Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Yes let's just submerge a 500w industrial strength vibrator in the ocean so dolphins can gently caress it lol

Didn't the Navy already do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Troposphere posted:

hmmmm I wonder why women would be brutal to other women about fitting into social norms

Penis envy? :shrug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

grils always tryna vying 2b queen bee of the baesphere, like I gotcha I hear ya ladies

But no really why or how is it that women get most brutal about gender norms? Guys can and do too but I suppose they ostracize and compete in slightly different ways.

Seriously, internalized oppression can manifest in many forms, and being vicious about social norms is just one of them.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Renting out an entire restaurant for anything besides an anniversary, or proposal (not six months after meeting either) seems weird. I would be so freaked out and nervous.

Am I the only person who doesn't think about who is paying what on the bill until it's time to actually pay? And then I'm just like "do you want to split it or I can pay it all or we can figure out exactly how much mine cost..." with a grin to indicate I don't care who pays for what? Is that weird? Have I offended people by doing this?
Or guys, at least? Ladydates always seem more chill but that could be in my head

I think I always just tried to be prepared to pay for everything if I needed to and then otherwise just figure it out on the fly. Having strong expectations one way or another, much less getting butthurt if I wasn't allowed to pay for everything, would never occur to me.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Horse girls/women are the worst people on the planet, Pick

The fact that you don't know that tells me you are a wacko

I have known worse people that horse girls/women, but then again I used to be a fairly questionable person in general.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Troposphere posted:

I knew a girl who masturbated naked with a pvc pipe with a balloon filled with white paint attached to it in front of an entire classroom

art school

Weird, that sounds more like a math class.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

I understood none of this, yet hate everyone involved.

Terrible nerd accuses CrossFit chick of fatshaming by omission, at least as far as I could tell. Hating everyone involved is definitely a good reaction.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have a couple of baseball caps, a stocking cap, a Chinese Communist hat, and some weird wool hipster winter hat thing that I had my girlfriend cut the weird dangly bits off of.

I almost never wear any of them.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

A coworker just called football "sports ball" when I asked if he wanted to join our fantasy football league. Whats the overlap of "nice guy" to "total dweeb-rear end"?

How mad did his rejection make you? That is really the determining factor here.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I was with a girl for the first time last year, and it didn't last long. Just not much in common apart from being the only two people in shared classes. And she never really wanted to do anything, with anyone, so it got boring. One time she forgot her birth control pills and was absolutely loopy for a week, and it was after that I decided to cut it off. Just wasn't that fun.

Well, that was boring.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Meh, I haven't had a lot of problems making adjustments to my diet in order to make things easier in a relationship. My ex-wife was avoiding red meat when we first got married, and that was easy enough for me to give up. Reasonable accommodations are just that - reasonable.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It's probably easier for me because I am not a terribly picky eater. I can find something at just about any restaurant, like spicy food, and will try pretty much any cuisine.

Miracle Whip and blue cheese are dealbreakers, though. If you like either of those then I question your actual humanity.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I forgot sweet pickles - they are perhaps an even bigger abomination than Miracle Whip and blue cheese.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tumble posted:

I love how in threads people always attempt to justify why they can't eat the most basic foods like tomatoes or cucumbers, or even mayo on a sandwich.

If it's not a medically diagnosed food allergy, you're a huge pussy if you can't eat something regularly sold at a supermarket.

If you can't handle raw onion or tomatoes your parents failed you badly. But make no mistake, it's still your fault.

Harsh, but fair. As long as you don't consider Miracle Whip, blue cheese, or sweet pickles to be edible.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

source your quotes

If that's not from Reddit then I'd be surprised.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SneakyFrog posted:

:gonk:

it isnt really this hard duders just like talk and stuff but not about sex and stuff unless they start you know getting somewhat flirty jeez.

I call bullshit on that anecdote due to absence of dick pics.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Benny Harvey posted:

they don't have to. I think the due is just looking to have dead-eyed robotic sex

Go on... :stare:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm really more a fan of mixed marital arts, personally.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Decrepus posted:

That face when an old guy uses the phrase "rode hard and put away wet" and you never heard it before

Apropos of nothing, when I was a kid I thought the phrase was "rowed hard and put away wet," like a canoe not being dried off.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have intentionally mispronounced things for so long that I have to remember to pronounce them correctly. Kwez-uh-dilluh. Tor-tilluh. And the ever-popular fuh-jie-tuh.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

fappenmeister posted:

My friend loves saying the J in jalapeņos loudly anywhere we go, he makes a point of doing it in large crowds with a straight face. Ja-la-pen-oss.

I pretty much only do it amongst friends and family - I am generally pretty well-behaved in public.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

PallasAthene posted:

While he was talking I did that thing where you unconsciously pull your head back and make a face like you just got some soap in your mouth. As soon as he finished, my response was "Go away or I'll pepper spray you."

TAH-co is perfect. But when someone forces the t-sound until its somewhere between a "th" and "d" sound, it's just embarrassing for all involved.

Do you pronounce "croissant" the way its spelled in English or would you unironically say "This morning I had a sausage and egg kweh-sooone at McDonalds before work."? If so, then crescent roll is probably the way to go.

