Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
I'm not sure, but I did add that tier to my initial pledge, but now clicking through the rewards questions it throws me this incredibly badly worded question about clarifying which set of extra episodes I want, and that I should perhaps still add the add-on in the rewards manager and remove the kickstarter add-on and then later remove the additional add-on so I'll get the credit and it's all very ???.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Couple years back my wife and I hit Wild World of Batwoman on our watchlist, and on back-to-back evenings trying to watch it fell asleep both times. Just an incredible movie.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
A Roger Corman joint, featuring a James Horner score and a young 'Jim Cameron' as art director.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Subtitles aren't working for me on this one, was fine earlier. Mst3k app on Amazon Fire TV. Anyone else?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The guy playing East Eddie in this is wasted on this movie.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

BigRed0427 posted:

What's the movie right now?

Beatniks. Efb.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Who knew a movie about illegal motorcycle racing could be this boring? I guess this is Sidehackers?

E:

:catstare:

Even edited down it's still pretty awful to women, just a miserable rear end movie and not one I particularly want to see again even riffed.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
If you watch Boggy Creek II: And The Legend Continues with subtitles on the Gizmoplex then every reference to Crow is spelled 'Croooow' and I think whoever they paid to subtitle it just went with the spelling in the titles which is fantastic.

Edit: Oh and despite that Servo becomes Cervo. The subtitles on the Gizmoplex are generally pretty good and I'm glad they went to the effort of doing them, but they're clearly all done by different people with almost no familiarity with the show.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 1, 2024

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

zoux posted:

The head scientist in Boggy Creek is such a dickhead. He threatens to kill those yokels in the general store for some light ribbing, then he fucks with the two girls because he was mad at them for going off on their own. gently caress that guy.

Pervs on the girl getting dressed in the tent, oh and I believe is also the writer/director and the shirtless guy who does nothing all movie is his son?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

JethroMcB posted:

Just found out that the actors playing Hank and Elaine were real-life brother and sister, which makes that aspect of the film grosser but also more coherent ("Oh, THAT is why they have no chemistry")

Still want to know why Elaine was so poorly dubbed, though.

Looking things up in imdb recently I noticed the couple in It Lives By Night were actually married in real life.

Last night watching Women on the Prehistoric Planet on the Foreverathon saw that Linda and Tang played Harry Kim's parents on Star Trek Voyager.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What the hell is Doctor Mordrid? It's got that stench of an early 90s comic book or video game license movie, because it's so loving full of lore, and all the lore is embarrassingly bad. It just feels like one of those movies where the writers thought you had to cram in all the Nouns from the source material's awful lore to make a licensed movie.

It was meant to be a Doctor Strange movie, they lost or couldn't get the license so just filed the numbers off.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
My wife spotted a couple Star Trek TNG actors recently somehow.

Mark Richman as Adam Chance in Agents from HARM was the guy worried about his investments, Ralph Offenhouse, when he was revived in "The Neutral Zone".

Ward Costello as Dr. Robert Hedges in Terror from the Year 5000 (and now I check his imdb, also has a role in Code Name: Diamond Head) was an admiral in a couple episodes, including in Conspiracy - the exploding head episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The AV Club oral history is a really good read for everything involving the movie
https://www.avclub.com/mystery-science-theater-3000-the-movie-the-oral-histo-1846694612