Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

There's a podcast on Twitch right now with Cap, Blitz, Grant, Charlie, and Nahaz. Nahaz is going 1v4 defending the idea that we don't need to know how Belichick/Maddon/Popovich succeed as managers and coaches, just that they succeed having never played sports professionally. He's really going all on in the idea that he deserves to be at TI instead of a pro.

It's looking bad.

Any links or clips to this. And did thye all poo poo on nahaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Lol the courier expires. I suppose it makes sense, if you're a whale, Valve knows they can get another 800 out of you next year.

If I'm reading the post correctly, it's not even a courier. It's just a model swap for Roshan that only the whale can see.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Any links or clips to this. And did thye all poo poo on nahaz

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161976086 sorry no idea what the timestamp is. after 3:30 ppd comes in and shits on him for a bit, though

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
PPD loving owns

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
jeez this is wild to listen to, nahaz is basically trying to argue two points in one, poorly, and doesn't seem to realize that charisma is important in broadcasting lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat PPD with the goddamn truth "LD and Maut cast duo was awful"

that was fire

E: I completely forgot that Nahaz was an analyst at TI5 and was kicked out lol

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 26, 2017

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

this is true, PPD is great. Real talk, he owns

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

hahahah nahaz getting roasted over the TI statsbook

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Nahaz: [About the Ti5 stats book] "It was actually not that detailed, I made part of it. 90% of the information in that book was intended for broadcast talent."

PPD: "Well this is a great point for grant about how loving useless statsmen are on the analyst desk because when we picked up that book and we look at it for like 5 minutes and we put it down and never opened it up again"

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

"my proprietary secret CSGO data"

e: if this actually goes how everyone is predicting, day9 is going to bring a ton of new people to the stream and they're going to hate it because the panel pros are gonna be too brain-powerful

e2: 3:51:00 oh my god ahahahah

Majuju fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 26, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientAveragePuddingTwitchRPG

PETER PAN DAM

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

peter rules

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

yo grant presenting the dr pepper then slamming it + PPD's reaction to that is hilarious

pfffffffffffff lmaoo

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Infamous and hellraisers

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿Qué????????????

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lmao

Majuju posted:

e: if this actually goes how everyone is predicting, day9 is going to bring a ton of new people to the stream and they're going to hate it because the panel pros are gonna be too brain-powerful

No worries PFlax will bring the average brain quotient down (in a good way)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

turboraton posted:

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿Qué????????????

....be honest with yourself u ..serrano!

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Is the full vid of this somewhere. I need it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

a witch posted:

Is the full vid of this somewhere. I need it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161976086

The whole thing is pretty cringe tbh because of Nahaz being so insufferable until PPD comes in at around the 3:30 mark

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Never liked ppd as a player but EG-CEO ppd owns

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
nvm

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I like ppd as a player and as an analyst. As a person he is sometimes a shitheel, but who isn't.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Did the coach of complexity really compare himself to popovich and belichick

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

okay this owns, i almost dont hate ppd anymore lmao

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Taffer posted:

okay this owns, i almost dont hate ppd anymore lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

Did the coach of complexity really compare himself to popovich and belichick

Oh he did dude. He did.

(He also goes a bit more in detail about his time on coL and it sounds like he didn't really do much)

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Does Nahaz actually play Dota? I found a Dotabuff profile that looks to be his and there's like one game that's a month old and the rest are at least a year old (excluding custom games).

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Nahaz bad? Who knew!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ppd loving owns. Where can i find this ti5 stats book hes talking about? Theres gotta be a pdf of it somewhere.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nahaz is no longer a professor and is ~focusing on esports~ and getting dunked on by a 25 year old while whining "I'm not that much older than you"

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

He really puts the dismal in the dismal science.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Hey if no one's making a new thread, let me know and I'll whip one up this weekend

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The problem with nahaz's stats is they arent stats, theyre factoids. Timbersaw tanked 57k damage, 3rd most all time, wowzerz. That's not really helpful in understanding what happened in the game, why, or to predict what Timber might do in the next. It's just Look, Thing Happened.

Its hard to do that with dota because it's so complex, but like, nahaz isnt even loving trying.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
PPD won a TI and lost like 3 stone so he's got 2 up on me already

kater
Nov 16, 2010

funmanguy posted:

TI2 Orange v Ehome in the lower bracket. First time i saw anyone use Tiny+Wisp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSnRL8Wgqo

Granted its been literally five years but man I do not remember Ayesee saying such a huge amount of nothing at all.

also lol 10 minute first bloods

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

kater posted:

Granted its been literally five years but man I do not remember Ayesee saying such a huge amount of nothing at all.

also lol 10 minute first bloods

Focus on draskyl and ignore ayesee. there are a few real bad casters around still, but none as terrible as ayesee

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nahaz is the type of dude who would take 'stop being an idiot on twitter' as just some flamewar poo poo when it is just honest good advice on how to not get washed out of Dota by Peter Dager

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My favorite thing are the angry (probably euro) Reddit comments that are mad at PPD because he was so direct and "mean." Even if it was just "theatrics" from Ppd, there's a large ring of truth to it. Nahaz can't let anything go and is always complaining about poo poo. He needs to take his arguments and rants to private DMs, stop writing his tweetlongers and just work hard.

Reddit can never handle someone not being nice at all times. Sometimes you just need to say what needs to be said, like an intervention.

I feel like this is another reason why someone like pimpmuckl is also not invited. We know valve reads Reddit and twitter and all that poo poo. Just keep your head down and work hard.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

PPD always kills it. He'd be, by far, the best analyst if he decided to do it. I'm hoping he gets plenty of air time at TI.

https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/890053834856316928

Nahaz on the next podcast?

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Reality Winner posted:

Hey if no one's making a new thread, let me know and I'll whip one up this weekend

i've got a draft almost ready to go, don't worry about it

• Locked thread