Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the problem with incels who are all butthurt about sexual marketplace dynamics is not that they can't get laid, it's that they won't 'deign to lower their standards.'

Most of them are literally: "I want a 9 or 10 and everything else is beneath me. Also, he or she must be funny, intelligent, interesting, have cool hobbies, cook, clean, and generally be more or less perfect." They may not say that outright, but deep down in their squirmy hearts it is true.

Then they are sad because they have nothing even remotely close to that to offer in return (in fact most of the time their hobbies are 'plays videogames, smokes weed') and the .01% of the population that is their ideal wants nothing to do with them because why would they?

don't tell me you can't find someone to gently caress, that's bullshit. you just want someone that you aren't willing to put the effort in to get and then you blame it on 'oh I just don't have tons of cash.'

applies to both men and women.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I guess people who are legit disfigured or super ugly might have a pass on that (but even then bro it's not impossible) but generally the people I see whining are some average looking white people who absolutely could get laid if they loosened up a bit

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

Here's a good one from the female side

It's probably a piece of cake that is going to give you the shits later and then gently caress your best friend, but yes, only listen to your heart

idk i thought it was decent advice

basically 'gently caress the haters trust your instincts'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when I was in high school, prolly around 16, I realized 'hey, just stop worrying so much and work on yourself bc you're awesome' and seriously it was like flipping a switch.

girls, hot and popular girls, suddenly would speak to me and laugh at my jokes in class. I got invited to parties. my social life flourished. It's amazing the effect that it has on other people when you decide you don't need their validation and just do you. I didn't even really change my wardrobe or style up or anything - it was just an attitude adjustment. Then, since I was at ease with people, I get better and better at small talk and idle chat and seeming like a good listener and flirting. That poo poo is all just practice and trial/error.

Women can smell desperation from a mile away and whining on the internet about how no one will touch your D only makes it 10x worse.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure there's a lot more to that we aren't seeing but just out of context that makes her sound like a bitch lol

Ocrassus posted:

I was out with a friend and his work colleague (easy 8/10) and I asked her a question; hypothetically if women were a good deal stronger than men rather than vice versa, how would the world be different?

She said all the men would be locked up in cages and they would just take the fertilising fluid mechanically as and when they needed, no sex for men. I was surprised but she informed me that women are by far the more evil sex. I ran this past another female friend and she agreed that this was a plausible scenario.

I therefore choose to believe that MRAs are actually correct and we should all Go Our Own Way to free ourselves of the influence of these succubi.

not really I was rock hard the whole time

sounds like one or both of them was down for some BDSM action and you blew it to go post on SA instead

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
women and men are equally hosed up sexually, it's just that women can't be as overt about it because society frowns on that

there's all kinds on both sides

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 25, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one time I was making out with some girl at a rave and she wanted to go gently caress and I was like 'I have no condoms' and she said 'so?' and I was like 'you're hot but you're not that hot lol plus I'm rolling balls I dunno if I could even get it up' (that was a lie but I was trying to be nice) and she said she was fine but then she shot me nasty looks the rest of the night.

idk where we would have even hosed anyway

e: i shoulda hosed her tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in retrospect the jungle room was pretty darkly lit

idk we woulda figured it out but I really shoulda had condoms on me *sigh*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

thats just some restaurant drama poo poo my dude

for real tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CubanMissile posted:

A server I work with

Front of house is nuts bro you shouldn't need us to tell you that.

i believe she wasn't lying but lol yea that is indeed some restaurant drama poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i broke up with a girl in HS because she dropped the 'i love you' after 3-4 weeks and it spooked me (I did take her virginity I guess tbf) but in retrospect she was pretty great at hooking up and I shouldn'ta torpedo'd it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Don Tacorleone posted:

What is this American fear of "I love you" ? Is it like saying you're getting married

well I was 16-17, at the time it seems like a pretty big deal idk

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

subhuman filth posted:

its also not unusual for women to date a generation above them, or for older men to dump their wives and date a generation below. This basically never happens in reverse.

