Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti.

He's pretty famed for his fiction but this is probably the scariest thing he's ever written as it's a rather compelling non fiction book that argues, rather persuasively, that consciousness is an insurmountable horror for humanity and it would have been better had we never experienced it.

The central premise is that Life is Not OK and having read it, it's sort of hard to disagree if you're of a certain mindset.

Probably not the thing to read if you've ever harboured suicidal thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Talmonis posted:

Anyone know of any cult related horror novels that were good? I'm looking to do some fictional research, as it's a subject that scares the hell out of me from the non-fiction I've read.

The Nightmare Girl by Jonathan Janz.

This book creeped me the hell out. It's the first I read of his but it was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad it was.

The premise is pretty plausible, which makes it worse.

• Locked thread