Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Necc0 posted:

learning how to spot these guys early is a critical skill to develop in college

One of my "best friends" in college was this guy who swore that he didn't want any kind of relationship with me. For years. He made it so clear when we first met, so I believed him. We would go to the gym every day and we'd go to minigolf or the movies or out to Applebee's or some such place at least every other week. He was also huge into going to places for poetry readings and coffee shops. He was so adamant about not wanting a girlfriend but not fitting in with guys, and after a couple years he told me how he'd never been attracted to girls and had never gotten an erection over a girl. By then we were really close and I assumed this was sort of a clumsy trial run for coming out (this was the early 2000's in the South), because he used to always love to help one of my friends with braiding and styling her really long hair, and he used to always suggest things like calling a bunch of girls over to watch romantic comedies, and whenever a girl from my social circle had a relationship end, he would always want to have everyone get together and drink wine and make fun of the offending ex.

There was no real big dramatic ending except one day a year or so after we graduated my brother told me he ran into Tyler in a bar downtown. He said that he recognized him from my Facebook and he introduced himself, and Tyler blew up right away and said "Dude your sister is so loving stuck up! I tried to gently caress her for FOUR YEARS and she never put out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
What's weird about this guy was that I guess he liked me pretty quick after we met, but he went out of his way to tell me he had never had interest in girls. That sort of tossed him out of the dating pool. Maybe he thought that if I thought he wasn't interested in girls, I'd be comfortable changing in front of him or something? My bro knew some guy who swore that if you pretended to be gay, Christian girls would take it as a challenge to "convert" you back with sex. I think I remember a movie in the 90's where Chandler from friends pretended to be gay to get girls. That may have had something to do with it.

edit:

PallasAthene fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 25, 2016

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Opposite Land: A girl I hung out with in highschool and early university who I thought I was really good friends with turned out to have a thing for me but never made a move. I found out years later from a mutual friend and was like "drat... I would have gone for that! :("

We should set them up. Does she like California rolls, strawberry & cream Frappucinos, and inviting all my female friends over for all night Sex & the City dvd parties?

Pick posted:

If women minded disfigurement that much, the inheritable ones wouldn't exist. My grandfather looked like someone stretch armstrong'd loving doug jones and his wife (my grandmother) still married him and they were together until he died in his 40s.

One of my dad's uncles was a aerial gunner who had to bail out of a B-24 that got almost cut in half by flack. He had bad facial scarring, including one from the outside edge of his eyebrow, through the eye (it was all white like something out of a horror movie) and down to the corner of his lip. On top of that, the wind caught his parachute when he was still 50-60 feet above and blew him into a tree branch hard enough to break his thigh. The medical system in the POW camp was less than stellar, so he ended up with a permanent limp. But he met, courted, and married my aunt AFTER the war, and she was pretty hot in all the pictures of them from back in the 40's and 50's. I think personality has a lot to do in these situations.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

I used to think girls were all super chill about sex and not creepy at all. If you want to hold on to that belief then never, ever turn them down after you're alone with them and they're actively trying to sleep with you. I've only done it twice, once because I know she hosed a lot of guys and I realized I didn't have any condoms, and once because I was so drunk I was getting cold sweats and was going vomit any second. Both times resulted in complete "HOW DARE YOU, YOU MUST BE GAY!" style screaming meltdowns. It was weird to discover there are girls who think they are 100% owed sex once they decide to let you in their pants.

I have a coworker who says she doesn't particularly enjoy sex with men, but she gets PISSED when a guy doesn't want it from her. Partly because it hurts her self-image and partly because that's how she manipulates dudes into buying her stuff.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

sounds like a bitch to me

100% accurate. Any guy who doesn't want to crawl through broken glass to throw the meat at her must be a loving human being, probably too busy sucking dick to pick up his phone, because I do yoga every day, run 20 miles a week to keep in shape, been on paleo diet for six years, WHO WOULDN'T WANT THIS?!?!?!?!?! [Puts one hand on her hip and motions at her tits, stomach and crotch with the other.] A loving QUEER, THAT'S WHO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Girls can freak out about not getting sex just as bad as guys can. Probably different root causes though.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Seeing a woman melt down about not getting sex is basically 100% pure distilled schadenfreude to a nice guy.

Until she starts throwing around the old "Well maybe I can just get it from someone else right now" bit. This chick got pissed off at a long-term-live-in boyfriend because she felt like he was losing interest in loving her around the time she wanted a new car, so she hosed his brother. When he got pissed off, her brilliant plan was to win him back by crying while she said sorry, then dazzling him with her amazing sexual skills, "all the weird stuff he likes that I only do on his birthday, like doggy style and me on top" and when that didn't work, she hosed his brother and texted him pictures.

