Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
pick you had way hotter math teachers than me. by like a huge margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
the hottest math teacher at my school was a bald fat sweaty dude who store down the chests of the 13 yo's.

meanwhile you apparently went to hunk-secondary-school

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Zoned by a dude lol

So yeah, you read the title and already know I'm pathetic as gently caress. But I've had it, once again, I've been told that i'm "The nicest guy I know" "so funny" "so kind" "so considerate" etc. only to be shitted out into the drainage pipe of friendzone. yeah I sound bitter. I loving am. I've attempted suicide before, I've been suffering this shitshow called depression since I was 13. I've been on meds. I've been through therapy, CBT, psych ward, the whole lot. gently caress all helps. But I manage to put that away, I manage to go out my way to help others, to never bring up my poo poo to anyone and just help them deal with their issues. But gently caress i'm done. Genuinely, from a purely evolutionary standpoint, why should I stay? Not like i'm contributing or will contribute anything. Apparantly being a decent person means gently caress all in this world. It's not even with girls. My friend was kicked out his home a few weeks back, I went out at 2am, picked him up, got some drinks with him, chatted, cheered him up, let him crash at my place. Next day he goes out, no thanks, no nothing. Tells me he's going to a party, cool, i'm feeling like poo poo so a party and carefree atmosphere would be fantastic, I ask if it would be cool if I could tag along. Straight up tells me "You could but like no offense, your really ugly and I dunno about the people that will be here". I feel like i'm just constantly being hosed about and used

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I drove three hours to get laid

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

pick you had way hotter math teachers than me. by like a huge margin.

This man taught calculus to millions of women everywhere. They all learned about rates of change as their panties went from dry to wet.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratjaculation posted:

Zoned by a dude lol

So yeah, you read the title and already know I'm pathetic as gently caress. But I've had it, once again, I've been told that i'm "The nicest guy I know" "so funny" "so kind" "so considerate" etc. only to be shitted out into the drainage pipe of friendzone. yeah I sound bitter. I loving am. I've attempted suicide before, I've been suffering this shitshow called depression since I was 13. I've been on meds. I've been through therapy, CBT, psych ward, the whole lot. gently caress all helps. But I manage to put that away, I manage to go out my way to help others, to never bring up my poo poo to anyone and just help them deal with their issues. But gently caress i'm done. Genuinely, from a purely evolutionary standpoint, why should I stay? Not like i'm contributing or will contribute anything. Apparantly being a decent person means gently caress all in this world. It's not even with girls. My friend was kicked out his home a few weeks back, I went out at 2am, picked him up, got some drinks with him, chatted, cheered him up, let him crash at my place. Next day he goes out, no thanks, no nothing. Tells me he's going to a party, cool, i'm feeling like poo poo so a party and carefree atmosphere would be fantastic, I ask if it would be cool if I could tag along. Straight up tells me "You could but like no offense, your really ugly and I dunno about the people that will be here". I feel like i'm just constantly being hosed about and used

The amazing human doormat

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

what kind of english person says "fam"

I take it you've never been to London

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Lazerbeam posted:

I take it you've never been to London
Is it chavs who started this poo poo or something? English folks can't talk poo poo on our gun laws if they spawned the colloquial use of the already-stupid "fam".

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Moon Atari posted:

Having zero romantic or sexual prospects, without the knowledge that there is someone who will at least have casual sex with you. A state of feeling rejected by the entirety of the gender of your interest, rather than by individual members of that gender.

I feel the need to point out that I am not expressing my own feelings, just interpreting 'nice guys' and other angry sexless dudes. Although me feeling the need to point that out does say something about social pressures for men and sex.

I would love to know where this idea is coming from, especially since this:

Cnut the Great posted:

crippling loneliness and feelings of being completely unwanted

doesn't preclude this:

Cnut the Great posted:

Suffer more from constant negative attention from predators and assholes and feelings of being wanted only for sex.

