Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

fbsw posted:

i went to a dude's house who asked me to sample like 6 different whiskeys that were $50-$100 a shot or something. i did them all, said they tasted like poo poo, and asked for smirnoff.

I'm sure that guy was a complete hipster but I hate your terrible whiskey sense and would fight you if we met irl maybe

edit: lol drunk poo poo talk snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I have a very serious problem where what I want to do is drink alone and read at a bar that isn't too far away (any of them), but I inevitably end up having a few rounds and getting chatty and making friends, and that means I can't drink alone any more at those establishments most of the time. I've legitimately entertained the idea of moving to a new neighborhood to combat this but I know I'd be back at square one in six months.

The upshot is I meet bar weirdos a lot, that can be good value. My new best bar friend is this weird older guy who claims to have been an NYC murder cop for years, and he's got some pretty good stories. My favorite so far is one where an eight year old child can tell he's an undercover at a subway station

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm drinking irl right now. Briney Melon Gose... gose style beer will change your life.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Not me I havent put away a fifth of whiskey in like 36 to 48 hours at least

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I probably would be sippin on another fine bottle of Wild Turkey 101 if my state didnt have stupid blue laws tho

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6Xst6euQk

drink and pretend you are 25 again

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Swan Curry posted:

Do Americans drink cider? It's never mentioned in the many many drinking threads that gbs produces

Yeah, but there are only two flavors here: ultra-sweet bitch beer or outrageously expensive.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I only drink a few times a month now. I am better than yall. Enjoy dying of liver failure, screaming.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Swan Curry posted:

Do Americans drink cider? It's never mentioned in the many many drinking threads that gbs produces

In America any alcohol that isn't beer or hard liquor is a girl drink for some reason.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

bleep.bloop posted:

Yeah, but there are only two flavors here: ultra-sweet bitch beer or outrageously expensive.

Crispin Brut manages to be neither

America was built on apple cider, more or less, that and slavery

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

bleep.bloop posted:

Alternately, make friends with some homebrewers. A lot of them make good not-overly-sweet cider.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
most cider is poo poo

theres some good stuff coming out these days tho

i had an alcoholic kombucha (lol) last weekend and it was actually really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

katkillad2 posted:

I'm drinking irl right now. Briney Melon Gose... gose style beer will change your life.

briney melon gose is real good

• Locked thread