Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ornamented Death posted:

Are you looking for something like a fictional account of a group like the Golden Dawn? Or just anything involving cults? Because for the latter, a pretty big chunk of cosmic horror involves cults trying to summon one unspeakable evil or another.

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn wasn't/isn't a cult.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

precision posted:

I mean, the concept of Literally Nazi ABBA taking over the world is kind of frightening.

It really isn't

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Golden Dawn were not a cult, as has been stated.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Kurtz posted:

I remember the first time I read In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. It was around midnight or so, and I remember thinking about the absolute cold randomness and implacability of the murders. I stood up and made sure the doors were locked, and then I woke up my dog made him sleep in the room with me. God, that book scared me to death.

The coldness of the murders and the blood involved certainly is scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Anvil of Stars by Greg Bear. It's not a traditional choice, but if you read past the cutesy kid-friendly language the human characters use this is a book full of incredibly hosed up people doing awful things to themselves and everyone around them even as you slowly start to realize what a likewise hosed up universe they live in.

Even as a sci fi loving teen that book was really quite awful.

• Locked thread