Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

$25M here we come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
I fuckin love cosmetics and even I think the razor and ogre ones cross a line

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
That's a lot of particle effects. The Razor one looks like a goddamn disco.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i loving need that bane immortal

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

I'm glad we finally got a new thread for the biggest and best event in the dota calendar. I refer, of course, to the second edition of The Town: http://www.thetown.gg

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

there's like a 20% chance that nahaz will lose it and actually shoot someone this year probably

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

botany posted:

i loving need that bane immortal

update: spent money, have bane immortal. gonna play some bane now to celebrate

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sphyre posted:

I'm glad we finally got a new thread for the biggest and best event in the dota calendar. I refer, of course, to the second edition of The Town: http://www.thetown.gg

wait did they really get Ender Wiggin to agree to this

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Sphyre posted:

It just won't be the same without Nahaz in it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sphyre posted:

LD I know you read these threads and you really have to calm the heck down when playing mafia

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

KnoxZone posted:

It just won't be the same without Nahaz in it.

whoa I didn't even check the site, looks like no zyori either??? dreams do come true

e: hallelujah what a lovely day

Event Dates

August 2, 2016 - Wildcards
August 3-5, 2016 - Group Stages
August 8-13, 2016 - Main Event
Format

Wildcards: 4 Teams Double Elimination. Top 2 teams advance to Group Stages.
Group Stage: 2 groups of 8 teams. Top 4 from each group advance to Upper Bracket of Main Event. Bottom 4 to Lower Bracket.
Main Event: 16 Teams. Double Elimination Bracket.

Majuju fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 26, 2016

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
No GF for wildcards? Im ok with that.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

no gsl groups :unsmigghh:

now all we need is eg and secret in the same group

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Nice. New thread in time for top TI shitposting. Not enough dumb memes in the OP but hopefully that will get rectified. Also lacking top shitposting list of shame from previous thread and caster tiers but overall thank you Majuju for doing what none of us wanted to do..

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Nice. New thread in time for top TI shitposting. Not enough dumb memes in the OP but hopefully that will get rectified. Also lacking top shitposting list of shame from previous thread and caster tiers but overall thank you Majuju for doing what none of us wanted to do..

yeah it's a work in progress, I intend to keep adding to it

caster tier list: they're all poo poo

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

It's good that we officially can't stop giving valve enough money for this loving game

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

It's good that we officially can't stop giving valve enough money for this loving game

Usually when TI rolls around, I at least play a couple of games and enjoy the compendium. I straight up bought a compendium and barely opened it and have done 0 predictions so far. So yes you are right.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Majuju posted:

yeah it's a work in progress, I intend to keep adding to it

caster tier list: they're all poo poo
This is still topical somehow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt67kGDO_3U

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Golem get ye gone

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Canuck posted:

By the time August 23rd or whenever the funk the event end comes around I will have finished giving valve nearly $400

Again

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

By the time August 23rd or whenever the funk the event end comes around I will have finished giving valve nearly $400

Again

At least you got a sweet aegis out of it right?

Also all the visa issues that were tweeted about by the SEA guys still hasn't been resolved right?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Also all the visa issues that were tweeted about by the SEA guys still hasn't been resolved right?

https://twitter.com/TNCProTeam/status/758112164016066560

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is TI6 the TI with the biggest prizepool yet?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Pureauthor posted:

Is TI6 the TI with the biggest prizepool yet?

Of all esports of all time, yeah. And the pool is still growing.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Come on Valve, skew the prize share and give first 10 Million.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I'd be happy if Valve could divert like 5 grand towards figuring out how to get anything running smoothly and on time. I'm still waiting for the secret shop preorder system to activate even though it was supposed to have gone online 37 hours ago.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah and a bunch of spare immorts that you can put a claim on if you want one over in the trading thread in pgs

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah btw buncha free immorts going out in the trading thread, I'll have a tentative stock list later tonight and then a full one a few weeks from now when I finally go from like level 800 or whatever I'm at to 1k

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
"Preorder begins July 25th 26th 27th" as planned...

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I was looking through the new immortals in client and the first thing that came to mind was that Wisp immortal is really dumb. Then I realized it was me, that was really dumb.

Luna Was Here posted:

Again

Still not as dumb as this guy tho

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Im desperate for that LC Immortal but not even able to play until the 26th of August. Untradeable/ungiftable is some bullshit. Someone use my compendium as a surrogate and ill give you all my immortal chests or something.

Immortal 3's all look like poo poo except Lina's proton cannon which will cost $200.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i guess there wont be as many immortal 3s in circulation as the others huh? i almost have whatever level you get the permanent terrain at (125?) and i had 1 immortal 3

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Level 225 gets you the legion item and a full set of non-rare immortal 3s. I think a lot of people will end up around there if they are willing to spend.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm always in the Pro League thread and I don't know poo poo about Dota 2 but this will be my third or fourth year in a row watching this tournament because it's always insane. Can't wait for it to start. Are there any pre-qualifiers or are the wild card type rounds all starting in the second week of August too. Or did that already happen?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Libertine posted:

I'm always in the Pro League thread and I don't know poo poo about Dota 2 but this will be my third or fourth year in a row watching this tournament because it's always insane. Can't wait for it to start. Are there any pre-qualifiers or are the wild card type rounds all starting in the second week of August too. Or did that already happen?

The open qualifiers were like a month ago where it was basically 24/7 of semi-pro dota on and it's great.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Libertine posted:

August 2, 2016 - Wildcards
August 3-5, 2016 - Group Stages
August 8-13, 2016 - Main Event

I copy pasted this from Majuju's post

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

Again

is the aegis prop cool? I was considering springing for it since the secret shop merch looks very underwhelming this year (and I wouldn't be able to get it for a few months probably even)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Libertine posted:

You been missing out on a lot of good games this year. Valve introduced the Majors series this year, which has a ridiculous number of problems but has provided mini-TIs each season.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Secret Shop is finally open for business. I think I have one emoticharm pin set from last year and will be getting four more next weekend, but I have no interest in keeping them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

man the quality on some of those plushies has really taken a turn. the first year i don't have to wait an hour+ in line and nothing looks terribly great

• Locked thread