There are women who would truly rather stay single than "settle," and that easily leads to crippling loneliness.

Not a contest, I've just not encountered this idea before and multiple people have it, so I'm curious.

The weirdest nice guy thing I've experienced was an ex scolding me for not hooking up with his friend, because "He really liked you." Okay well I didn't know that, or I wouldn't have hung out with him in a platonic manner that much, because I wasn't attracted to him.

It was just the feeling that the ex had decided things should happen a certain way, and was upset with me for not following the script. Never mind my own desires and tastes.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
women definitely suffer from crippling loneliness example me

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I would love to know where this idea is coming from, especially since this:

It is directly stated by the angry sad dudes as what they feel. See jon pop's entire post history as an example. It also seems uncontroversial that more men than women have no sex life at all but would like to, especially when the only rebuttal to it is that some women are lonely because they would rather not lower their standards. As much as talk of sexual market forces is tainted by creepy people it is true that men and women face different pressures and annoyances in the dating game, with different failure states. A guy with no game will experience no expression of romantic or sexual interest directed towards him, and if he takes this poorly he starts freaking out about all women being whores who only want 'chads' and maybe does the 'man going his own way' thing. A woman with no game will not have romantic or sexual interest directed at her from the people she would like or in the manner she would like, and if she takes it poorly she starts complaining about all men being lovely partners who only want sex and maybe does the 'political lesbian' thing.

People who experience the lovely end of the dating spectrum tend to envy the experience of the other gender, so you get lonely dudes who have never had someone so much as look their way who are pissed at women complaining about too much attention, while you get women who are constantly hounded by crappy dudes who are pissed at men for complaining that they have it hard in dating.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i think the problem is a certain percentage of people just are not suited for finding mates in an industrialized society with infinite choices. we are designed for a tribal band no bigger than 50 or so, where everyone would get a shot just because of lack of variety and options. once we started building cities we came up with all sorts of elaborate marriage and sex regulation schemes, because the way our sexuality is wired is not suited for groups of millions of people all together. unfortunately all of these schemes were tied into religion, and when the west went atheist it threw the baby out with the bathwater. now we have anime figurines instead. :shrug:

i think many in our society would benefit from an arranged marriage system, for some

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I was friends with a guy through all of highschool and college who was absolutely obsessed with a mutual friend who had absolutely zero interest in him. Every 6-12 months or so he'd re-"confess" his ~feelings~ to her and even proposed to her twice (while she was in a relationship with someone else). In college he had a number of opportunities that I saw to go on dates or at least get laid but he turned them all down because he was "taken". As far as I know he's still a ~30something year old virgin who has never been on a date - they still hang out together almost 10 years later and he's definitely still single. He's not even fat (the girl in question is, though) or particularly nerdy either so I don't get it.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

It is directly stated by the angry sad dudes as what they feel. See jon pop's entire post history as an example. It also seems uncontroversial that more men than women have no sex life at all but would like to, especially when the only rebuttal to it is that some women are lonely because they would rather not lower their standards. As much as talk of sexual market forces is tainted by creepy people it is true that men and women face different pressures and annoyances in the dating game, with different failure states. A guy with no game will experience no expression of romantic or sexual interest directed towards him, and if he takes this poorly he starts freaking out about all women being whores who only want 'chads' and maybe does the 'man going his own way' thing. A woman with no game will not have romantic or sexual interest directed at her from the people she would like or in the manner she would like, and if she takes it poorly she starts complaining about all men being lovely partners who only want sex and maybe does the 'political lesbian' thing.

People who experience the lovely end of the dating spectrum tend to envy the experience of the other gender, so you get lonely dudes who have never had someone so much as look their way who are pissed at women complaining about too much attention, while you get women who are constantly hounded by crappy dudes who are pissed at men for complaining that they have it hard in dating.

or maybe some women are actually lesbians dipshit

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
drat, offending lesbians is like shooting ...I'll finish this later when I can make somehow turn fish in a barrel into a lesbian pun. I'm open to collaboration.

