Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Majuju posted:

i've got a draft almost ready to go, don't worry about it

Will I need a battle pass level of 322 in order to read its full contents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Xtanstic posted:

Will I need a battle pass level of 322 in order to read its full contents?

yeah, uhh, yes. except you give the battle pass to me, so I can get the cool terrain.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

My favorite thing are the angry (probably euro) Reddit comments that are mad at PPD because he was so direct and "mean." Even if it was just "theatrics" from Ppd, there's a large ring of truth to it.

Same thing when ppd called out 7ckingMad after the latter whined about NA Quals quality being worse than EU. Eurotrash flooded ppd's tweet with a lot of "you attacked him so you lost the argument" as if DOTA tweets adhere to HS Debate Club rules.

Note: EU crashed out of that TI pretty quickly and NA took 2nd and 3rd. ppd owns bones.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

7ckingMad has flashes of being good but he's always rubbed me the wrong way. Stupid whiny Frenchman. Can't deny he's a real effective coach though. The only knock I have with PPD is booting my boy aui_2000 after a TI win :smith:. At least it led to the revival of Clown9 I guess.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Majuju posted:

i've got a draft almost ready to go, don't worry about it

hoping for a better title. I believe in you.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

hoping for a better title. I believe in you.

hey this one was relevant for like two weeks!

also yeah who's got a good title

e: just thought of a good one

Majuju fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 26, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pro Dota 2: TI7 Edition - The Only Dota Thread on This Forum

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

My favorite thing are the angry (probably euro) Reddit comments that are mad at PPD because he was so direct and "mean." Even if it was just "theatrics" from Ppd, there's a large ring of truth to it. Nahaz can't let anything go and is always complaining about poo poo. He needs to take his arguments and rants to private DMs, stop writing his tweetlongers and just work hard.

Reddit can never handle someone not being nice at all times. Sometimes you just need to say what needs to be said, like an intervention.

I feel like this is another reason why someone like pimpmuckl is also not invited. We know valve reads Reddit and twitter and all that poo poo. Just keep your head down and work hard.

After the clip Nahaz says he isn't going to TI because he "has to treat this as a buisiness" and "can make better content from home." Like dude if you can't make better content at the world's biggest esports event why the gently caress would they invite you? And if you love Dota how could you not want to go? And how many networking opportunities are you giving up to just sit at home and be bitter?

And then after ppd leaves the podcast Nahaz goes on to bitch about the prize pool distribution. The man just cannot take a hint.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Kibner posted:

Pro Dota 2: TI7 Edition - The Only Dota Thread on This Forum

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Pro Dota 2: Why was NP scared of TI7? Because TI7 8 C9

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Pro Dota 2: Why was NP scared of TI7? Because TI7 8 C9

jesus lmao

ppd interviewing ODpixel now https://t.co/4fYcWYwWI7

emdash fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 26, 2017

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Pro Dota 2: TI7 Edition: RIP Nahaz

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
People were complaining about things Nahaz does when he was a faceless guy writing factoid boxes that popped up in client. "Nahaz stats" came to mean the kind of term saying "when someone's balling out of control like this, they usually win". Those kinds of stats are can be interesting, but only in the event where the trend was defied. If my baseball team loses in a game where they score 12 runs, it puts it into perspective if someone can say "okay, through the club's history over 115 years, they've only lost while scoring 12 runs two previous times." But a lot of these sorts of stats in Dota are of the "no poo poo Sherlock" variety.

He's very big into win probability stats, but Dota doesn't have some kind of WPA style system to grade throws and big plays. The game changes too much for it. As an example, the kind of GPM players were attaining on Alch a few months back was higher than some of the most intensely skilled farming we've ever seen with the hero in previous patches, so we don't really have a consistent barometer for effort.

All that aside, it's hilarious that PPD trolled an economist by advising him to pull himself up by his bootstraps and keep on trying and get the success he earns in this totally just and fair world.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

the only man for the job

https://twitter.com/PyrionFlax/status/890292753288048640

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Pyrion owns bones. I have an autographed item from him a few years ago.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
TI7 Edition: Nahaz Watches From Home

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

I have a couple ingame autographs, and also he signed an actual physical page in a book I took with me to TI4! he's awesome

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
PFlax was real cool and signed my book at TI5 but I was also pretty drunk and a bit out of it hth

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Main event casting duos are:
Tobi and Sydn
LD and Lumi
OD and Fogged

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat would have loved some draskyl on the main event

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope we get at least one ODad cast in groups at least :(

e: LD getting in over Cap :barf:

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

drat would have loved some draskyl on the main event

me too, but lets face it - not exactly a face loved by the cameralens

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I hope we get at least one ODad cast in groups at least :(

e: LD getting in over Cap :barf:

Feel like its hard for Cap since he doesn't have that duo anymore. I actually don't remember him casting a game at the majors either, I think he was just on the panel?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

Tobi and Sydn
LD and Lumi
OD and Fogged

2 out of 3, could definitely be worse. OD and fogged had some great ones recently

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ragingsheep posted:

Tobi and Sydn
LD and Lumi
OD and Fogged

This is unoffensive. I'd prefer Merlini or Winter but I guess they're gonna be on analyst desk duty. I don't hate LD as much as you guys do but eh even then LD+Lumi seems past its prime.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I don't care either way about LD, but Lumi is really bad.

Tobi is also bad but he has good rapport with Synd and Synd is great.

OD and Fogged are probably the best duo right now.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Tobi and anything is just the worst

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

This is unoffensive. I'd prefer Merlini or Winter but I guess they're gonna be on analyst desk duty. I don't hate LD as much as you guys do but eh even then LD+Lumi seems past its prime.

Apparently Merlini prefers to be on the panel over casting. Winter would be awesome though and I like Lumi but he doesn't deserve to be there over guys who were left off the main event.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RisqueBarber posted:

pyrion and sheever are the only people i have autographed items of and i feel that thats the objectively correct choice

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

botany posted:

pyrion and sheever are the only people i have autographed items of and i feel that thats the objectively correct choice

I have a kaci meepo backpack called "something about Michael?" and it's my favourite dota hat. I think my ES totem is signed by sheever, and my undying totem is signed by Pyrion. I will never get rid of them.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
It seems weird to see Lumis name since he kinda did the ti 3(?) finals and then kinda disappeared for years

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Macarius Wrench posted:

It seems weird to see Lumis name since he kinda did the ti 3(?) finals and then kinda disappeared for years
TI2? His commentating of The Play with LD features him trying desperately to make an English word for a good five seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

hello! the new thread is here.

• Locked thread