Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Will this be the game they finally fix the computer auto pinning you against the boards which every versus player mercilessly exploits because people are assholes? Or the leg kick right left deke goal?

(no)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Have they added a feature to effectively move your stick around on the defensive side of things? Holding LT in NHL 2K4 allowed you to move your stick around freely with the right stick while in the defensive zone. It made up for the difficulty of translating the minor positioning corrections seen in real hockey to a video game and was such a useful and intuitive feature that it boggles my mind that it hasn't been put in any of the EA games yet. You can sorta do it by holding the left bumper but you a) blindly pokecheck first and b) it only sorta wildly swings in the direction you want it.

Also icon passing, that was the poo poo.

Basically please bring back NHL 2K 2K.

They need to fix the loving penalties too. I'm so tired of getting a tripping penalty while poke checking some guy who is skating two miles per hour or even standing still. Nobody ever gets tripped in that position. In fact tripping is rare in general in hockey.

I get that they don't want people just spamming poke check all day but it's a little ridiculous how often tripping happens.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think Versus in this is the worst it has ever been. People don't even play the game. They charge their guy at you and then switch off of him so that the Hall of Fame computer can forecheck you. Offensively it's the same thing. You get the puck up ice on them and they switch off their dman and let him pin you to the boards. I don't know how people have fun not even playing the game but so it goes. Goals consist of the same cheese as ever with short side snipes and one-timers from impossible angles.

Tldr: play OTP only, Versus is garbage.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Pleads posted:

I've wanted Be A Ref mode for a decade and at one point had a whole list of modes and features planned out when I thought I would get into game development.

gently caress EA.

ESHL would be god damned hilarious with human refs.

My true dream is NHL 1987 though with 80's style goaltending, hitting, and skating. I guess you could argue ESHL already kinda is that but being able to tard down the wing and wing slappers on some tiny goalie in short pads would own.

• Locked thread