "This is what Brain Guy looked like in high school" when this fellow shows up

It makes me giggle

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

And then of course there's this mysterious fellow from Carnival Magic...

Multiple experiments? Mass-produced bots? Parallel universes?

...I should really just relax.

So that's where that old AMC Crow went.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

:geno: My nose wheel's mushy :geno:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've asked around and it turns out that the army doesn't train anyone in rake fighting these days

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm still not clear on whether or not Krankor's weapons have any effect on the Prince of Space.

Also caustic vapors.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

:sax: Ooooooooooh, here we go off to Beaver Falls, Beaver Falls, Beaver Falls...

Beaver Falls isn't far from where I grew up so I just figure Krankor is inexplicably attacking Pittsburgh.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm still not sure if the bad guy in the Christmas movie actually did anything wrong. Santa was a deadbeat who knew what he was doing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

luxury handset posted:

buying up the north pole just so you can evict santa is a super dick move. what are you going to do with the land afterwards? open an applebees?

Mineral rights :colbert:

Also, it isn't like the guy was charging some insane amount of money, given that a bunch of slumchildren gave Santa enough pennies to pay the rent. poo poo, who was Santa's landlord before? Do I need to rewatch it to figure out how the guy bought the North Pole in the first place? DID SANTA SELL IT?!

It wasn't exactly in the modern era, but Francis X. Bushman was a loving titan before he was the guy who planned to speak during the entire flight of the Lunar Eagle 1.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I WANT JEFFERSON DAVIS DEAD!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

Here's a fun game: try to picture the movies as the directors were clearly shooting for (and missed spectacularly).

So Future War but it's actually Van Damme and he's fighting Schwarzenegger and JP-quality velociraptors. Or Final Sacrifice only now it's Charles Bronson fist-fighting Tim Curry in a cyclopean ruin.

Laserblast ends up exactly the same way no matter what.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Fear of the new. Teenagers had just been invented.

Yeah. Teenager was barely even a word before the 50s, let alone a concept.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Racket Girls at least has a reasonably sane premise and mainly fails on the execution and production quality, which is more than you can say for many of the other 50s movies riffed.

I'm not sure what the hell Batwoman is even supposed to be about, for example. Small timer that fixes women's wrestling matches gets too big for his britches and runs afoul of the mob is practically the Godfather by comparison.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is that stud...coming?

This thing's all over my rear end, man, it's going to tear me up!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

oh so like Alien but stupid

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Paper Kaiju posted:

while the regular cat continues to give no obvious fucks.

well at least this part is consistent with actual cats

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My name is Pleasance and I am funky.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

remusclaw posted:

I feel like there are a couple of people in a rocket ship movies, and I cant remember liking any of them.

That's because there was a time when people grew more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just took the time to look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

San Francisco International maybe?

:geno: muh nose wheel's mushy :geno: