Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
man I wish I served in one of those units where nobody cared :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Godholio posted:

Aircrew, bro. Probably could've had a straight fellow flightsuiter roll as a plant wingman.

It was really only one or two NCO's at Kadena that were the problem. My overwhelming experience was that no one gave a poo poo. But those poo poo heads managed to make my last 6 months there hell once my "secret" went wide. Things were much better at Holloman, my first sergeant actually talked to me about it like I was a human being and helped get me a DOS rollback to separate a year early since I was heading down a bad path in part because of my experience at Kadena. I'm glad to hear that for most people it was a non-issue but I guarantee it wasn't like that for everyone. I'm glad the policy is gone. The worst part was not being able to stand up for myself or talk to anyone about it aside from my parents via Skype.

It might not have been a huge people for many but it certainly wasn't a nonissue either.

• Locked thread