Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

me when the d refuses to play in position in eashl

Being a Teal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

me when the d refuses to play in position in eashl

only play club

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
teal is universally hated

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

sba posted:

only play club

my club consists of a bunch of 40 year old friends that haven't played a hockey game since nhl94 that believe the best button in the game is the y button

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Doctor Butts posted:

Being a Teal.

:catstare:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

quote:

booting this game is universally hated

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress y'all teal for life stop playing drop-ins you plebs

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I would if I had enough friends to play with. :(

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
gently caress. I'm terrible at EASHL. Everyone who I match up with in a drop in match tells me I loving suck. I've gone something like 5-30 for faceoffs lol.

Question about gliding and maneuvering between players when you have the puck - is it done with moving the right joystick and left joystick only? Or is there other buttons involved? Whenever I attempt it using the joystick only, I get leveled by a player on the opposing team.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

lol internet. posted:

gently caress. I'm terrible at EASHL. Everyone who I match up with in a drop in match tells me I loving suck.

Bradford you are still logged into your alt.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

why were those video clips posted they're all terrible what am i supposed to see

also the goalie goal y'all scored is weak and stupid and should not be celebrated

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sba posted:

folks it's with great regret that I have to inform you that bradford is good at NHL

This actually happened.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sellouts posted:

also the goalie goal y'all scored is weak and stupid and should not be celebrated

I'm the best.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

I'm the best.

This actually happened.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Is there a Ps4 eashl team? How do I join

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

lol internet. posted:

gently caress. I'm terrible at EASHL. Everyone who I match up with in a drop in match tells me I loving suck. I've gone something like 5-30 for faceoffs lol.

lol internet. posted:

Is there a Ps4 eashl team? How do I join

Start lying about how good you really are.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I have an EASHL team I've never used, if there are PS4 orphans you can friend me (IceFortJohnnyAce) then find my squad and we can play

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Why won't any of you jamokes join my team so I don't have to play with shitdick pubbies anymore and give myself a goddamn ulcer

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

because you picked the wrong console, idiot

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

no i said ps4 :confused:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

think again, xbone team is lush

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

sellouts posted:

think again, xbone team is lush

Let's go live to the dressing room cam:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Pretty sure I'm on iceforts team too, my psn is VforVegans. If you ever see me online sent me a message and I'll probably be down to play, especially if I'm playing For Honor while trying to convince myself it's a fun game.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I'M HAVING FUN ~spends 20 minutes running after the Japanese pole lady only to get thrown off a cliff from am unblockable hit~

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

I'M HAVING FUN ~spends 20 minutes running after the Japanese pole lady only to get thrown off a cliff from am unblockable hit~

That is pretty good summary of the game

Soft Shell Crab fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 27, 2017

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

Reserved.

What's going here?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bradf0rd posted:

What's going here?

Nothing. Because nothing interesting ever happened to use that post for.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

Nothing. Because nothing interesting ever happened to use that post for.

I just figured it was reserved for posting Hot Chocolate High Velocity way, way more than you did.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NHL Be Tim Peel Mode: coming to EA NHL:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2017/nhl-17-gameplay-series-be-a-ref?cid=30885&ts=1491072364069

It's a very well-presented April Fool's prank, but I'd love to try Be Tim Peel mode.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've wanted Be A Ref mode for a decade and at one point had a whole list of modes and features planned out when I thought I would get into game development.

gently caress EA.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Pleads posted:

I've wanted Be A Ref mode for a decade and at one point had a whole list of modes and features planned out when I thought I would get into game development.

gently caress EA.

ESHL would be god damned hilarious with human refs.

My true dream is NHL 1987 though with 80's style goaltending, hitting, and skating. I guess you could argue ESHL already kinda is that but being able to tard down the wing and wing slappers on some tiny goalie in short pads would own.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
my team's currently trying very hard to make ref jerseys. it's not working. sorry dyne

on the other hand our giant butt jerseys are a big hit

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

ESHL would be god damned hilarious with human refs.

My true dream is NHL 1987 though with 80's style goaltending, hitting, and skating. I guess you could argue ESHL already kinda is that but being able to tard down the wing and wing slappers on some tiny goalie in short pads would own.

New game called Old Time Hockey is literally this. Even earlier though as none of the players have helmets. I haven't played it but it's apparently pretty poor on the game mechanics side unfortunately.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Old Time Hockey is bad, sorry. The skating feels pretty bad, the control inputs are not responsive if you're used to NHL, and the fighting (which the game showed off as its crown jewel) is actually atrocious. It can't decide if it wants to be a 3v3 Arcade-style hit-fest or a more modern sports game in the NHL mold, and it fails at both.

The music is good, hip checks are fun, and the art style is solid. It may end up being an alright couch co-op beer game. Throw them $10 if you want to support literally the only alternative to the EA hockey franchise, but don't expect much.

e: And the goaltending is wildly inconsistent, you'll get absolutely robbed on good plays (there's no one-timers) and then your goalie lets in a floater from the blue line.

Actually basically every gameplay complaint you can levy against NHL applies to Old Time Hockey.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Pleads posted:

the control inputs are not responsive if you're used to NHL

I can't even fathom how unresponsive the controls are in that case.

There are no one-timers? Lol.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Movement-wise it's about the same as NHL aka mostly OK but sometimes your turns or pivots are dumb as gently caress and leave you flat-footed.

The responsiveness issue is when you're trying to like, hit, or shoot, or slash/trip. It feels like the game only registers one input within a certain time frame. This means you can't spam poo poo over and over, which I guess is good, but also means that if you, say, hook a dude and grab the puck, there's a delay in how fast you can try to pass it away or take a shot.

They tweeted they are hopeful to add one-timers later on down the road (:lol:)

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Has there ever been a hockey game without one-timer? One of the most basic things in hockey. Blades of Steel had one-timer if I remember correctly. Did nes Ice-Hockey?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah I was super stoked to see that Old Time Hockey game back when it was first making the preview rounds but after seeing a number of reviews and gameplay videos I'm super glad I didn't buy it. Every single one of them said the controls were super super lovely/"laggy"/delayed/whatever and that the developers posting on reddit said "yeah we did that on purpose caaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuse...:shrug:"

So now I'm hoping this isn't poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ybjx9RQjek but let's be honest it'll probably be poo poo.
also ^^^ this game has one-timers so hey it's got that going for it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I'd buy another 3v3 Arcade game for sure. That poo poo was tons of fun when it dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

So now I'm hoping this isn't poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ybjx9RQjek but let's be honest it'll probably be poo poo.
also ^^^ this game has one-timers so hey it's got that going for it.

I don't like how they make these games super simple with the violence being the focus. I mean it doesn't have to be like NHL with all the mechanics but some kind of sense that you are actually controlling the puck would be nice. But I know.. easier said than done. NHL has been done forever and it basically has two different modes: player having a puck and puck being loose and the boundary between those two modes is pretty drat messy and glichy.

• Locked thread