Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

PallasAthene posted:

What's weird about this guy was that I guess he liked me pretty quick after we met, but he went out of his way to tell me he had never had interest in girls. That sort of tossed him out of the dating pool. Maybe he thought that if I thought he wasn't interested in girls, I'd be comfortable changing in front of him or something? My bro knew some guy who swore that if you pretended to be gay, Christian girls would take it as a challenge to "convert" you back with sex. I think I remember a movie in the 90's where Chandler from friends pretended to be gay to get girls. That may have had something to do with it.

Francis from "Malcolm in the Middle" did that too. These guys must watch too much TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm collating all of these inspirational stories of goons interacting with members of the opposite sex and other pearls of wisdom into a little book of proverbs. I just need a catchy title.

Chicken Soup for the Sadsack's Soul

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

Overly Feminist Guy is just Nice Guy with new clothes

They're both trying to hit a baseball with a piece of wet spaghetti, and they don't understand what they could be doing wrong.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

This aint me, this my gf, just wanna drop in and say that curdy is a big fat loving loser with zero ambitions in life and will soon wake up to a harsh adult world with no foundation to grow anything, trying to build a life upon nothing. I hope he dies.

Put a ring on it

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Endbringer posted:

Anyway, that's my experience with self proclaimed "Pick-Up Artists."

I like the jacket story.

Pick-Up Artists aggressively set out to fail

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wicker Man posted:

Considering how much evidence there is that shows off how pathetic the Nice Guys are and what a joke the term is for the past decade, you'd think these nice guys might have mutated into something else. Some other grand strategy that will take them to the promised land of butts and boobs. The nerd meta game feels like it should be changing by now.

Most grow up after graduating high school and eventually develop a personality. Others just complain on the internet.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Also, it's much easier to get dates if you stop watching anime

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weezer's "Pinkerton" was the perfect album for high school sad sack-nice guys who can't get laid. Rivers Cuomo wrote most of the songs while high on painkillers!

Tracks included:
- Whining about getting hurt by girls
- Japanese culture
- Lesbians???

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Women of the world, we're sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVQrBDcMTw

You're welcome

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

He's over twice my age and he tricked me, we were just talking about soufflés and he offered to take me somewhere that made the best soufflés, it wasn't until I got there I even realized it was going to be a whole big thing . gently caress you guys

This is good, but I think the date where the guy took you to the lecture on historical pickling techniques is the best one.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

I have a fedora I wear and it gets a lot of attention. I'm actually going to wear it next month at my brothers birthday party

we're going to oktoberfest for his birthday and it's a traditional oktoberfest tyrolean

Hope its got a fancy feather in it.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

you forgot the part about the science experiment in the chemistry classroom that transformed your goony rear end into the slick suave sex machine presented here yo. I wanted to hear that part of the story because :science:

He drank a bottle of Brut aftershave.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

How many of your friends have a permanent key to your house and implicit permission to borrow your stuff without asking?

Just my racist friend Kramer

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Pick's Friend: Hey Pick, did you steal my TV?
Pick: Woah hey, I thought we were friends here. Jeeze!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fat Shat Sings posted:

what about a "jesus didn't tap" t-shirt

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

Semi-related to fitness as a cure for Nice Guys: Nice Guys who manage to avoid becoming weird PUA's or MGTOW but manage to get in shape and join a frat/make a team seem to really double down on racking up as high a number as possible. I dunno if it's making up for lost time or new confidence but it's pretty funny to watch. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Oh my God yes.

I got a facebook message out of nowhere from this fat nerdy kid I went to high school with but hardly knew. It was about 6 or 8 years after high school and he had gotten way into P90x and distance running/biking, he must have lost about 100 lbs. At first he just wanted to talk to me about a long distance running event we both happened to be participating in, but then he switched over to talking about all the women he was loving. He even brought up how he recently hosed this girl who "friendzoned" him in high school.

• Locked thread