The fish part is easy it's the shooting in a barrel bit I'm struggling with.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 25, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

drat, offending lesbians is like shooting ...I'll finish this later when I can make somehow turn fish in a barrel into a lesbian pun. I'm open to collaboration.

The fish part is easy it's the shooting in a barrel bit I'm struggling with.

i think "fish in a barrel" is an apt enough description of a certain kind of lesbian that it works on its own:

cnut
May 3, 2016

Tumble posted:

let's face it, there really is a lot more bitter angry guys than bitter angry women

Wait 'til you hit middle age! (Or, hell, even 30s). Woo boy, it evens out in a loving hurry, LOL.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Troposphere posted:

or maybe some women are actually lesbians dipshit

Yes, my argument all along was that lesbians don't exist, you nailed it, and i feel ashamed at having my bigotry exposed by the harsh light of your ability to interpret information.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I realised the whole thing didn't work because shooting fish in a barrel implies intent rather than sensible shoes over there finding offence where none was given.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
For the ladies who want a glimpse into the psyche of an insecure(can't think of a better word) guy, look at the misc on bodybuilding.com.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moon Atari posted:

Lotta people that need to source their quotes ITT

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

Yes, my argument all along was that lesbians don't exist, you nailed it, and i feel ashamed at having my bigotry exposed by the harsh light of your ability to interpret information.

you're dumb and bad

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Moon Atari posted:

it requires perspective and unfortunately if you cant see how the other gemder is probably in the same boat as you, you probably also wont make reasonable conclusions of you or others' dating merit. also perspective is not something that society or our culture really cares about so if anything there is upward pressure for people to stick their heads in the sand like ostriches and complain

in high school i bit the red pill bait but that was before i had ever talked to a girl that wasnt in my family. its so ridiculous and divorced from reality but it is a self-fufilling prophecy that people obsess over

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm pretty much the picture-perfect depiction of an Unfuckable, and yet I've managed to score with multiple ladies and even trick one into marrying me. Turns out basic hygiene and treating potential partners like human beings and not walking genitals to be pounced upon goes a long way.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Troposphere posted:

you're dumb and bad

You seem unfamiliar with the term 'political lesbian'. I didn't invent it, self-described political lesbians did.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lotta broke brains in here....If i can get women to willingly have sex with me, any man can. I mean it's not like everyday or anything, but I don't go without. I look like a literal loving potato for godsake.

Everything i'm reading at the "never get sex" end points to mental health problems.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gaunab posted:

For the ladies who want a glimpse into the psyche of an insecure(can't think of a better word) guy, look at the misc on bodybuilding.com.

i dont think they want a glimpse of that. hell, they;re prob tired of men screaming their insecurities to the world at full volume

both literally screaming, with their mouth (or fingers) and allegorically screaming, like the howl of a shitbox honda with a cherry bomb

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Lesbians under 30 are always crazy, angry and tremendous drama bombs. While lesbians over 40 always seem to be the most chilled out people

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moon Atari posted:

You seem unfamiliar with the term 'political lesbian'. I didn't invent it, self-described political lesbians did.

What do you have against queer women running for elected office? Seems pretty hosed up and also off-topic.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Troposphere posted:

women definitely suffer from crippling loneliness example me

Yeah, obviously. I never said they didn't, just that it does seem to be much more of a source of angst for men than women generally. It's probably part (big emphasis on "part") of the reason men kill themselves in much higher numbers than women.

Conversely, women suffer from eating disorders and body image issues in significantly higher numbers than men. Lots of men have body image issues too, and it's important not to discount that, but I don't think it's a huge source of existential angst for them in the way that it is for many women.

