Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I really enjoy seeing videos about drones and am always amazed when I see people racing them. I've bought my son a drone or two from Toys R Us and they either don't fly very well or are amazingly hard to control. I just chalked this up to it being a cheaper version of a "real" drone. Recently I saw a goon post an interesting YouTube on how to build your own but boy did it seem very complicated. Soldering seemed difficult and the parts weren't available from the same online stores so wasn't sure if there was a goto store for this kind of stuff. Can you buy a good pre built quality drone? Racing drone? First time beginner drone? Any good build-it-yourself drones for noobs like me? Magazines on the sport? Best way to learn?

Tell me about anything drone related that would help interested goons learn about this very neat sport.

(I looked on my iPhone to see if there was other ask/tell threads on this that were recent and didn't see any. My apologies if there is one already)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

spog posted:

Thanks for that recommendation. I've been fancying trying one of these, but not willing to fork out £200+

I see the 5c and 5c-1. Any difference?

• Locked thread