Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

Right. The meltdown needs to actually end before another meltdown can begin.

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pleads posted:

Any xbone teams playing EASHL?
Thanks for pushing my LFG off the page, dicks.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hockles posted:

Don't play this terrible game.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Pleads posted:

Any xbone teams playing EASHL?

I'm asking this for a friend.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My brother bought me NHL 17 for my birthday, so I guess I'm giving it a shot once I finish my current Be A GM season in '16.

Another thing I wish they had now that I think about it: PTOs and ATOs. Let me sign some scrub to the AHL for a month to see if I want to sign him as a depth player as opposed to the standard "he's either on an 'AHL contract' and yours until somebody else signs him or a two-way deal".

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
I think I've bought every NHL since 09 except for 15. I love them all. This is probably the worst one I've played because of one thing.

I thought that people were exaggerating when they said that stick lifts didn't work. Like I thought they worked about 15% of the time and people were just being funny with it. No. I am literally 0 for 200 on stick lifts.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I haven't played a ton of NHL17 yet but I opened the freebie packs they give you in HUT and the first ones I opened gave me a top line of ??? - Thornton - Eberle which seemed pretty good for day 1. And then the last pack I opened had a fresh Ovie in it. Now I feel like I have to play for at least a few months to pay them back for such generosity.

At the very least that top line has scored every shift they've had through 2 games so far so on that front I'm enjoying the game even if I'm not noticing much difference from 16

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Let's all watch Pleads absolutely truck a dude with no call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcJPjfOSnk

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I like how the slowmo reply sounds like an angry wookie

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Yeah, I could've preserved the pitch when adjusting the speed, but I prefer it this way.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Iodised QQ posted:

I haven't played a ton of NHL17 yet but I opened the freebie packs they give you in HUT and the first ones I opened gave me a top line of ??? - Thornton - Eberle which seemed pretty good for day 1. And then the last pack I opened had a fresh Ovie in it. Now I feel like I have to play for at least a few months to pay them back for such generosity.

At the very least that top line has scored every shift they've had through 2 games so far so on that front I'm enjoying the game even if I'm not noticing much difference from 16

Yeah I got Getzlaf and Hall from the free packs but I was done with the mode in under a week. Such a bore. Draft Champions is no stakes no reward grind and nothing else is even slightly interesting in HUT. Also the game is NHL 16 without sticklifts. No new pivoting like they advertised or anything really to make it feel like it has progressed or even changed little.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006
I hear there is a video game released recently, yet it doesn't even warrant a Pleads intro video? What kinda garbage is this?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
if anyone on Xbox wants to play some EASHL - come join the IRC chat

Click here to chat with goons.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sba posted:

if anyone on Xbox wants to get ridiculed incessantly and called homophobic slurs - come join the IRC chat

Fixed for accuracy.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

sba posted:

if anyone on Xbox wants to get ridiculed incessantly and called homophobic slurs by a center who can do no wrong - come join the IRC

Hockles posted:

Fixed for accuracy.
Fixed your fix.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sba posted:

if anyone on Xbox wants to get ridiculed incessantly and called homophobic and racial slurs by a center who can do no wrong and worships Guy Fieri - come join the IRC

Hockles posted:

Fixed for accuracy.

Oglogoth posted:

Fixed your fix.

Needed another fix.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

For real though. If you play NHL 17 on XBox One, we need more people active to play EASHL with.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

For real though. If you play NHL 17 on XBox One, we need more people for sba to berate and blame for losses.

Fixt.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Stop playing. Destroy the disc if you have a physical copy.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Stop playing. Destroy the disc if you have a physical copy.

We've tried. It just doesn't work. It just reforms again, inside the xbox.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Forming a new team to take the cursed disc from whence it came, send all applications to The Fellowship.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Pleads posted:

Forming a new team to take the cursed disc from whence it came, send all applications to The Fellowship.

Last time someone said to fill out an application in the NHL thread, another idiot filled one out.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Hockles posted:

We've tried. It just doesn't work. It just reforms again, inside the xbox.

The curse of digital game purchases :argh:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm the best.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pFyr6u4jaU

ty rammer for the SMB physics engine addition

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Hockles posted:

I'm the best.

glorious.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Got this game cause I'm a shameful HUT addict. Something happened with the economy this time around, it's super easy to cheaply fill a roster with 86-87 level players. I'm enjoying the mode more than in previous years

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah. 87 is like the base level for forwards. 88 for goalies. 86 probably for defense.