He had a lovely girlfriend and a lovely brother. She never got a new car, but he got a new girlfriend a few months ago who is really nice.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Drunk & Ugly posted:

women w/out sex are just like men, they get angry and vindictive and gently caress the first thing to come along, its just easier for women. that's life get over it and go have sex or kill yourself

But I've never seen a girl get pissed and gently caress the male best friend they have to help carry their groceries in. It's always a carbon copy of the dude they're pissed at.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Drunk & Ugly posted:

what do you mean "but", thts exactly what i said

Sorry, I thought you meant they just jumped into bed with the Nice Guy who has been puppy dogging them for years to spite the boyfriend that Nice Guy has been trying to strike down forever.

edit:

Necc0 posted:

i don't think i'd be able to not laugh at her for calling doggy style 'weird stuff' and thinking holding it back is some sort of treat

Haha yeah, dudes always get wound up when she posts weekly yoga pictures of herself pretty much twisted into a pretzel, but one time she told a bunch of us girls in the break room that she keeps her sex life to "Once weekly, half an hour in missionary position and then separate showers" unless she's punishing the guy or she wants him to buy her something expensive.

PallasAthene fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 25, 2016

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

My brother is in town for our birthday and we were killing time at one of those Dave & Busters ripoff type place that happened to have mini golf. For some reason that place must be a high school Nice Guy magnet, because there were all kinds of pretty young girls playing minigolf with chunky and pasty fedora-and-cargo-shorts dudes. It was kind of sad watching the look on one dude's face when the girl he was with started flirting with the guy who hands out out the putters and golf balls (he had early 20's motorcycle vibe). They had one of those photo booths that cycles through the recent pictures it's taking on a screen outside, and it was a sad repository of hoverhands and girls who are oblivious of a person standing right next to them.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Carmant posted:

that sounds like a really exciting birthday

Our birthday is on Thursday.

also buzzed minigolf has been a tradition for us since we were in the Air Force.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

"May-December romance."

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Those text overlay type pictures always bother me, because they frequently use a picture that has been floating around in cringe/ugly threads without the text. Which means some physically ugly but not necessarily bad person is getting slandered with either made up text or text that comes from someone else in order to add a visual component to a strawman. I've seen the same nerds picture get used for both atheists are ugly and fake okcupid profile memes, so they are getting owned in several different ways unrelated to anything they are actually responsible for.

Not only this, but there are some guys who are genuinely nice. We just never hear about them because they don't go on rants when the girls don't like them back.

Wow Merle and Daryl Dixon's great grandfather was a biker too.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Carmant posted:

Those guys would all be ugly and alone even if they werent "nice". We should just leave them be.

The one in the white tie looks like Dan Ackroyd at age 55. Ray Stantz gets girls, doesn't he? Figure out what he does.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

KomodoWagon posted:

One hyper fat kid in my high school used to wear a plain grey t-shirt that said "LOCAL SPORTS TEAM" and every drat time he wore it he'd talk about how dumb people are for liking sports until one girl he'd been pulling the nice guy routine on told him "maybe if you were more open to enjoying sports, you wouldn't be such a fat sack of poo poo." He just took it like a bitch, sat in complete silence, and pretended tears weren't welling in his eyes. It was glorious.

He never did wear it after that, but also never got into sports afaik.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/its-time-be/

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

The crazy thing about the female-on-male domestic violence is that when its bad, most people can't respond with anything but WTF? so it seems kind of hard for men to get help when its happening. One of my friends recently went through a long divorce against a crazy wife who didn't want to get divorced, and he pretty much lived on various couches for most of it because his wife would go into rages and either throw poo poo at him or scratch, bite and slap him. He said every time he called the cops over the attacks so he could get that stuff on paper, they automatically cuffed him first, and when they realized he was the victim, they would get super amused. If it were more common that probably wouldn't be the case. But at the same time, just because some bad poo poo happens to some guys doesn't mean we should ignore the same thing when it happens to women...or vice versa.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

fedoras are kind of an enigma bc somehow this fat mobster can pull it off:

but then like

:synpa:

It's like the combat boots/5.11 tactical pants combo. You can tell at one glance who should be wearing it and who shouldn't.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

So I guess if I was dating gbs I might be a danger.

Can you imagine what a cartoon waifu version of GBS would look like?

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

that ebola girl

not enough of a basement dweller.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

darkhand posted:

I'm not sure it's really lack of confidence because a lot of these guys have no problem waking around with really cringey stuff in public. Seems more fear of rejection. They don't ask a girl out they just do "nice" things. They don't try to initiate anything flirty because they see it as douchey. And they hate "douchebags" that ask girls out.

CarForumPoster posted:

The dudes I know who fall in to that "nice guy role" (though not as severely as some of the examples in this thread) never accepted/embraced that. Every example is some dude who graduated college 3-4 years late or didnt graduate. Doesn't really challenge himself. Likes every girl he meets but pretends like he doesn't. Insists he can't dance but never took classes. Asks out 3-4 girls per year, tops.

