Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Some dudes will have a girl smile at them and immediately assume they want the d, and some dudes will have a girl hanging all over them and be like "well yeah but maybe she's just being nice and doesn't actually like me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Jesus is this thread still going? What more is there to be said than "I cant believe these people are so wrong in their mindset" and "wow that guy was scary".

Can we turn this into the new general purpose r/relationships thread instead?

After the way the last r/relationships thread ended I'm not sure you want that

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Pick posted:

That's weird and sad. this thread is a pretty crazy look into the world of men. like how could you not just be able to give your friend a gift just because you appreciate him and you love him. how do men show they love each other?

I was with one of my bffs recently and we hadn't seen each other in a while so we were whippin out little gifts we'd bought for one another on a like hourly basis

As a dude I think it's really weird that for some reason you think you need gifts instead of just like, hanging out to show that you're friends with someone. Like really whipping out gifts would be super awkward, I'd rather just hang out and drink beers or go to a sportsball game.

e: I guess I've given my friends stuff when they've been like "well I want/need x" and I happen to have x and not be using it, but I dont really go out of my way to buy presents for people.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

You don't get the gift to show them you're their friend in lieu of hanging out, you go hang out with said friend and then hey I bought you X because I saw it and I thought you'd like it friend :)

It's bc they genuinely thought the other person would like the gift, not to gain friendship points like it's The Sims (well, in most cases).

You don't get your friend a small gift if his B-day is coming up and you see something cool in the store?

I think "birthday gifts" and "multiple gifts just because we haven't seen each other in a while" are basically different planets as far as gifting is concerned. And poo poo, these days I don't even really do birthday gifts to friends, birthdays are more go out and drink occasions.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

To be fair if they're at the point where they're commenting on your dick size they're probably looking to get hosed.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I hate shaving because I have to do it every morning and sometimes I'm pretty tired and dont wanna bother. Not showering is pretty unforgivable though.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I kinda had the whole "as soon as you ask a girl out she either says yes or you immediately end the friendship" thing going on for a while in high school, but looking back at it it was because the first girl I asked out basically did that to me. We went from great friends talking/texting every day to her pretending I didn't exist just because I asked her out and let me tell you that fucks a guy up when you're in 9th grade and haven't really done the dating thing before. I basically assumed that's how it worked for years after that until I got turned down but the girl was chill about it so we stayed friends like normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

*frantically types several paragraphs about just how much he doesn't care*

• Locked thread