Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I once asked an old friend about what I could do when I visited a new town for a job interview, so I had only like a day to go around. She recommended I go on Tinder dates, as apparently she goes on to a "few" dates every time she travels. She couldn't understand how I can swipe right indiscriminately thousands of times and get only 2 matches, both of whom turn out to be bots.

She probably has to deal with a lot of shitheads, of course. But at least dealing with shitheads makes you angry at other people and helps you vent in a more healthy way, while getting zero interest from people you are attracted to turns your mind sour and makes you into a bitter rear end in a top hat unless you have some other kind of support to give you some perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

There was a time when I could have ended up like these people, but I consciously chose to blame myself instead of other people for my problems, so I ended up depressed instead of an rear end in a top hat. Depression can be managed or even be cured; being an rear end in a top hat is usually terminal.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Pick posted:

I once complimented someone's baby, but it turns out it was a watermelon.

• Locked thread