nah cougars exist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
as a male sometimes I wish I could meet these people irl so I could inflict the physical violence on them that they so desperately need but I can't seem to spot them in the wild very well

"good guy would agree with me that if you are a bitch you deserve abuse" what the gently caress lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I feel a bit of an uncomfortable twinge over the make-up one, because I have always preferred women with little or no make-up. At least it is balanced by me being a huge rear end in a top hat who has had plenty of sex, I guess.

as long as you're not telling all women to not wear as much makeup bc that's what you personally find attractive it's fine imo

can't help what you like, just don't expect women to cater to you is all.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CubanMissile posted:

I just don't understand why they all wear fadoras. Did they have a meeting or something? Was like the leader Nice Guy going on a mall trip with his best friend girl and she said "You'd look really cool in this hat" and then later he got a kiss on the cheek so the story trickled down to the lesser castes?

i think I know, only if bc I wore a fedora for a bit in HS before redditors blew it the gently caress up (baseball caps never looked good on me and I wanted to wear a hat)

it's bc they are men's hats that aren't baseball caps and also tons of classy looking dudes wore them decades ago so these dudes think all they gotta do is pop a fedora on and they'll be super suave

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"You look so great when you don't wear makeup!"

"...." *has flawless looking skin with 0 blemishes because of an expensive foundation* "... thanks"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I didn't know foundation was a thing until I blurted out "wow your skin looks amazing!" to some pink-haired nerd chick in the 8th grade. she was pretty embarrassed and I'm embarrassed now looking back on it

nah that's fine

a bit awkward to blurt out but there's a difference between that and 'oh you look great without make up you should wear it less often' even though the woman has make up on that you just don't notice bc she applied it well

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The only time I think I have ever mentioned it was after I was already involved with the girl in question, and mostly in the form of comments like "I like seeing you without any make-up" when they already aren't wearing any. And, like I said, the women I've been involved with didn't tend to use much to begin with.

As an aside I grew up in a theater family, so was also used to make-up being a thing you did before going on stage. That might have colored my perceptions of the whole thing a bit, too.

like most things, context matters a lot

I'm mostly just commenting on the 'nice guy' types that are all 'women should wear less makeup they look whore-ish and i'm stupid' with broad sweeping generalizations and an implicit expectation that women are there to look pretty for him so they better listen up

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CubanMissile posted:

I guess you're right, but guys like Don Draper and Indiana Jones wore much bigger fedoras. I've never seen any male on tv or anywhere else look awesome in the little ones. Maybe the Rat Pack I guess? Is that who they're modeling themselves after? The only Nice Guys I see wearing the big ones usually pair it with a trench coat and end up looking like Van Helsing. At least trench coats I can sort of understand. The Matrix people looked cool in trench coats so if you're into that poo poo it's not a huge stretch to want to look like them. They just don't understand context. I'd like to look like Han Solo but I'm not a space smuggler. No one ever looked cool in plaid cargos and a fedora though.

all I can really say is afaik most fedoras are '1 size fits all' so if you're a fat with a big head yeah it's gonna look weird

it's more the 'hard boiled detective' look but you're right, without the rest of the suit it looks disjointed and dumb. I at least had the awareness to wear slacks and blazers or decent shirts with the fancy hat (not that I didn't still look like a loving nerd bc no 14-15 year old is pulling that look off)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it would be cool if there were more men's hats to wear that were acceptable that are not baseball caps but sadly any resurgence the fedora/trilby might have had was immediately squashed by MRA redditors

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think girls can wear them, too.

yeah

actually the best part of my fedora was when girls would snatch it off my head to wear and then I'd be all faux 'give it baaaack' (but again important to remember this was BEFORE reddit got wind of it so the hat didn't come with the baggage)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Troposphere posted:

just wear a cool snapback nerds

they just do not look good on me for whatever reason. must have an oddly shaped head i guess

