Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Does the ECHL factor into Franchise Mode? That's the only mode I play in this game and it'd be kinda cool to have the lower end players with the Monsters be able to go down and "develop" in ECHL simmed or even played games as opposed to just being a laundry list of extras who probably aren't going to play.

E- If it does, I'm resurrecting the hell out of the Dayton Bombers.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Does this game not start every god drat team in Franchise with 49 or 50 players on the roster in the first season so trades are actually possible? I'd like to shed a depth player for a pick, but can't because 27 teams are already at 50 loving contracts.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

That's loving stupid, what's even the point of having them then? Just for the 8 people who go to South Carolina Stingrays games and want to play two games with them before they're bored with 64 OVR players who can't do anything?

I'd get behind a mode where I could assign your lowest end players to an ECHL team of your choice (since I think that's how it works now). I could send some the 59-65OVRs to Cincinnati and they could develop however EA does it through playing in simmed games so you could see if they were worth anything. That, or play a handful of games myself and let the game do the rest, like I do with the Monsters.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Those "Your Local Rink" arenas are kinda cool.

I figure there are still no custom soundtracks/playlists, hitting is worthless, and the players standing directly over the puck do every AI motion possible except "take possession of the puck", though. I miss "Breakin' The Law" and Genesis' "Misunderstanding" playing when my team takes a penalty at home, damnit. :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

My brother bought me NHL 17 for my birthday, so I guess I'm giving it a shot once I finish my current Be A GM season in '16.

Another thing I wish they had now that I think about it: PTOs and ATOs. Let me sign some scrub to the AHL for a month to see if I want to sign him as a depth player as opposed to the standard "he's either on an 'AHL contract' and yours until somebody else signs him or a two-way deal".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I broke down and fired up this game for the first time. Being an unabashed Franchise mode lover, why is it that I can't find several of the prospects currently playing for the Monsters and why does the game barely have any depth at the AHL level? Zaar and Bittner, specifically. I checked both Cleveland and their International or junior teams and can't find them despite both of them playing in Cleveland.

The lack of players in the minors will make it nice so I can actually complete a trade in this game, but am I going to have to backfill minor leaguers on my own? 16 had a whole pile of guys. (e2- Apparently those are most all the guys the CBJ have under contract. This game needs an advanced mode with PTOs and AHL contracts.)

E- :laffo: The skyline on the page for Cleveland in the relocation options is god drat Columbus.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 12, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This game is pissing me off.

"Want to pass to the winger streaking up the right wing. Got the stick aimed in the perfect direction to do it. NAH, COMPUTER PASSES TO THE CENTER BEHIND YOU BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED, RIGHT?"

"I've got a guy going to the net and we can bang-bang it for a go--NO, KICK IT BACK TO THE DEFENSEMAN WHO'S IN TRAFFIC AND CAUSE A TURNOVER MUAHAHAHAHAHA!".

I'm playing Franchise mode with the sliders in the exact same settings as they were in the last game and it feels impossible. Is Semi-Pro the equivalent of NHL 16 Pro? Gonna have to walk it back to that (since it used to be Rookie or Pro) and ramp up the AI difficulty to get it to where it's not an absolute pain in the rear end trying to get anything done, yet I still can easily give up goals on my own accord because I probably shouldn't play D ever.

e- Also, the Blackhawks center won the draw, dropped back with the puck, and the CPU did this "slide back and forth on the blue line endlessly because you're at center ice pressuring him" thing for a minute straight before I moved toward him. :lol: :wtc:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 23, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NHL Be Tim Peel Mode: coming to EA NHL:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2017/nhl-17-gameplay-series-be-a-ref?cid=30885&ts=1491072364069

It's a very well-presented April Fool's prank, but I'd love to try Be Tim Peel mode.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I used to be addicted to these games and no matter how much I want to try to play, I just can't do it. I used to have so much fun with Be A GM. :negative:

I even got a kick out of when my team (CBJ) would acquire a player in real life after I drafted/signed/traded for them in one of the games over the years: by my count, it's Nathan Paetsch and Scottie Upshall (both NHL 08) and Scott Harrington (I think NHL 12 or 14). Anybody else ever unintentionally had that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I almost had a fourth- I traded Alexander Svitov to Calgary(?) for Jamie Lundmark, which was the first ever trade I made in Be A GM way back in NHL 07. The CBJ were apparently in on him for depth in 2009.

• Locked thread