Has anyone else ever heard the line from a nice guy that they "respect a girl too much" to ask her out and make her decide, or they "value their friendship too much" to ruin it with the possibility of romance? It's kind of weird because whenever I've heard that, it's from some dude who is fixated on some girl in my social circle, and it's obvious to everyone but the object of their affections. And it's usually not a core friend, it's some random guy who met her and sort of wants to go everywhere with her, but doesn't ask her out. Most the guys I hang out with have a relatively short window when they meet a girl who they spend a lot of time with where they'd start a serious relationship with them. If it doesn't click after a few weeks, they get over it or move on, and the girl just becomes a friend. I can't really think of too many times where I've seen irl Ross and Rachel situations with people I know.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Pick posted:

He still loses. Try volunteering with hospice. The men who are alone, and are dying alone, express a regret that you can't even imagine.

I used to volunteer at a veteran's home, and there always seemed to be a HUGE difference in lifetime satisfaction between the widowers and the guys who never married. :smith:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

Do you mean the never married guys are happier somehow? :unsmith:

It was the other way around, at least in my experience. A lot of them had sort of become bitter assholes, but the most heartbreaking ones were the friendly, likeable old guys who had never had time for a family for whatever reasons and they outlived their siblings and ended up completely alone.

Celery Face posted:

Right after I mentioned that my friends and I used to go out dancing at this popular nightclub, he said that all the girls there are sluts who want to be raped.

I like how some guys think that girls are vestal virgins staying home on weekends waiting for Mr. Right to just swoop into their life, but as soon as they get a stain on that pure white soul, then all they have on their mind is getting drilled, like some kind of walking dead revenant stumbling around looking desperately for whatever dong is available.

Rutibex posted:

if you take Red Pill and continue the celibacy strategy eventually it can evolve into its final form: MGTOW

Do true MGTOW's stay celibate on purpose, like a monk, or do they just not want a relationship? I've seen online videos where MGTOW's brag about loving women they meet at bars then never talking to them again, but it seems like if you're putting the effort to go get laid on a weekly basis, you're not really going your own way.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Lol just lol if your a guy and think your cool cause you ride a motorcycle and have a gun on your hip.

Your so loving cool man.

It's not the motorcycle, its having the right sunglasses to wear while riding it that make you cool. (Goes without saying that only nerds wear helmets.)

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

hmm I feel like perhaps you do not know what androgynous means

My first thought was the enemy king from 300.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Spatial posted:

"I would've beaten him up but he was too big."

When I was in high school, one of my friends didn't like this guy I went out with for a while, and one of his complaints about the guy was "The only reason he has all those muscles is because he spends all kinds of time at the gym! He's not just like that normally! If he stopped working out then he wouldn't look like that!

Apparently an hour and a half of weight training every other day with jogging days in between is "all kinds of time at the gym."

dog buttz posted:

We also had a fat girl who would sit back and spread her legs letting the smell of her rancid vagina hit anyone sitting near her

W?T?F???? How the gently caress does that even happen? :barf:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

dog buttz posted:

drat, I had a friend say almost the same thing about me. I worked an outdoors physical labor job the summer I was seventeen and when school was back in, some of my friends were commenting on my weight loss and tan. One really insecure friend said "So what? It's only because he was working outside all summer." Uh.

The thing is, barring some actual physical handicap, most people could do the same. You got in shape working outdoors? Your buddy could have picked up on that idea and volunteered to clear trails in a state/national forest or something on weekends and he would have had the same thing happen.

Pick posted:

I once complimented someone's baby, but it turns out it was a watermelon.

I once congratulated someone for her (unborn) baby, but it turned out to be an unfortunate deposit of abdominal fat on an otherwise thin lady.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

subhuman filth posted:

"This is my rape knife. I use it when i perform my many aggravated sexual assaults"

I know a few girls who would invite you in after that.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Zorodius posted:

do they have rape knives?

They have one of those magnetic strips for kitchen knives on the wall by the bed in case dudes need the use of both hands.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Rutibex posted:

can poo poo on laborers if I work for the government?

Only if you're in the Inner Party. If you're some random Winston Smith, you're just a step above the rest of the Proles.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

This thread is making me reevaluate every friendship I've ever had with a male and worry about whether he was just playing a covert long game, or if I was somehow unknowingly taking advantage of him.

