Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Game Details
Public Beta -- July 28th - August 4th (Registration is closed)
Release date -- September 13th

Ted's YouTube Emporium
https://www.twitch.tv/teds_twitch_emporium
http://tedswebemporium.com/
Click here to chat with goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Hockles fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Reserved.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
OP should just be a giant fart noise

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
EASHL means I'm back to buying this game yearly like a pathetic and retarded sheep

Customizable jerseys and arenas is p cool I guess

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sba posted:

OP should just be a giant fart noise

On it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
voted 5 for thread title

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
These games have loving SUCKED on new GM and no expansion mode is embarassing. gently caress you Rammer

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

16 was the first year since they added EASHL that I was able to regularly get in and play online with friends. I logged close to 250 games (which sounds like a lot until you realize sba had 811) and, while we all bitched about the game constantly, overall we had a lot of laughs and funny moments. Looking at what they've announced for 17, it looks like at least a decent incremental improvement, and I'm excited to play it with my cool and good hockey friends. :3:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

aunt jemima posted:

(which sounds like a lot until you realize sba had 811)

Teds_Bot_Emporium> + sba extended his point streak to 49 games!
Teds_Bot_Emporium> sba: #67 My Dad Guy Fieri: 811GP 808G 825A 1633P 2.01PPG +596 577PIM 1365H 6937(11.6%)S

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

This game loving sucks and unless you are part of our autist eashl collective on Xbox you should not buy this game under any circumstances.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sellouts posted:

This game loving sucks and unless you are part of our autist eashl collective on Xbox you should not buy this game under any circumstances.

This wouldn't fit as a thread title. I tried...

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Hoping I can convince the Killdozers to keep the Beer league arena throughout the course of 17'.. Thing looks awesome!

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

does this game or did the last game have edit players/creation zone poo poo in it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Will this be the game they finally fix the computer auto pinning you against the boards which every versus player mercilessly exploits because people are assholes? Or the leg kick right left deke goal?

(no)

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I will probably buy this game like I did last year, going gently caress you EA I'm not going to buy your stupid buggy half-assed game until the counter I've been staring for two hours to buy and download the game runs down to zero when I immediately click on it like a moron.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
I'll be buying and trying to EASHL again, if the Autists will allow it. The expansion mode could provide some solo fun and I'm intrigued how BAP will be changed, I imagine not at all.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My IRL friends don't really play anymore so I might be in the market for a new PS4 team. I've done some drop ins with the old squad but you guys always seem a bit full up for league games

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Nevermind, this game is awful, dont buy it!

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 27, 2016

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sellouts posted:

I just want to be part of a team, even if it is autists and a Guy Fieri cosplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOmC_fZ9dgM

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I look forward to jumping into eashl early enough that all the teams I get invited to aren't just 12 year olds who play together for a week and then never touch the game again.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Early impressions: the game feels exactly the same as 16, with minor cosmetic additions. The individual and team leveling up in EASHL is pretty neat, though.

e: Beta is out already, btw

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Are there any PS4-icans still around? Them existing and starting up an EASHL team will further dictate if I buy this stupid-yet-only-available hockey video game omg fire rammer.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I will start a new PS4 team if we have enough guys

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is the world cup of hockey thing integrated into be a gm or be a pro at all?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Count me in for some ps4 eashl action.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Hockles posted:

Early impressions: the game feels exactly the same as 16, with minor cosmetic additions.

My thoughts:

• Passing feels a lot more difficult, especially if it's not very charged.
  • It's much, much easier to get called for tripping with a bad poke, btu the pokes are more effective.
  • Puck pickups feel better for the most part.
  • AI are much better about stopping the backdoor cross crease.
  • Deking feels slightly easier or maybe I'm just getting better :smuggo:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Anybody run across/sign up for any PS4 beta keys by chance? I didn't even know it was happening so I missed the sign up date.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Anybody run across/sign up for any PS4 beta keys by chance? I didn't even know it was happening so I missed the sign up date.

I also missed the sign up date and want to try it out on ps4, I found the email telling me to sign up for the beta but it was sent to my email I use for junk so I didn't see it in time.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Anybody who actually gets an email will get a total of 3 codes, 1 for themselves and 2 extras. So, if you do, share the wealth.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
A ps4 code pmed to me would be a grand surprise for me after a long day of helping my friend move tomorrow in the heat.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I will pour never ending adulation upon you for a PS4 code

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

aunt jemima posted:

My thoughts:

• AI are much better about stopping the backdoor cross crease.

I remember this being the case with the last year's beta too, but the actual game always changes lot from the beta. I didn't even sign up this year because of that.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm on PS4 also, I got my codes through so I shall share the wealth. Check your PMs.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

You sir are noble and likely very handsome

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The wave of emails just came out for people that were Insiders, but opted out of marketing emails. They/We were skipped over yesterday.

So, if anybody needs a Bone code, AJ and I have 6 between us.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

The wave of emails just came out for people that were Insiders, but opted out of marketing emails. They/We were skipped over yesterday.

So, if anybody needs a Bone code, AJ and I have 6 between us.

I have another 3 Xbone codes as well.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Any other ps4 codes floating around? The one I was sent was somehow already claimed. Some lucky kid must have written random letters and got a free beta code or, knowing ea, just increased the last 1 to a 2 to guess a code.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Teemu Pokemon posted:

My IRL friends don't really play anymore so I might be in the market for a new PS4 team. I've done some drop ins with the old squad but you guys always seem a bit full up for league games

We play with 5 or 6 and I believe all of our players are buying 17.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Well we're still friends on PS4 so if you need me I'm always around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
icefort??

• Locked thread