Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
TRP told me to treat my girlfriend like a literal dog and then she got mad and we broke up and somehow everyone at work thinks I'm the bad guy. Curse you, matriarchy! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

KomodoWagon posted:

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Is this the Dilbert guy?

Sure is. He's grade-A batty. Read his endorsement of Hillary Clinton if you want a good introduction.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BillmasterCozb posted:

well there's your problem, he likes Clinton!

It's so much better than that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

trash person posted:

I used to be a 'nice guy' up until I was 26. That's when I lost about a hundred and sixty pounds. I was always good with people, just the lady-talkin skills didn't come until I found my confidence after the weight loss.

I was never the bitter guy though; I never blamed the girl always myself. Less the angry bitterness and more the angry self-indulgent pity party poo poo.

Oh no, are you still a Nice Guy if you're just plain ol' bad at talkin to ladies? :ohdear:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was also Retardicus in like middle school when a girl who was cute and cool and all explicitly flirted with me for nearly a year. There was also a girl who was into me during my first year of university, but by the time I picked up on it I already had a secret Canadian girlfriend.

fits my needs posted:

How vulgar! I would never treat you that way. Hehe

I could have done a much better job protecting you if you'd let me!

Hehe

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Rorschach is cool and good in the context of being an obviously broken fictional character. It's hosed up to idolize and emulate him but there's nothin wrong with liking the guy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'll be honest, I don't get the undone bow tie. Is that a look?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Am I a bad person if I kinda want to enslave that dude? Like just for a couple weeks or so. :ohdear:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Steve Buschemi may be a frog-faced weirdo, but he's cute as heck. You don't have to be conventionally attractive to be attractive. Same for guys like Bandersnatch Cummerbund. He may have a squinty llama-face, but he oozes raw charisma wherever I see him.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Isn't ladder theory just the idea that both men and women seek partners who are healthy, attractive, interesting and exciting? But made into autistic beep boop bullshit where it's good for the man to want these things in a partner but the same desire makes women all dirty whores?

I'm sure there's several variations, but the one I've seen is a pretty good condensation of all the ways in which Nice Guys fail to comprehend social interaction.

Basically dudes have a "ladder," where each individual rung represents a woman they know. A guy is willing to sleep with any woman he knows, naturally, but it might be begrudgingly in case of the women at the bottom of the ladder. Also you have a biological imperative to dump whoever you're seeing if you have the option of being with someone higher up the ladder (i.e. hotter). Guys who subscribe to ladder theory would be total douches if they ever actually got laid.

Ladies though, oh boy, ladies have two ladders! There's the gently caress ladder, which is the same as a dude's and runs the gamut from Chad Thundercock at the top to that weird frog-faced dude who still gets inexplicably more action than you at the bottom. Women will also dump anyone for a jump at Chad Thundercock and that's bitchy and whorey of course, but that isn't even the worst part.

There's also a friend ladder which contains guys she will never, ever sleep with. Men don't have one of those since they are interested in sleeping with any woman in their social circle at all times, naturally. If a guy is on the friend ladder there's no way off, no matter how many kindness coins he invests in a lady. I'm a bit spotty on the mechanics of how one is placed on the ladder, but it seems to be either something that happens naturally if you spend too much time being nice to a women instead of a douche, or something that happens within the first five minutes of interaction if you use the wrong pick-up line. Either way, the reason she won't have sex with you is due to a fundamental flaw in the female psyche, rather than any personal fault of yours.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Bored posted:

Shouldn't that be, like, a bench? Or a sofa. I mean, it doesn't sound like there is really any kind of scale if she will never gently caress them.

Oh no, it's still exhaustively tiered. Like you can earn friendship points to increase your rating, like when you give gifts in Harvest Moon, or how Cloud goes on a date with whomever he's used the most healing items/correct dialog choices on in FFVII. Generally assume that real life relationships are mechanically the same as video game relationships.

E: If you've ever read an interview with a rapist (of the dark alley and knife flavor), it is pretty much exactly what that guy is saying. That's legit scary.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 7, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
When I was 14 and trying to establish my own identity, I also thought being ostentatiously sesquipedalian was the best way to show other people how smart I was. I think it's a general trend for the people on display that they never really matured past early teenagehood.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
And we shouldn't dump too hard on clavicles neither. I've definitely seen ladies with some foine collarbones.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Basically every guy on the spectrum is either spoiled and smothered to an extremely unhealthy degree, or they absolutely abhor their mothers due to actual abuse or severe brokebrains. I've never seen anyone describe a normal healthy relationship with their mother.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's so unfair that well-groomed, confident men who work out and are in good shape get more action than the out of shape awkward goonlings like me, who are really sweet guys on the inside and would totally love and cherish you loving bitch cumslut whores if only you'd let us.

E: Dude is hell of virginal

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

NomChompsky posted:

I see a lot of talkin about nice guys but where are the actual nice guys surely we've got a few who could be rollin around in here.

I'm terrible at talking to attractive ladies but I don't resent them for not giving me sex. I think the thread christened this kind of behavior as "Retardicus" tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There may well be a time and place where it's admirable to admit you're super anxious, but using action asterisks on a public Facebook post is fo deff not it.

• Locked thread