If you wan't to make some pucks just hang around the one hour mark in auction house and try to snatch the cards that people put in auction for too cheap and then immediately put then back on auction for higher price. Also set the search parameters so new cards coming to auction don't make you lose the one hour mark that you need to be watching. It's pretty easy to make pucks this way in the 4000-20000 price range cards and make couple hundred to thousand pucks per auction when you find the right balance for the search parameters.

I was also playing the mode building a team, was about to get my first 94 overall legend when I accidentally sold one of my most expensive cards for pennies and said gently caress it as I didn't really enjoy the actual game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Soft Shell Crab posted:

If you wan't to make some pucks just hang around the one hour mark in auction house and try to snatch the cards that people put in auction for too cheap and then immediately put then back on auction for higher price. Also set the search parameters so new cards coming to auction don't make you lose the one hour mark that you need to be watching. It's pretty easy to make pucks this way in the 4000-20000 price range cards and make couple hundred to thousand pucks per auction when you find the right balance for the search parameters.

Yeah I might get into that again. I did it years ago when they had the iOS app, it was great. I feel less interested in it when I could actually be playing the game instead of hovering on the auction house

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I broke down and fired up this game for the first time. Being an unabashed Franchise mode lover, why is it that I can't find several of the prospects currently playing for the Monsters and why does the game barely have any depth at the AHL level? Zaar and Bittner, specifically. I checked both Cleveland and their International or junior teams and can't find them despite both of them playing in Cleveland.

The lack of players in the minors will make it nice so I can actually complete a trade in this game, but am I going to have to backfill minor leaguers on my own? 16 had a whole pile of guys. (e2- Apparently those are most all the guys the CBJ have under contract. This game needs an advanced mode with PTOs and AHL contracts.)

E- :laffo: The skyline on the page for Cleveland in the relocation options is god drat Columbus.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 12, 2016

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Got this poo poo for my birthday last week - Standard EA dumb rear end fuckery aside (Jesus Christ the ai defenders and same canned animations for 4-8 years now) be a pro and franchise mode are cleaned up a little better and am enjoying it. Haven't touched eashl in this yet, and since the demo. There any PS4 goon teams around who play late night Pacific - hah yeah right...

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Whole gameplay is about the same old too long canned animations that can't be varied or cancelled in any way and make this whole mess feel really unresponsive and not fun to play. Copy and paste this when NHL 18 comes out and the next after that and the next after that.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Duke Chin posted:

Got this poo poo for my birthday last week - Standard EA dumb rear end fuckery aside (Jesus Christ the ai defenders and same canned animations for 4-8 years now) be a pro and franchise mode are cleaned up a little better and am enjoying it. Haven't touched eashl in this yet, and since the demo. There any PS4 goon teams around who play late night Pacific - hah yeah right...

http://leaguegaming.com/

It's sperg as gently caress but these guys are active and will draft you onto a team, especially if you're willing to play defense or goalie, and get you into games on a regular schedule.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
I was just going to post asking if anyone played LG. This is my first full season and it's pretty fun and at a good level of competitiveness. My schedule never really synced with the XB1 goons since I'm on the east coast and go to bed too early. It's pretty fun but you really need to sign up early so you can hopefully "earn" a roster spot.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tonight I discovered I can stand at the point with my stick in the rafters a la PK Subban.

http://xboxclips.com/Legeidus/47720f94-0176-4b94-8813-00a39d0f05b5

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Awwww your poor cpu goalies gaa :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This game is pissing me off.

"Want to pass to the winger streaking up the right wing. Got the stick aimed in the perfect direction to do it. NAH, COMPUTER PASSES TO THE CENTER BEHIND YOU BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED, RIGHT?"

"I've got a guy going to the net and we can bang-bang it for a go--NO, KICK IT BACK TO THE DEFENSEMAN WHO'S IN TRAFFIC AND CAUSE A TURNOVER MUAHAHAHAHAHA!".

I'm playing Franchise mode with the sliders in the exact same settings as they were in the last game and it feels impossible. Is Semi-Pro the equivalent of NHL 16 Pro? Gonna have to walk it back to that (since it used to be Rookie or Pro) and ramp up the AI difficulty to get it to where it's not an absolute pain in the rear end trying to get anything done, yet I still can easily give up goals on my own accord because I probably shouldn't play D ever.

e- Also, the Blackhawks center won the draw, dropped back with the puck, and the CPU did this "slide back and forth on the blue line endlessly because you're at center ice pressuring him" thing for a minute straight before I moved toward him. :lol: :wtc:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 23, 2016

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Turn the pass assist down/off maybe it'll stop dinging the forward in the middle as much...?

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

the game has some problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
okay yeah the new tuner or patch definitely feels like it made the passing a little screwy.

• Locked thread