We're purposefully speaking broadly about genders as groups here, so of course these generalizations may not reflect your or my individual experience.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 25, 2016

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Necc0 posted:

learning how to spot these guys early is a critical skill to develop in college

One of my "best friends" in college was this guy who swore that he didn't want any kind of relationship with me. For years. He made it so clear when we first met, so I believed him. We would go to the gym every day and we'd go to minigolf or the movies or out to Applebee's or some such place at least every other week. He was also huge into going to places for poetry readings and coffee shops. He was so adamant about not wanting a girlfriend but not fitting in with guys, and after a couple years he told me how he'd never been attracted to girls and had never gotten an erection over a girl. By then we were really close and I assumed this was sort of a clumsy trial run for coming out (this was the early 2000's in the South), because he used to always love to help one of my friends with braiding and styling her really long hair, and he used to always suggest things like calling a bunch of girls over to watch romantic comedies, and whenever a girl from my social circle had a relationship end, he would always want to have everyone get together and drink wine and make fun of the offending ex.

There was no real big dramatic ending except one day a year or so after we graduated my brother told me he ran into Tyler in a bar downtown. He said that he recognized him from my Facebook and he introduced himself, and Tyler blew up right away and said "Dude your sister is so loving stuck up! I tried to gently caress her for FOUR YEARS and she never put out."

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

why are the breasts being used in such a way

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I once asked an old friend about what I could do when I visited a new town for a job interview, so I had only like a day to go around. She recommended I go on Tinder dates, as apparently she goes on to a "few" dates every time she travels. She couldn't understand how I can swipe right indiscriminately thousands of times and get only 2 matches, both of whom turn out to be bots.

She probably has to deal with a lot of shitheads, of course. But at least dealing with shitheads makes you angry at other people and helps you vent in a more healthy way, while getting zero interest from people you are attracted to turns your mind sour and makes you into a bitter rear end in a top hat unless you have some other kind of support to give you some perspective.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This thread makes texting dick pics look totally rational and socially correct.

*texts some skanks a pic of his boner*

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I can cut that to 15 seconds. If you gotta talk about the "friend zone" it means you were never in the "humpy zone" in the first place. And you probably aren't really in the "friend zone" because you inherently admitted you aren't looking for friends. Simple.

hey this guy said humpy zone

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

I am familiar with it and it's dumb as hell, like your posts

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Schnabel posted:

hey this guy said humpy zone

Ugh, did I just get humpy zoned? :jerkbag:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
The Nice Guy's fallacy is that he assumes that single women have the same goals and expectations for how a successful sexual encounter should play out.

Some girls won't even 'give it up' until the L-word's been spoken, and even then it has to be heard and reciprocated by the other party too! :wth:

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Some girls won't even 'give it up' until the L-word's been spoken

The L-word is lesbian three way right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PallasAthene posted:

One of my "best friends" in college was this guy who swore that he didn't want any kind of relationship with me. For years. He made it so clear when we first met, so I believed him. We would go to the gym every day and we'd go to minigolf or the movies or out to Applebee's or some such place at least every other week. He was also huge into going to places for poetry readings and coffee shops. He was so adamant about not wanting a girlfriend but not fitting in with guys, and after a couple years he told me how he'd never been attracted to girls and had never gotten an erection over a girl. By then we were really close and I assumed this was sort of a clumsy trial run for coming out (this was the early 2000's in the South), because he used to always love to help one of my friends with braiding and styling her really long hair, and he used to always suggest things like calling a bunch of girls over to watch romantic comedies, and whenever a girl from my social circle had a relationship end, he would always want to have everyone get together and drink wine and make fun of the offending ex.

There was no real big dramatic ending except one day a year or so after we graduated my brother told me he ran into Tyler in a bar downtown. He said that he recognized him from my Facebook and he introduced himself, and Tyler blew up right away and said "Dude your sister is so loving stuck up! I tried to gently caress her for FOUR YEARS and she never put out."

Yeah, men assume women are psychic and vindictive. Half the time I don't know someone had a crush on me until years later, when someone else informs me. And it's always like, what?? No one told me this when it would have been helpful.

• Locked thread