I wore em for a bit (GenX sold that poo poo for cheeeaaap) but eh.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RobattoJesus posted:

I'm not really surprised moridin not only wore a fedora, but wore a fedora before it was cool.

if you really want a laugh I only did it because some other kid wore a top hat all the time and his nickname was 'tophat' and was fairly popular so I was like 'why does he get to have the only cool hat'

:)

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 28, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this seemed relevant:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you look as good as brad pitt, you too can pull the look off

but unfortunately, you do not

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

ithikn hurting people physically is bad

yeah usually but sometimes people just need a right good thrashing imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Ha ha it's awesome to bring up violence against women and then have the "what about men!!!" crowd jump out, and then I can remember why I normally don't feel that bad for men in the first place.

except you joked about the worst man being a murderer and the worst woman just being kinda bitchy when in reality 1/3rd of physical abuse victims are men

normally I'd agree that it's dumb for men to be all 'but not ALL men' or whatever but that was just kinda :rolleyes: sorry

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

In the context of making early dating/courtship decisions and opening up to new people though I think it is fair to say that the threat of violence is a far more valid and active concern for women than it is for men, which is what I think pick was getting at to begin with. When it comes to meeting new people women have to worry about that much more, which makes them more selective with who they meet than a man is likely to be.

yeah that's fair enough

subhuman filth posted:

that may be true for you but there are a tooon of not-desperate women out there who enter relationships willingly and happily with guys who punch holes in walls, throw things during arguments, etc.

eh I've thrown some sunglasses at the wall in a moment of frustration before, is it really that crazy?

not like at another person obv

e: i guess context matters because you're probably talking about dudes throwing poo poo around and being raging bulls and screaming/yelling and I'm just talking about like 'aaaaggghhhhh my loving car got towed damnit!' *throws sunglasses*

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 28, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer posted:

I don't throw things when I'm angry because I'm an adult who can express his emotions in healthy ways.

yeah alright check out Master Jedi over here who is always in 100% control of his human nature

sorry bro my car got towed after I was told I'd be fine to park there by an employee in the management office and I couldn't afford the $350 tow fee at that moment in time and they were going to tack on another $50/day and I was scared I was going to lose my car I just bought and in a moment of frustration/panic/anger I threw a thing and got pouty

doesn't mean I'm going to beat on people

e: and I see how if during an argument the man is throwing poo poo around and being a bull in a china shop that could be threatening, that's not what I'm talking about

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm sorry I'ma just drop it and

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why can't I get a gf? GOD I HATE WOMEN

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you get corrective surgery you better inform future mates bc otherwise you are just lying and misrepresenting yourself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

darkhand posted:

drat women really think about the threat of violence like that during dates? Seems insane to me, maybe that's my male privilege, loving awesome

they do, and given the amount of loving psychos out there who won't take no for an answer it seems totally plausible

these people freaking out on Reddit/Tumblr whatever that we're all screenshotting and laughing at? Get a few drinks in them and they're like that in real life and what is cringy and annoying online quickly becomes threatening.

I feel like Jonny pulls it off despite the fedora, not because of

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
DF is pretty much the best game it's true

one of these things is not like the others

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ratjaculation posted:

mordin you have saved the thread, how can i ever repay you?

please keep in mind that i only view you as a friend tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fedoras are kind of an enigma bc somehow this fat mobster can pull it off:

but then like

:synpa:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.

Female privilege is being able to decide not to have a child.

Female privilege is never being told to “take it like a man” or “man up.”

Female privilege is being favored by teachers in elementary, middle and high school. Female privilege is graduating high school more often, being accepted to more colleges, and generally being encouraged and supported along the way.

Female privilege being able to have an opinion without someone tell you you’re just “a butthurt fedora-wearing neckbeard who can’t get any.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

its because one of those pics is of a successful powerful man and the other is a dweeb

• Locked thread