Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost

quote:

we've all heard about cyberpunk and cipherpunk, but here's something new:

textpunk.

That's right. Textpunk

Newspaper articles, BBSs (like this one), IRC, ASCII art, Kopipe, program source code, Novels, View HTML source, Google search engine, Mathematics, Hieroglyphics, The Rosetta Stone, Gutenberg Bible...

A textpunk doesn't sit there waiting for information to be slowly fed to him drip at a time by the gogglebox. A textpunk is thirsty for knowledge and 100% focused - they read old school hacker textfile zines. They don't waste their time with lame imageboarders: instead they're doing crazy abstract shitposting on /prog/ with thoughts and concepts twisted up so with many levels of irony that it becomes an art form.

Posting this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
There was a really good thread around 2008 about people living in a Crust Punk house. It was gross and beautiful, like most punk things.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

sk8 or die, dude

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Blink just came out with a new album dude.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
In the mid-late 90s I worked at a shithole club (the Milestone in Charlotte, NC). A notable punk thing I saw was a guy getting pepper-sprayed in the face so he went to the bathroom and rinsed his face with literal poo poo-water from a stopped up toilet. His name was Lazarus. He later left a message on my (now) husband's voicemail about how we were all bad influences and he was moving on with his life and "gently caress the AGP."

One of my friends bought his jacket from Wilson's leathers in the mall and spent a day running over it in his truck so it looked worn. He now lives in one of those hippie communes in Asheville. It's cool. Most of those people have jobs and families now (myself included). They may not be aesthetically punk but deep down they're cooler than you'll ever be. Even if they drove over a leather jacket from the mall.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
best punk socal 80s punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JytO0DFxzis

edit: also lol at the obvious white boy frustrations rampant in 80/90s punk/alt rock

early punks' rejection of the liberal state helped bring about Reagan's revolution. thank guys.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 25, 2016

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Millie posted:

In the mid-late 90s I worked at a shithole club (the Milestone in Charlotte, NC). A notable punk thing I saw was a guy getting pepper-sprayed in the face so he went to the bathroom and rinsed his face with literal poo poo-water from a stopped up toilet. His name was Lazarus. He later left a message on my (now) husband's voicemail about how we were all bad influences and he was moving on with his life and "gently caress the AGP."

One of my friends bought his jacket from Wilson's leathers in the mall and spent a day running over it in his truck so it looked worn. He now lives in one of those hippie communes in Asheville. It's cool. Most of those people have jobs and families now (myself included). They may not be aesthetically punk but deep down they're cooler than you'll ever be. Even if they drove over a leather jacket from the mall.

i have a jacket that has road rash from hitting a deer on a motorcycle so smell my asdhole

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
calling bullshit on a deer driving a motorcycle

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Enfield posted:

i have a jacket that has road rash from hitting a deer on a motorcycle so smell my asdhole

my father has one that saved his life. Broke his leg in about 37 places

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

my father has one that saved his life. Broke his leg in about 37 places

i have a metal rod in my leg :regd09:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
and my pants

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Millie posted:

They may not be aesthetically punk but deep down they're cooler than you'll ever be. Even if they drove over a leather jacket from the mall.
Have any of them ever killed a man?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought the motorcycle when i was 20ish, 2 years after i got a dui after driving back from a punk show in dc :smugdog:
edit: heres the flyer

Enfield fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 25, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Enfield posted:

i have a metal rod in my leg :regd09:

just one?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
all i wanted was a pepsi :(

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Maldoror posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Maldoror posted:

lol

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Punks, Goths, and Rivetheads disappeared into the mall...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxK2X2P4C0

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
that sk8r boi son gwas p popular and made lots of money so it sounds like punk is doing really well op :)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DrPossum posted:

that sk8r boi son gwas p popular and made lots of money so it sounds like punk is doing really well op :)

pretty sure. i already pimped this song

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Punk was never real it was always an excuse for rich kids to dress like poo poo and pick fights with legit poor kids.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dr. Lariat posted:

Punk was never real it was always an excuse for rich kids to dress like poo poo and pick fights with legit poor kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Enfield posted:

that's so unsafe, who gives a deer a motorcycle?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xemLz_fR1Ac

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
long live doc dart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9zbrP5kHg

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual

Friginator posted:

Punk died with this album

I own this album. It's pretty good!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Some punks were indeed well-to-do, but they'd jump in a dumpster outside the pharmacy for a rig just like the poor ones. That is the reason why punks were cool, because they'd rather get hepatitis or HIV than live in this bullshit society. It also explains partly why punk is dead.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
I just finished watching the new episode of Bar Rescue, which was about some lovely punk bar in Long Beach. The owner was some spoiled dude bro and self-proclaimed "punk rocker" who refused to "sell out" by making any changes to his failing bar, so the show just walked out on him and didn't fix anything. It was hilarious.

I love punk music, but most of the people I've ever met who've referred to themselves as punks have been entitled, self-righteous, trust-fund pricks. I played a lot of punk shows in Berkeley/ SF during the mid-to-late 90s and almost every show was full of those kinds of people. Maybe it was just the time and place, but I doubt it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:c00lbert:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I just finished watching the new episode of Bar Rescue, which was about some lovely punk bar in Long Beach. The owner was some spoiled dude bro and self-proclaimed "punk rocker" who refused to "sell out" by making any changes to his failing bar, so the show just walked out on him and didn't fix anything. It was hilarious.

God I can only imagine the nasty rear end poo poo that loudmouth prick would've installed (then pulled out the second the cameras were done rolling) and the godawful signature drink some mixologist friend of his would've designed for it. That show is the worst and I hope every bar featured in it closes down (spoiler: a good amount do).

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Hey Mumpy Puffins, off topic but did you ever play a browser based zombie game called Quarantine 2019?

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
Punk's not dead he's surely alive.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

monkey posted:

Hey Mumpy Puffins, off topic but did you ever play a browser based zombie game called Quarantine 2019?

cant say i have

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Prettz posted:

Have any of them ever killed a man?

Killing people doesn't make you punk, it makes you a punkass.

Real punks kill themselves.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Punk rockers wind up making country records. It must be a white trash thing.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Bob's death was pretty sad

Who would just give a casual acquaintance enough painkillers to kill someone who complained about a headache?
that movie was dumb in high school, its dumb now. Matthew Lillard sucks

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Punk's not dead it just smells funny.

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
I don't think this is the right way to start a working relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd9NwrU_Mqg

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

cant say i have

Something weird is happen... I stopped playing it years ago but clicked the bookmark for it the other day... at the login screen, the username field had a few names pop up on autocomplete and "Mumpy Puffins" was one of them. *shrug* I don't know what is going on. Somebody is eating my cookies or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I can't follow the advice in drugs are good anymore, there are no more punk bands to join. :(

Oh btw metl is also dead. https://youtu.be/WOC7ZXKQzTM

• Locked thread