Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Do you have an ad blocker? I do and I've never seen ads on Twitch. It's also linked to my Amazon Prime account. That may also effect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ross from Catching Trouble.

Yeah. He sucks. Talk about something aging poorly. Those poor animals.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There's Invasion USA. And I feel that Space Children has plenty of that cold war paranoia with bonus dumb aliens.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

It's too bad they don't have the season 10 songs released anywhere.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It probably helps to have a better localization. The one they used in the episode isn't very good.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They do have a twitch channel. And their press release for the Thanksgiving Turkey Day Marathon said they'll be starting an MST3K only channel.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They can't leave the farm. What else are they supposed to do at night? Given what happens to Baby, we know there's sex and we see at least two fights. Got to have something to lighten the mood or they'd all kill themselves if they realized how lovely their situations were

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Is it the rest of the Corman movies or Gamera/Godzilla?

Fezz fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 28, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If you're watching on Facebook it was part of the plan that we'd get behind the scenes access during the commercial breaks.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's definitely one of the better ones, along with Untamed Youth, Black Scorpion and Women of the Prehistoric Planet. Robot Holocaust gets dinged because of the Commander Cody short.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Bruceski posted:

First time I saw The Movie was wonderful because it had an extra audio track of my dad in the background complaining that TIE was one of his favorite movies and they were leaving out the good parts.

Those parts must have been amazing to make up for the rest of the movie.

Proteus Jones posted:

I had to queue this up and watch. It's still so so funny. A couple dated topical jokes*, but less than I expected

* - "John Sinunu goes for a haircut" and "Ladies and Gentlemen, A Flock of Seagulls!"

Is a reference to an 80s band in 1996 really topical?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Come to my mall. To my atrium!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I've seen Boggy Creek more than Eegah, so for me it's a tough choice. But BC is so good. Dumb swamp monster or lovely caveman?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm surprised they didn't run the version of Night of the Blood Beast with the Turkey Day host segments.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If you have a better place to store your monkey, I'd like to hear it!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's a long par five to our nation's capitol.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'll bet a lot of people are waiting for the last day telethon. Remember most Kickstarters get the majority of their pledges on the first and last days.

Untamed Youth is my favorite season 1 episode, right in the back half where they've hit a groove and are just firing on all cylinders along with Moon Zero Two, Robot Apocalypse, Women of the Prehistoric Planet and Black Scorpion.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
What's with the voice the ME has? Is that his real voice or is he putting it on?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Did the digital only plus the 2015 episode pack. I hope they can turn this into a revenue stream big enough to keep the show going indefinitely.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
She felt bad for Joel because her family only watched Mike episodes.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I believe they picked that episode because the trucker shows up again, so it almost makes sense as a longer story. Unlike the Master Ninja "movies", where it's even more clear that they're just two episodes of tv stuck together. They even added some ADR about Buffalo going to Ontario to race cars or whatever. Of course, it still is dumb and bad and a good indicator of why the show was cancelled and the only bits of it anyone has seen are on MST3K.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Angry_Ed posted:

Of all the celestial objects they pick one that has literally nothing to do with the power set of "become invisible"

They probably looked at the list of NASA missions and picked Gemini because it was the most groovy.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Young Man's Fancy is about electric kitchen appliances. Like how Once Upon a Honeymoon is really about phones.

I think the industrial short makers were really bored that week.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Girl in Lover's Lane has a real gently caress you audience ending too. Just a real kick in the nuts.

Great train song host segment though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FJXBxWbI8

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe if Paramount Plus goes real deep in the archive they might put it up there. Not a lot of content from the pre-South Park days is online besides MST3K and the occasional stand-up.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Larryb posted:

What MST movie(s) has Ron Howard directed?

None, but he acts in Village of the Giants.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Does anyone have a list of the "classic" episodes that came with the Kickstarter? I remember looking at one but I can't find it now. I got the digital tier and already upgraded to the ten base from the other tiers and want to know what then ten extra on the deluxe package are before I add 30 bucks to my pledge.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I think that's it. But if I had the 5 from the $85 and paid $30 extra does that mean I should have all the episodes already? This is very confusing. I'm going to email them.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
My favorite riff from that movie is when Mickey is faffing about with those pots and Tom screams out "Get a box!"

And all the jokes about the first wife being shot while falling down the stairs or however the creepy husband claimed she died.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Beast of Yucca Flats comes up when the bots are training Mike during the Brain that Wouldn't Die.

Edit: Curses, beaten.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Larryb posted:

Huh, what made them change their minds when the Sci-Fi era came around then?

I think they just couldn't get the rights until the Sci-Fi era.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Here's a list of the locations of the new sketches in the Vault picks:

Some reddit guy posted:

Each video definitely has 1 new sketch.
--
GizmoBlip locations:
BotE: 42m17s
Gamera: 30m43s
Killer Shrews: 1h24m12s
King Dinosaur: 1h18m23s
Pod People: 48m21s
Werewolf: 1h06m57s

Reminder, there are also the Synthia Selects intro / outros.

Happy watching.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
So if Manos was the first livestream and Hobgoblins is labeled as the third. What was the second? And where is it on the Gizmoplex?⁷

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Thanks, but it's not in there for me. Weird.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Watching Danger!! Death Ray again and this is the first time I've noticed Frank has a goatee during the agent sketch.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Well the first month didn't have any new sketches so you didn't miss much.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Munchie is available on the Gizmoplex.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Hazo posted:

Someone mentioned this earlier and I meant to ask: Why exactly did Munchie "almost break the writers' room"?

Trying to plan out my evening to balance out this and the Obi-Wan premiere, TIA

Having just finished the episode here's my guess: The off-putting creature puppet, the inexplicable Dom Deluise performance? It's Mac and Me without the charm. They probably we're just having one of those days. Just a lovely mid-90s ET/genie movie rip-off.

That said, a good episode.

Dr. Phibes showed up in one of the Netflix movies briefly, but she had a big part in the live show I saw about the giant brain terrorizing some Canadian town.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 28, 2022

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

muscles like this! posted:

OMG the reaction to the reveal of Munchie

I watched three times in a row. It's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Since May was Pesky Critters month due to Munchie. The theme for June will probably be magic given the next episode is Doctor Mordrid. So Magic Sword, Sinbad, the Sword and the Dragon, Jack Frost, Delta Knight's, Merlin's Shop.

Fantasy is pretty underrepresented in classic MST3K.