If a platonic male friend brings me coffee in the morning, but I bring him frozen yogurt after lunch, do I still owe him sex to make sure that I've not using him as a beta resource-provider?

quote:

"I have a sexually transmitted disease."
Appropriate answer: "Me too. Let's trade." :grin:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

And what about unsolicited dick pics? “They want to see your dick,” insists Adam, 23, a male model in New York. “They get excited from it. They’re like, ‘Oh my God, you’re huge.’ ”

I have a friend who dates fairly often and sometimes gets sent a dick pic a few hours before a first date. Her policy is to find a picture of a bigger dick and send it back saying "Cool, you're almost as big as my last b/f! We might be able to make this work!!!" and if the guy doesn't call it off right there, she just no show for the date.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

Get her super horny so she'll gently caress you for sure once you show up (can't wait to put the dick in her mouth)

I get the feeling that a decent amount of those guys get off on the act of sending the pictures more than anything that may happen as a result. Kind of like a toned-down version of the trenchcoat flasher, but with the ability to text "My bad, that was for someone else" if it isn't well received.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Power move:

Spend enough time and effort pair-bonding with me that by the time I see your body/junk in person, I'm willing to overlook any shortcomings, real or imagined.

:swoon:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Another funny thing about unsolicited dick pics; if you go fishing in public water, sooner or later you'll see some redneck catch a two pound bass, have his buddy hold the camera just close enough to the fish to get it all in the frame, then stretch his arm straight out while hiding it behind the fish so that his body and face are as far away from the fish as possible. The result is that the fish looks huge--at least to the untrained eye.

I've gotten a few pics I didn't ask for from coworker/classmates that had the same level of camera trickery. I swear one guy was standing the edge of a bed or something with shoes set on the floor so it looked SOOOOOO HUUUUUGE in comparison. Except his legs would have had to have been five feet tall.

Another time I was in class and some dbag texted me a picture of a dick with a dime balance on it. I just texted back "You should have left the dime out. It's not doing you any favors." and right away he said "That's a quarter."

My response: "No, that's a dime. You can see the torch and olive branch."

Final response: "No. It's a state quarter. This pic wasn't even supposed to be for you anyways. Leave me alone."

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

lol the coworker was an 18 year old kid I supervised in the AF, and when I didn't fall into his arms after seeing that picture, he became terrified of me. The dude in college got my number off a study group list and kind of became a pain in the rear end after that by trying to cut me out of group projects....I guess I deserved it for being such a :smug: aspie about a little loose change.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

radiatinglines posted:

I think the ultimate nice guy music would be slow instrumental rock with orchestral backing a la explosions in the sky

Hey There Delilah or that 1234 song by the Plain White T's.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Pick posted:

a "What, are you going to walk home?"

It's the implication.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

To put it simply, people that were raised by anime and 80s movies were taught that "no" just means "not yet"

Towards the end of high school, some guy who was in my social circle and knew I was into martial arts invited me to come over to his house and see this "really cool Japanese show that I know you'll love!" When I got there, we made pleasantries, he was super hyped to be hanging out, and then we sat on the couch and he put on a grainy homemade subtitled version of Love Hina, sprayed some Binaca into his mouth and then tried to make out with me. I say make out because he didn't so much try to kiss me as launch himself onto me and force his tongue into my mouth. I pushed him off and asked him what the hell he was thinking and he immediately burst into tears and started trying to explain, "I'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRY, I THOUGHT YOU LIKED ME!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT! WHY WOULD YOU COME HERE IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE ME???? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAT DOWN ON THE COUCH WITH ME! MY DAD SAID I HAD TO BE MORE ASSERTIVE WITH GIRLS OR I'D NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND! PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE! THEY'LL NEVER STOP LAUGHING AT ME!"

The funny thing about it (looking back now) was that his rant was pretty much exactly like one of the millions of shouting episodes the main character on that anime does. The only way it could have been closer would be if he'd had a bloody nose at the same time he was crying. I told him I would't tell anyone about what he tried or the sobbing afterwards, and he dried off his eyes and apologized and I said it was just a misunderstanding, and I was going to go, but there were no hard feelings, then he stood up and tried to kiss me again. I kneed him in the stomach or groin and he fell down, and this time I just ran though the door and out to my car, and he followed me yelling "I'm SORRY! I thought you were starting to like me! Just be my girlfriend, OKAY! Everyone at school thinks your a lesbian and you have threesomes with your brother and his girlfriend [throughout high school I used to hang out with my twin brother and his girlfriend, who lived across the street from us] but if you go out with me I'll tell them that's not true! Please! Pleeeeeeaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" But by then I was in backing out of his driveway while he stood there crying and yelled "Come back!!!!"

I never felt in danger though, just really grossed out. It was awkward at school for a few weeks since we had a bunch of classes together, but then we got a new girl who was Japanese, and he stopped trying to talk to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

drat, I've never had anyone storm the kitchen like that and I thought I'd seen it all after the day someone poo poo on the floor on one end of the restaurant while I broke up a fight on the other end.

My cousin's boyfriend did this once because he felt they were taking too long, and it was extremely embarrassing for everyone else at the table. I didn't even eat because I was sure they would spit in our food. Are any kitchen employees able to confirm/deny if that kind of things happen?

• Locked thread