Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

In Special Tee Shot, is it possible to come to a complete stop in the area that has the 'waves' going on, where the game gives you control again, but then a wave comes out and pushes you off anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man, what a disappointing boss fight, it just seems kinda short and awkwardly shoehorned in. At least the last few levels running up to it looked pretty great. Does the eighth hole actually require much skill or is it just a showy way to end the course?

When I first got to this point of this game I had no idea that Dedede requires chip shots. I just kept putting against him and it seemed to have some effect but he wouldn't die, so I just thought he had a huge amount of HP. Took me a while before I figured it out, but once you do it isn't that hard.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Doesn't Dedede move slightly faster in extra mode?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ephraim225 posted:

Kirby's Dream Course TAS Blind Commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soR8mZlb4Pk

Take note that the TAS is over an hour. If you're only interested in the highlights, see Course 3, Course 6, and Course 8. Overall a really great TAS and you should totally watch it with or without commentary. (The Extra Courses really feel like they're phoned in when you watch the TAS and see many of the same tricks out there for the second round.)

The original TAS is found here: http://tasvideos.org/Game/snes-kirbys-dream-course.html I used SNES9X 1.51 to view it, I ran into desync with 1.54.

And that will definitely conclude the Kirby's Dream Course/Special Tee Shot LP! Thanks to everyone who stuck around for it!

Thank you for the cool LP of two interesting games.

Also, according to the TAS author comments: "In extra mode, Kirby deals half as much damage to Dedede".

You know what that means? It proves I'm NOT CRAZY! There IS a difference!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I know I know but it seems people (also outside this thread) were thinking the fights were exactly the same and I thought they weren't.

• Locked thread