I took way too many years of French to screw up croissant without putting actual effort into it. When I actually accidentally mispronounce Spanish and Italian words it's because I'm trying to apply French pronunciation to them and it doesn't match up.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like there's a difference between just pronouncing a spanish word correctly and talking like michael scott's impersonation of a mexican and you guys are talking past each other a bit

I'm a little distracted by dogs. I think there's more of them now. :stare:

PallasAthene posted:

I'm not sure if that "kweh-soone" even approximates the correct way to say it, but I've heard people drop that into conversation while trying to put on airs. It's even funnier if it doesn't even sound close.

I can picture what you are describing. The actual pronunciation just has some sounds which are not a normal part of English, so those people trying to sound urbane without knowing how to form the sounds required end up mangling it like a toddler.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 24, 2016

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

I always hate it when women are all 'its soooooo big' because I know it's actually about average so I interpret it as them assuming I need reassurance when I really don't. It must be a really ingrained habit for women though because every girl I've ever said this to ends up messing up when switching to other descriptives, like "you have such a bi--nice dick...you have a nice dick".

While I admire your subtle attempts at manipulation, please do not post pictures of your dick.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

phasmid posted:

Sorry, but I've seen this like twenty times irl this month alone and it's making me chew through the sides of my face.

Irregardless, since it is already done it is a mute point and I could care less.

I was going to reflexively correct them but you beat me to it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

phasmid posted:

As long as you feel I acted as I should of.

I think it was the best reaction for all intensive purposes. It was in there best interests, after all.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

What the gently caress did you guys do to this thread? Where are the pictures of idiots wearing trash bags raging about being friendzoned.

Goons Going Their Own Way, which apparently is right into a dumpster fire.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

phasmid posted:

I completely sympathize with your position and I bet it's all kinds of annoying to be condescended to by people who aren't even as good at said game as you are. It's only become clear to me in the last few years just how creepy dudes can be (like, I've been creeped on at gay/straight bars and stuff, but never e-stalked). And seeing what girl friends have to put up with is a mix of pathetic and despicable. That said, you should probably get used to insensitive, dumb and just plain rude jokes because you sure as hell can't stop them.

And yes, always turn off voice chat with anyone you don't know irl. Voice chat is just how people with low wpm say stupid poo poo faster.

I honestly think less of anyone who can't type at better than 30 wpm. I can maintain 50+ wpm with zero errors, faster if I allow the occasional typo. :smug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

phasmid posted:

I can do spelling, but caps and punctuation trip me up like a bible villain in a chariot race.

I even text with proper spelling and grammar, barring those occasions when autocorrect seems to have been drinking especially hard that day.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Salty Josh posted:

Lets face it, men are pretty much apes still knuckling around. Sometimes you land a silver back who is an alpha at everything he does. This silver back may be a genuine good hearted gorilla or a huge pieces of poo poo.

Then you have the other gorillas who follow the silver back in the hopes that he may falter for a second and you can finally fight him, beat the gently caress outta him and take his stuff.

Then there are the "other" gorillas who were born socially inept, primitively speaking, and who are also physically incapable of protecting themselves let alone the group -- these are the gorillas that will never sire offspring. The saddest thing is that their legacy dies with them. Sure, they may have other redeeming qualities. Some of them make tools, others forage, some even exhibit human tendencies in building a shelter to live in but the reality is, no one wants to procreate with them.

Gorillas are not even close to a human societal structure, though. They also have tiny penises. Now that I think of it, maybe there is some kind of analogy there for nice guys.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pick posted:

It is worth going on to a website that sells high-end women's vibrators. They are never as big as men expect. It is extremely uncommon to find a truly high-quality vibrator with and insertable length of over 6 inches. Most are from 3 inches to 5 inches. Even if your penis is very small, just get a vibrating cock ring. Trust and communication, and the vibrating cock ring, are the real important dimensions.

I'm torn between being smug over the size of my dilz and just making a cheap joke about female orgasms being a myth. I'm far too nice to take either approach, though, and will instead just smile and nod knowingly.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Decrepus posted:

Horse Cock Colin is that you?

:smug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

Hahahhahaha holy poo poo Scott Adams is batshit and it's amazing. Here's that wonderfully insane endorsement:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/145456082991/my-endorsement-for-president-of-the-united-states

I can't hear his name without immediately thinking of his weird misogyny and angry sockpuppeting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pathetic little tramp posted:

From the comments on his "scared a woman in the dark parking lot to add me on facebook" post someone asked who the woman was, stepmother or biomother:

That actually makes the hover hand even creepier. :barf:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

Some are really unable to be helped but you'd be surprised at what they can do nowadays I think. I don't really think 1-2 on that scale is really representative of that many people though but yeah some people are just really unlucky.

However, I've never seen a single MGTOWer/RedPiller that looked that bad. I mean this dude with his hover hand on his mom would be fine if he got better clothes and a better haircut and stopped being so desperate (which is a bit of a catch 22 obv I know).

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

everyone likes different food. doesn't mean anyone likes rotting meat.

Why do you hate the French?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

So, what I have gathered from the most recent posts is that dude whose blog has been posted is in the running for creepiest mommy issues ever, and Cumslut1895 is a very depressed and angry sexless gibbon.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gigawhite posted:

Fetishizing amputees: not cool. Fetishizing someone for looking like a llama: ???

PROFIT

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

Fetishizing amputees has a super gross power difference involved. Llama faces aren't really the same

You almost seem like the most subtle Jon Pop rereg ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pick posted:

Eh that kind of stuff is fine provided they don't get all lovely when she doesn't put out

Sounded like some martyr-complex pseudoromantic bullshit to me, slipping the rose into the tip jar in such a way that she might have had no idea where it came from.

• Locked thread