Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

All Teams Are Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sphyre posted:

I'm glad we finally got a new thread for the biggest and best event in the dota calendar. I refer, of course, to the second edition of The Town: http://www.thetown.gg

LD I know you read these threads and you really have to calm the heck down when playing mafia

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Libertine posted:

I'm always in the Pro League thread and I don't know poo poo about Dota 2 but this will be my third or fourth year in a row watching this tournament because it's always insane. Can't wait for it to start. Are there any pre-qualifiers or are the wild card type rounds all starting in the second week of August too. Or did that already happen?

The open qualifiers were like a month ago where it was basically 24/7 of semi-pro dota on and it's great.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Majuju posted:

added the caster tiers to the second post along with the top 16 teams posters from last thread.

link the dota crew thread

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Pyrion Flax posted:

it's loving sad. he's awesome, he should be there, but I guess they have to make the cut somewhere. somewhere other than me, obviously.

fogged is the white bread of dota casters. he is good but nothing notably great. he has a level of pro insight but he was never good enough to not end up being a caster. his voice is the correct level of deep and void of any obvious accent or lisp problems

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

cdec almost won 5 and they were the wildcard sooo

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Well it's an even numbered year so a chinese team is going to win. But which one??

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

stringball posted:

Gonna post the nahaz spergout again, why would mafia do something like this to someone, implying nahaz wasn't a sperger already

https://youtu.be/7fBfmPENyK0

but was he actually mafia

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does that dude work at Valve

he posts on reddit a lot

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What did they do to nerf techies

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I think it was this patch;

Basically reduced the damage on land mines while also preventing them from being stacked on top of each other. So Techies can no longer create a huge stack of mines on one point that instantly kill most heroes. Also melee heroes can kill the mines with QB/Battlefury so its not impossible for them to clear out a Techies minefield. So its way harder for Techies to actually do anything now and its not like the average player was amazing with him before anyways.

What patch was this because gosh drat that is a nerf into the ground

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The Shanghainternational

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really like that no team or even player has won 2 internationals ever

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wish they would use the regular loving terrain map

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

eg are bad

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I haven't been able to watch almost anything yet and I'm not going to be able to anytime soon. I'm going to miss the grand finals live :(

When do elimination matches start?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why does the russian stream always have more viewers. and is there even a chinese stream on twitch where do they watch from

also why the heck can't they use the regular terrain map :argh:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

That was a Good Game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

do you get lifesteal off illusions

and do illusions steal life

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are these the last games tonight why does it gotta end so gosh darn early

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

the loving prediction tab thats always there and the things that pop up when something happens are annoying the poo poo out of me

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are those water fountains on this terrain trees? Can you cut them down

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did Complexity really not make it???

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

Complexity were literally eliminated by a 15 year old boy playing meepo

I didn't get to watch the wildcards so explain in great detail to me because lmabo

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm surpised that this lady caster who's name I can't remember right now on stream 3 was invited to cast TI. I've only ever seen her do like tier 8 na casts at 3am with 100 viewers

why her over Llama

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

lmfabo why did he have two dragon lances why did he even have one does it even do anything on meepo

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

help what last game of the night do i watch

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I hope kotlguy gets put with someone not terrible tomorrow

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I get morphling because he can clone you but why did waga say don't get radiance against slark or od

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

its bothering me when they say she because of the hero and not the player

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

uhg i cant believe im starting to...gasp...like digital ctrash, a team forever tainted with the memory of Yawar

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Somewhere on the other side of the country from me, Artour Babeav slumbers in a hotel room

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I caught the last 30 seconds of that game where eg were all dead then alliance went and killed lion and won what happened

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When was doom picked

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

All dota games should just start the stream at like 45 minutes in because everything before that is boring

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I haven't seen a single midas all tournament

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hey guys wanna help me set up a boycott of ti because they didnt invite Llama to cast

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

you press button then it goes off like 2 seconds later and purges everything every like .1 seconds for 2 more seconds or something

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

how me a frog posted:

No because she is garbage, and so are you.

how me a frog posted:

I am loving confused, can slark just pull dark pact despite being lassooed? But not while being disrupted? But yes while being electric vortexed? But not while being stunned? I am probably completely wrong about this but slark seems to be constantly dark pacting well after the delay when for all other heroes hitting buttons would do gently caress all all. I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

where is purge, greatest of dota men, all this time

• Locked thread